Program (11)
2 D4v1d
3 Datasucker
1 Imp
1 Keyhole
1 Medium
3 Parasite

6 Likes

Good point. After you burn your stack, Trope becomes the Runner’s Jackson Howard in that Power Shutdown/Jackson Howard/Accelerated Diagnostics trio. How can this be abused?

3 Power naps

5 Likes

9 Likes

trope may end up being superior in that you control exactly what is in your stack. I’m unsure whether this would be a late or mid-game feature but a QT or duggars after troping back in the cards you want could be very strong.

Draw 2 / Trash 2 per turn.

Deck is exhausted in 12 turns. Or you make a bigger deck.

Deja Vue, SoT look to be instant stars. As well as tutors for the things you don’t want trashed - djinni perhaps for program, planned assault for an event.
I don’t see clone chip being a good fit. Half of your clone chips will get trashed - which is just influence down the drain. And the only thing the clone chips really will let you do is
recur a virus - half of which are down the drain. I think it will synergize with some cards as yet unknown releasing cards from heap.

Clone chip out. But Levy AR in. Standard play is Levy AR/SOT anyway. Now you’re just drawing faster too it.

Two ways to go - either recur your needed breakers via deja vu and retrieval run (Levy AR)
Or go with an AI approach - where you don’t care how many of crypsis/overmind/darwin etc you trash.

Interestingly, the retrieval run method would work for ice destruction, (forked) as well as the new breaker that doesn’t let you access.

The immediate bias would be that this is all the card draw you need. I think that is wrong. I think this card actually calls out for wyldside, as this would give you four cards of draw per turn for two cards of trash.
Capstone and Freelance would work well perhaps. Sort of begs for an Eko/Origami setup.

Actually, once your entire hand is drawn, it completely removes the penalty. Komainu becomes a pain. But scorched / pc does not.

On econ, I could see it going either of two ways. Lots of event based economy - or recursive recurrent - 3 armitage 3 daily casts etc. But going the wyldside method I spoke about you are putting a heavy premium on y our clicks.

Instantly becomes the first or second strongest ID in anarch.

You know, while I don’t think we are there right now, I don’t think that this is actually all that bad of an idea. Anarchs typically run AI icebreakers so getting the distribution right is going to be a lot easier compared to a faction that didn’t. And if the rest of your deck is just econ or cards that are independently good, then the increase in variability doesn’t really make too much of a difference since they are so interchangeable.

1 Like

Didn’t mean to imply I thought it was a bad thing. It’s an amazing amount of draw, and gives you a new different approach.

But man are you going to have to consider chronos.

1 Like

Yep, the PE match up will be scary, and Chronos is strong in pinging decks. I’ve wondered why it hasn’t replaced Gila in the Cambridge PE deck. I wonder if PE is worth teching against in MaxX beyond Levy.

I will be utterly schocked if MaxX doesn’t make a very strong showing. The thing to remember is that for fifteen turns, this ID is pure benefit. I think she’ll far surpass Andromeda in terms of early game reliability (though ofc with obvious late game trade off)

This is not Nasir or Iain: this is a raw power ID that will find a home. Competitive? Maybe, anarch as a faction still needs help. But I think Maxx will likely end up on top of the heap with Noise.

6 Likes

I am pretty sure that Valencia has more raw power than Maxx, because while max gets one click each turn for 14 turns, Valencia gets 1 credit per run! and im pretty sure every run needs money. Its kinda like having a runner with an auto desperado upfront, how is that not raw power? plus all the shenanigans with bp stuff especially NAPD.
i think the best anarch now should be valencia or noise(only because access is huge).

I think that for right now, Maxx is more powerful because she grants a new level of consistency to the faction most in need of some. Both abilities have a lot of raw power, but being able to turn Clone Chip and Deja Vu into tutors and giving you a whole lot of free cards does a lot more to solve anarch problems than a free credit per run. I think both IDs have the potential to be pretty great, but unless there is a new type of Valencia build (Knifey Spoony?) that helps her get by with less than a full breaker suite, 50 cards and not a lot in the help-you-get-your-shit-tgoether department means that she’s likely to suffer from “I’ve got a free credit but no way to get in”.

8 Likes

She supermodernisms herself, you might say.

4 Likes

Just to clarify the number of turns before MaxX decks out with a 45 card deck:

Start of game
Grip: 5 cards
Stack: 40 cards

Assuming no additional drawing, the ability is effective for 13 turns.
Draw-to-Trash ratio is 1:2.

Assuming average one card drawn every turn (whether by clicking for a card, Steelskin or any other means), the ability is effective for 10 turns.
Draw-to-Trash ratio is 1:1.

So if my numbers are right and if you’re drawing semi-actively on top of your ability, the draw-to-trash ratio is rather manageable in a short game. So a MaxX build really needs to hit hard and fast.

1 Like

I’m pretty much certain that half of the games, you will just fight your own deck and make damage control on your random mill. It’s indeed nice to use SoT / Deja Vu / Clone chip as your tutor for your breaker/tricks but if half of your econ is randomly trashed, it’s just gonna be inefficient as hell to click for creds. The same way, if you got a third of your recursion and a third of your econ milled by mid-game, sure you will have your breaker and your tricks in hand but if there’s no way to play it more than once or need to clicks for creds, I don’t think it will be that consistent at all.
What you’re talking right here is best case situation. But we both know that it won’t happen like that in a long serie of games. There will be some games where you won’t do shit except battling against your own deck because you will mill exactly what you wanted at the turn X and no way to fetch it from archive. And it will happen more often than not.

2 Likes

As long as X < 10, there’s no difference between that thing you wanted being trashed and that thing you wanted being on the bottom of the deck: it’s still inaccessible to you. With no in-faction tutoring, that thing being on the bottom of your deck is way worse than it being trashed.

(In fact, before X < 10, her ability could read ‘swap 2 cards from the top of your deck to the bottom of your deck’ instead of ‘trash 2 cards’. Without tutoring or recursion, there is no difference.)

And once you add recursion cards, suddenly stuff getting trashed is just more options for those cards. The only part you need to fight is trashing all your cards (or all copies of absolutely critical pieces) - both of which are essentially answering: “What do I do when I run out of cards?”. I’m not sure what the answer is there, but it might just be as easy as Levy + SoT.

8 Likes

Most interesting runner since nasir.
I love it.
I dont think levy fits in here, what you want is run fast, hit hard, win early i think.

Ill test her and give you feedback.
Try her with lots of money events, some cheap draw events, eater and david as breakers, keyhole, vamp, and some test run / same old / deja vu as consistency backup.
I think especially testrun is a very strong card for this tactic.

Test run places the card on top of your stack, and then she thrashes it at the beginning of your turn. Its a nonbo as far as I know.

3 Likes

Yup, you are right.i had in mind she first draws then discards.

So, there seemed to be some confusion at the top. Is MaxX definitely a confirmed spoiler? Can I actually start planning MaxX decks? Please don’t reply if you don’t really know.

this has been expressed by a lot of people on this thread, and @Dragar 's respone was spot on; until you draw out your deck, MaxX’s ability is generally superior to “draw 1 free card every turn.” Because anarchs have no in-faction tutor, but plenty of in-faction recursion, until your deck is empty it is better for cards to be in the trash than at the bottom of your deck.

I think MaxX will shine with simple but powerful combos that can be set up very quickly and win just as quickly. Right now I’m thinking Eater/Silverware/Keyhole and then all econ. If you could have eater and keyhole set up on, let’s say, turn 2, and a deck just choked with econ and easy ICE destruction, 10-12 turns seems like an eternity to trash 7 points (and score it somehow, I suppose… deja vu+ hades shard maybe?) Hard to make a list right now w/o all of O&C to look at, but I think the possibilities are definitely there to make MaxX a powerhouse.

6 Likes