The Stealth Answer (continuation of "The Killer Problem)

You’re still the Professor:

• D4v1d that shit
  • Imp that shit
  • Keyhole that shit
  • Parasite that shit
  • Femme that shit
  • (if you’re one rich bastard) Atman that shit

edit: and oh yeah, in my particular build: Personal Touch + Datasucker that shit

sorry just woke up. that indeed makes all the difference

2 Likes

Agree. I haven’t found an answer for this deck, other than power shutdown, power overload, caprice / FA. Deck breaks for so cheap from recurring credits that ice is just about pointless.

I’d say that power shutdown can be best against this deck as far as crippling it. Caprice is good against everything.Fast Advance is good against everything except someone who can get the Account Siphon recursion going early.

Andromeda with Stealth is probably slightly worse off than traditional Andy with anarch breakers against FA, but only slightly. I’d say this is the strongest argument I have for auto-include of 3x Special order; that is one card I couldn’t justify cutting.

Has anyone tried Dinosaurus + Swithblade? (Dinonlade? Switchsaurus?) passing a tsurugi/komainu for 1 stealth credit sounds really good.

I’ve thought about it and previously my problem with Dino decks was finding Dino. It should be possible with trade-in to find those silencers/dinos that need earlier in the game.

My problem right now is that this deck is likely very slow:

Stealth Kate

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core Set)

Event (16)

Hardware (14)

Resource (5)

Icebreaker (4)

Program (6)

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

// Also, Considering -1 lockpick/+1 zu. Would give the option of a memory-less breaker in case pressure comes in too hard on stealth credits. Would also then turn remaining lockpicks into potential trade-in targets since refractor wouldn’t be necessary.

Is 3x Silencer actually worth 9 influence? Seems like you could swap 'em out for 3x Ghost Runners and have that work often enough. After all, you’ve already got lockpicks, which would enable you to reserve all your cloak credits for switchblade, with Ghost Runner picking up the slack.

1 Like

Honestly don’t know, but I think you want to have at least 2x of them just to have creds available for the switch blade and to have redundancy against power-shutdown decks. Sometimes you have to move through a server with 2 archers and even with dino, you’re going to need 4 creds to do that.

Ghost runner is a card I constantly forget to put in my stealth decks; so it does belong, not sure what you lose for it though. And if 3 more inf was available, I’m not sure what you’d want in the deck, maybe another legwork and a data sucker/clot when that comes out to give you a chance against FA?

1 Like

After some pretty extensive playtesting last night, mostly against RP, this is the list another player and I ended up refining.

Stealth Andy

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity’s Shadow)

Event (16)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
2x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
3x Quality Time (Humanity’s Shadow) •••
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (10)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
1x Feedback Filter (Creation and Control) •
3x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x Silencer (Double Time)

Resource (10)
3x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
3x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
3x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
1x Utopia Shard (All That Remains) •

Icebreaker (6)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Refractor (First Contact) ••
1x Switchblade (Up and Over)

Program (3)
3x Cloak (Creation and Control) ••••• •

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to All That Remains

The Quality Times felt necessary after a few games. We both had similar decks and were consistently digging much deeper than we wanted to trying to find sufficient Stealth credits and Breakers. It also helped in a PE matchup to find Feedback Filter as soon as possible.

Blue Sun was pretty tough with this deck just because Barriers are the most taxing Ice for it to deal with. Cloaks help a bit but it slowed me down a lot.

The lack of R&D Multi-Access stings a bit too. If PE were less common in my meta I’d drop Utopia and FF for at least one Interface. As it stands now, I might drop Utopia and 1 QT for 1 Interface and Express Delivery, but that card wasn’t as helpful as I’d hope it would be.

We discussed using Earthrise Hotel instead of QT but decided we needed QT for when we needed speed, and Hotel didn’t provide that. It’s probably better in the RP match-up but worse in the NEH. Either way, I like the deck. It performed better against RP than anything else I’ve played, even if it wasn’t an amazing win-rate, and it holds its own against other decks for now. The biggest concern for me is Architects in NEH over a central (which is why I kept the Faeries), because you need three cards to reliably handle them over time.

In my experience, RP only has a chance if they score out quickly. If they try and bide their time they lose because they’re relying on tax that doesn’t effect this deck. If they score out super early behind binary ICE they have a great chance to win, but they have to know what you are doing and assume you aren’t running Inside Job.

Data Sucker is better than cloak for like a billion reasons. The biggest thing is that you can use the datasuckers to deal with big barriers when your opponent doesn’t play their sentries, or you have limited sentries to deal with. Cloak is always 1 credit and takes an additional influence per. I stand by my original suggestion to drop refracter. I don’t know what’s better but the setup, memory and influence all make something different a better choice.

2 Likes

RP can handle stealth if they get IT going extremely earlier; if they’re really good at caprice psi games; or if they aren’t as reliant on sentries as most modern builds are. (Wall of Thorns & Tollbooth can go a long way to still taxing your opponent).

Also, Grail Ice can buy the time to rush while stealth tries to get set up for stealth and breaking other things.

Non-Standard RP can handle stealth, basically. But it’s probably weaker against the field in general.

IT Dept is a silly card. Hopefully people just randomly stop playing with it because it’s annoying as hell.
You can’t be good at caprice games, to my knowledge. You can be lucky? Caprice is just good.

Psi games are not 100% random, not even effectively, since they rely on game state and players. You can be “good at psi games” because some level of skill/predicative ability is involved.

5 Likes

Psi games are not 100% random, not even effectively

I can attest to this because I suck at them :smile: , like seriously bad. I have considered just rolling a die for now on.

You should try this card called datasucker, it’s really good secret underground tech that does the same thing.

4 Likes

Yeah, but datasucker costs MU, which is a problem since when I’m using stealth I already have to use Cloaks. So, yeah, datasucker is better than Dinosaurus, but how to solve the MU problem?

1 Like

I think the idea is to use Datasucker instead of Cloak.

I’ve actually used personal touch in this capacity for Komainu (Errand boy and Shadow are the other two that this really matters for). Datasucker seems odd, given both the MU issue and the influence cost.

Also, is Datasucker really better than another stealth credit? That’s what makes no sense to me.

Yes: memory is not an issue if you don’t run cloak, it hits other breakers, and it allows you to build up to get through multiple sentry servers. Being flexible is also a plus, because sometimes you need to break tsurugi and architect instead of komainu.

You are presuming the servers are vulnerable enough for you to collect multiple Datasucker tokens. A Cloak gives +7 strength on Switchblade and +3 strength for Refractor. A single sentry strength 3 or more on each server will lock you out once the Corp purges. If we’re talking about stealth breakers as is the case here, I believe Cloak works better than Datasucker.