Titan Transnational

Oh, it’s easy to calculate how many credits a runner needs.

IT’s whatever it is to actually get in that server, plus one for each face down card.
Add a few more credits to take into account Ash or (if you ever see it for some reason) Red Herrings.

One other issue I’ve found is that there just aren’t enough interesting upgrades yet for Weyland, that can be used this way. Half of the ones that are interesting are Regions, so you’re limited at one-of anyway.

Only one Yale? I think you’re underestimating how good he is in Titan.

Many of Titan’s agendas can be installed with intent to never-advance. Is he an Atlas, or money? Hard to say. At worst, if he’s in a naked remote, he gives you a credit for a click and a card. But if he’s in your scoring server, well, rez him, drain Firmware, and trash him for extra cash. Then SEA-Scorch away.

If they don’t take the bait, you still get the money, but he’s a Never-Advance Trap, too, if you’re running glacier.

3 Likes

Yeah, I felt like a good way to run this deck might be a similar way to From Jinteki with Love, where you build a remote and just keep pushing agendas through it. With that deck, the remote is usually porous as hell, but they’ll die if they can’t pay (or if it’s actually a trap). It seems like the type of deck would work fantastically with Gargarin.

This is definitely true, but until then I think the strongest play out of Titan is probably the Constellation Atlastrain (ToL-powered); you can always hard-score or double-ToL (thanks, recursion!) a 4/2 (probably Glenn Station + NAPD) :). I’d definitely go 1 or 2 Yales in such a build.

The extra two influence seem like they’re going to be worth exploring in a post-Clot meta.

1 Like

My first draft, can’t wait to try it out in person after O&C arrives here in Belgium…

Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (11)
3x Geothermal Fracking (Opening Moves)
2x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)
3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)[color=#FF8C00] •••[/color]

Upgrade (2)
2x Will-o’-the-Wisp (The Spaces Between)

Operation (16)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set)[color=#8A2BE2] ••[/color]
3x Beanstalk Royalties (Core Set)
1x Biotic Labor (Core Set)[color=#8A2BE2] ••••[/color]
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Housekeeping (Order and Chaos)
1x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof)[color=#FF8C00] ••••[/color]
2x Power Shutdown (Mala Tempora)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set)

Barrier (6)
1x Changeling (Up and Over)
2x Hive (Double Time)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (5)
2x Checkpoint (Order and Chaos)
3x Enigma (Core Set)

Sentry (6)
3x Archer (Core Set)
2x Data Raven (Core Set)[color=#FF8C00] ••••[/color]
1x Taurus i[/i]

17 influence spent (max 17)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Beanstalk instead of Restructure because my main econ should come from agendas. The Beanstalk helps with recovering from low cred situations which I always encounter when not playing GRNDL.

No constellation Ice, because I hate tempo losses in Supermodernism. I might be wrong about this but idk. I’m fairly excited about Checkpoint, mainly as a way to desincentivize (is this a word?) accessing stuff in a remote. If they do access however, I can follow up with a Midseasons Scorch or something. That’s the idea anyway.

Will-o-the-wisp, Power Shutdown, Archer and Accounting (sorry, Housekeeping) are there as the destroy-breaker package. 3 Archers might be too many because I only run Hostiles, but I’d like to see them early.

All comments towards improving this pure theorycrafted build are welcome.

I’ve started testing a Titan deck, and I’m liking it so far. Not sure I’ve “unlocked its potential” after just the first day, but my impression so far has been to play it more like supermodernism (or I guess we’re calling it hypermodernism now?), while my initial build more resembled a blue sun (obviously very different, but both relied heavily on atlas tokens to provide extreme pressure from multiple vectors, so I thought they might be more similar). Mark Yale is very much like a TT version of blue sun’s oversight AI, except better IMO because you have more agendas than BS has curtain walls. Right now my deck sets up taxing centrals, but tries to keep its hand size low and its money up so you can draw through R&D lock and start scoring agendas. I’ve used Atlas counters for Beanstalks way more than I ever thought I would, just to keep the pressure on high and the wheels in motion. Housekeeping would be amazing but so far I normally have to give up an agenda or two before I’m ready to go, making it unlikely that I can keep a current up reliably.

This is what my rough draft looks like right now:
Agenda Agenda (12)
3x Firmware Updates
3x Geothermal Fracking
3x NAPD Contract
3x Project Atlas

Asset Asset (6)
3x Jackson Howard •••
3x Mark Yale

Operation Operation (11)
3x Beanstalk Royalties
3x Hedge Fund
1x Midseason Replacements ••••
3x Scorched Earth
1x SEA Source ••

Barrier Barrier (9)
3x Eli 1.0 •••
3x Fire Wall
3x Ice Wall

Code Gate Code Gate (5)
3x Pop-up Window •••
2x Wormhole

Sentry Sentry (6)
2x Archer
1x Data Raven ••
2x Errand Boy
1x Guard

1 Like

It would be hard for me to deny Snare! deckslots in a supermodernism deck. My current build is:

Agenda (11)
3x Geothermal Fracking (Opening Moves)
2x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)

Asset (11)
3x Snare! (Core Set) ••••• •
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
2x Daily Business Show (All That Remains) ••
3x Mark Yale (Order and Chaos)

Operation (14)
1x SEA Source (Core Set) ••
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof) ••••
3x Power Shutdown (Mala Tempora)

Barrier (3)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (3)
3x Quandary (Double Time)

Sentry (4)
3x Archer (Core Set)
1x Grim (Opening Moves)

ICE (3)
3x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)

17 influence spent (maximum 17)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)

1 Like

How do you get money if they steal the first agenda?

almost every card in the deck is econ?

Hedge fund, beanstalk, and then ice I guess?

Wish I had more time to test, but after seeing the Tennin play yesterday at the Toronto SC stream yesterday, I believe Firmware Updates is key to making Titan Transnational work. One simple thing that works is that you can place up to 3 counters from Firmware Updates between the turn that you score it and your next turn. So you can simply score Firmware Updates -> pass the turn -> put token on an ice that opponent encounters -> on your following turn put another token -> then Trick of Light and score another agenda. It’s simple, but by having not to spend clicks to put tokens on the board, you gain a massive speed advantage. Then you still have another 2 counters for another Trick of Light if you have it or if you just scored an Atlas that will let you search for it. This also has synergy with the advanceable ice that changes type with counters because you can do it after they start running.

I’m not fully convinced of Mark Yale yet because as usual, assets are a pain to protect and is hardly guaranteed to be there when you need it… but at the same time the above happens, if you had Mark Yale, you could have the option to cash out the tokens instead for up to twelve credits for a flatline kill. So that allows you to threaten agenda score and a flatline which is classic supermodernism after all. However if Mark Yale isn’t on board, then it doesn’t exactly work because you still have to spend a click to install it. Definitely need more testing and I can see a more FA-focused version being a possibility as well with more constellation ice and less flatline threats because you can live with smaller amount of credits.

On the other hand scoring a 3/1 isn’t exactly guaranteed, and with 3x Trick of Light and the mandatory 3x Jackson Howard… that leaves you with 5 influence which isn’t much to play with considering you also need some of them for a SEA Source or Midseasons. The agenda mix is also quite tricky and I’m not sure if NAPD contract is the right fit to play a 4-agenda win with 2-2-2-1 or 3 point agendas are worth exploring. So far, I definitely don’t like the idea of using Constellation Protocol and Satellite Grid here because they seem unreliable and slow.

3 Likes

I’m still on the fence about trick of lights. Since you really can’t get away with not playing 4/2s, and can’t use an atlas to get both more atlases AND a TOL without 2 counters I still find myself wanting to build a traditional scoring server. i guess if we’re to believe clot is coming down the pipe, there is little benefit in charting the FA waters unless you wanna play a ghetto astrobiotics with green cards.

The benefit of mark Yale is that he can grab any and all tokens you’ve built up, depending on which/how many agendas you have, it could be quite a lot. If you didn’t want to protect him you still can get that influx of cash and then make the run spend a click running him. I thint I would at least play 1 and executive boot camps if I wasn’t planning to use him more than once (personally I loathe using geothermal counters and would much prefer to take the free 9 than 14 for 2 clicks and 2 bp).

1 Like

Without 6 3/2s you definitely can’t get a train but the threat of scoring agendas out quickly is still a useful one. ToL’s benefit is that you can also score a 4/2 in one turn though so it’s also flexible in that way and maybe enabling unadvanced 5/3 agenda scores. Of course the problem with that is that you can only use ToL so many times. I don’t really agree with the idea of not exploring decks because of upcoming cards as you never know what the meta is really going to be like, plus it’s not like there’s a lot of corp decks that needs to be tested with O&C anyway.

I did think about it and it felt EBC as a Mark Yale and Jackson fetch doesn’t seem to be worth the deck space to me. But maybe it has some worthwhile synergy with constellation ice before the ToL, not sure. I’m sure Mark Yale is good, but it’s usefulness is also inversely proportional to how much are you actually planning to use the agenda counters. If my whole deck plan is to utilize Firmware Update counters on ice, then putting in Mark Yale for 1c gain per counter and Geothermal Fracking counters doesn’t seem as enticing.

I was being hyperbolic about clot. I totally agree with you about doing/not doing something based on unreleased cards. That being said, I don’t think FA the strongest out of Weyland, compounded by a game changer for the world of FA makes me less likely to explore that route knowing the deck won’t be in fighting shape before it’s swan song.

As for mark Yale, the fact of the matter is that there aren’t 20 points fo good agendas with natural agenda counters, so at the very least, mark can use the counters on agendas 5 hat have no innate way of spending them.

Sure there will be decks that want to actually use their firmwares, but, being able to simply gain 12 off a 3/1 score is plenty worthwhile. It makes hostiles that much better, and helps lessen your dependence on BP from hostile and geothermal.

2 Likes

Yeah, without 6 3/2 agendas, Weyland FA will never compare to HB or NBN FA. I’d still try it as Weyland agendas are decent when scored but I’d probably guess that ToL recursion issues will probably make it pretty meh.

Depends whether you use 5/3s I guess. The 5/3 counters like High-Risk Investment and Executive Retreat are pretty good to just use. I’m also not sure about Hostile Takeover and Firmware Updates in the same deck. Hostile Takeover seems too good to not use. Yeah, so I’m still trying to figure out what’s a good agenda mix.

1 Like

I worry that using executive retreat would constantly shuffle your kill tools back into the deck, though the double mulligan does entice me

Exec Retreat would only reshuffle once when scored, then you’d have 2 tokens to spend to draw 5 each.That’s kind of exciting, but I think the money from High Risk is better.

2 Likes

So Allen and I played this a few times, testing out my Titan deck I made. This deck was semi-based on a deck called Gods Among Us. I made some changes to it, deciding on a few things, namely I didn’t want to make remotes. This deck uses ToL solely for FA and I did ok. I won one game handily and and lost another pretty badly. My main issues stemmed from econ being an issue, to Knight being a pretty hard counter to my ICE. After Allen left Scott and I milled over what we could do to change and this is what we came up with:

Tennitus

Agenda (9)
1x Eden Fragment (The Spaces Between)
1x Government Takeover (Order and Chaos)
1x NAPD Contract (Double Time)

Asset (2)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ••

Upgrade (1)
1x Satellite Grid (Order and Chaos)

Operation (20)
1x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••
1x Blue Level Clearance (Fear and Loathing) ••
2x Commercialization (Cyber Exodus)
2x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Patch (Order and Chaos)
3x Shipment from Kaguya (Core Set)
3x Trick of Light (Trace Amount) ••••• ••••

Barrier (6)
2x Asteroid Belt (Order and Chaos)
1x Fire Wall (Order and Chaos)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (4)
2x Quandary (Double Time)
2x Wormhole (Order and Chaos)

Sentry (7)
1x Archer (Core Set)
2x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
3x Errand Boy (The Source)
1x Nebula (Order and Chaos)

17 influence spent (max 17)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

In my opinion from testing: this deck works best played Tenin style, which Scott and I jokingly dubbed Tinnitus, with no remotes. You’ll want to focus on icing up your centrals and playing shipments to get your constellation ice to be rezzed for free or 3 credits. Bio and Fast track will get your Atlas chain going. Patch is used to get over Knight range.

What didn’t work: Scoring anything other than Hostiles and Atlases, the agendas in there are more or less blank but if an atlas gets stolen you can bio/trick out something else. Mark Vale felt like a waste of time. More than one Archer was wasted. Firmware Upgrades was something I didn’t want to waste a ToL on. It really reminds me of when I used to play TWIY before the introduction of NEH. You want to play and score with this fast as possible.