The Stealth Answer (continuation of "The Killer Problem)

I’ve been playing my version with the data suckers since inception, and I have not had a problem even against stacked sentries. You can find holes with ghost runner or with faerie to regain data suckers and resume business as usual.

This is literally the same argument as the people who said “put 4 strength codegates on all centrals and purge”, and yet, yog was still very much a thing for the last 3 years. criminal has a laundry list of ways to get through that, and in this particular case “ghost runner” and “second silencer” are also both fine answers. You also get 3 extra influence, which can be used to get more tricks or ways in if need be (AI breakers are decent).

6 Likes

I’d say the biggest thing is that cloak costs 2 influence and a memory for each one. In criminal you have no way to search for it and no real boosts to memory to accommodate running multiples or any additional programs.

Maybe you’re thinking that Refractor is a must, but that’s where we disagree. I think the only stealth card worth playing in current state (in criminal, at least) is switchblade. Relying on 2 stealth pieces for your rig may be worth doing against the glacier decks, but you are going to be missing 1 part of the stealth “combo” and Fast Advance decks are going to crap all over you. My last victory was using HB FA and my 3rd round opponent was running stealth; the game couldn’t have lasted more than 10 minutes as I started scoring turn 3 and scored points every turn after.

2 Likes

Biggest concern is not having the first silencer. Doubling recurring credit resources is probably worth six influence.

Has anyone tested stealth in CT seems to me she would be a good fit with the 40 deck size and extra memory as well as quickdraw, cloaks,refractor and rd pressure in faction.

I think the lack of dirty laundry is a problem. You only have sure gamble as a first-turn economy card, so you’re often going to be starting with not enough money, which will really slow you down. Yes, you have three kati - but you don’t want to install one turn one and click it usually. Also, why do you need 3x plascrete? I’d drop 1-2 of them and definitely put dirty laundry in.

1 Like

I don’t think I can like this point enough because it is a classic mistake I find myself making. Its so easy to stuff your deck full of synergy and then at the end of it you give it a test run and you suddenly realize “oh shit, I can’t get these cards in play”

1 Like

On the Cloak versus Datasuckers debate:

Stealth Andy

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity’s Shadow)

Event (15)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Express Delivery (Honor and Profit)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (11)
3x Desperado (Core Set)
1x Feedback Filter (Creation and Control)[color=#32CD32] •
1x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
1x Q-Coherence Chip (Honor and Profit)
2x R&D Interface (Future Proof)[color=#32CD32] ••••
3x Silencer (Double Time)

Resource (8)
2x Ghost Runner (The Spaces Between)
2x John Masanori (Opening Moves)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)

Icebreaker (7)
1x Breach (Honor and Profit)
1x Corroder (Core Set)[color=#FF4500] ••
2x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)
1x Refractor (First Contact)[color=#32CD32] ••
1x Switchblade (Up and Over)

Program (4)
2x Cloak (Creation and Control)[color=#32CD32] ••••
2x Datasucker (Core Set)[color=#FF4500] ••

Once you get your Switchblade out you can drop Q-Coherence when needed for Switchblade, Refractor, Corroder, Datasucker, Cloak, Cloak/Datasucker/Aux program. If for some reason a program gets trashed, you get to pick which is less useful at that stage of the game, cloak or datasucker. This is assuming that QCC doesn’t get trashed from hand discards?

Also, I might need 3 security testing to get it running quickly.

Single Lotus Field on a server that matters, cry me a river.

Faerie & Q-coherence? o_O

Let me know how that goes…

10 Likes

You would drop QCC only when memory is full after Switchblade is on the table.

I have played maybe 10 games with a 2x cloak / datasucker list (no QQC) and most of the time cloak + datasucker seemed plenty.

EDIT:

The recently spoiled card Q-Coherence Chip reads “Trash Q-Coherence Chip when a program is trashed.” Does that apply to programs trashed from the Runner’s grip (due to damage and/or discarding) or only to programs trashed from in play?

Lukas’s response:
Thanks for the question. Yes, that does apply to programs that are trashed while they are not installed. Hope that helps,

Lukas Litzsinger

Nevermind, Q-Coherence is worse than I thought. It trashes off of discards? Good lord.

Back to the drawing board – I think I’ll try the Yog / Personal touch approach and see how that feels.

It trashes off of damage, but not if you discard due to hand size.

1 Like

It trashes off of damage, but not if you discard due to hand size.

Thanks for that, I didn’t misunderstand it after all. There is a distinction between discarding and things being trashed by a game effect, correct?

femme, inside job, passport, rex, atman at 4, siphon to 0, shutdown.

and those are only answers I currently have in my deck, criminal can do more, getting around ice is not hard.

Do you have a quote for that

The ANCUR wiki is awesome:

Neither of which address the question at hand.
to me if you overdraw and discard a program q gets trashed.

H said not so. Wonder if there is ruling?

@Chris_Pedersen

It may not be an official ruling but I see several posts referencing this rule:

Oh, a criminal stealth deck with Femme, Passport, Rex and Atman? Please show.