Titan Transnational

Mark Yale may be my favorite Corp card in the big box. Got 28 credits (and no bad pub!) in one game off of two scored Firmware Upgrades and two Mark Yales tonight; puts Fracking and Hostile Takeover to shame.

3 Likes

He’s definitely a little combo-y, but as long as every scored agenda is minimum 3 credits, I can’t see myself running less than 2 (until there are 20 points of good weyland agendas with good agenda c o unter uses)

I’m going to test Commercialization first and if I find it to be mostly useless I’ll reconsider Vale.

More details on my above comment.

I’m playing a Supermodernism styled version at the moment. I set up early with a two-deep remote and Chimera on the bottom that the Runner couldn’t get through and scored Firmware Upgrades. Next turn, first click I plopped Yale into the remote, rezzed him, used up all the Firmware Upgrades counters, trashed him - net gain: 13 credits. Second click installed Atlas, third click advanced once. Scored Atlas w/two advancement counters on the next turn. I mandatory drew a second Yale, so I spent an Atlas counter to pull another Firmware and did it all again.

I was thoroughly impressed. And then I lost because I thought I had the game with a double Scorch and hit I’ve Had Worse on the first Scorched Earth. Doh.

4 Likes

I just played a Titan with space ice and remotes tonight, and I can tell you pretty conclusively that that’s not the way to do it. Every game I wished I was playing Blue Sun instead. Oversight AI shenanigans are so much better than Mark Yale + Firmware Updates. There are a lot of reasons for that, but mainly, it’s awkward that you need to be set up enough to score a 3/1 before you can get the money, and the pieces of the OAI combo are much better on their own.

Other than Mark Yale combos, what does the Titan ability even do for you? I guess you get extra Atlas counters? Which I couldn’t Scorch the runner with, because I was broke, constantly. In Blue Sun, my ability lets me recover money for big econ operations or kill combos, makes me largely impervious to Parasite, lets me recoup my costs on ice that’s no longer useful, lets me do shenanigans with Adonis and Lizzie, and more. I’ll take all that over 2 influence any day.

The only way I could see Titan+space working is all-centrals FA, like with Polish Nationals Tennin, because with space ice you just don’t have the clicks to protect more than 2.5 servers. The good news is, you probably have a good matchup vs. Criminals running the standard cheap breaker suite. On the other hand, you’ll get rocked by a bunch of other things: big rig decks (e.g., the currently popular MaxX/Femme/RetRun, or CT/Opus), any Shapers with D4v1d and recursion, probably even stealth decks. Still, it could be a fun way to shake up the meta, at least until Clot drops! Andromeda could use some bad matchups.

I won’t comment on non-space old-school Supermodernism builds, other than that I’m broadly skeptical.

yeah, I’ve had worse is certainly a concern, and you probably have to presume anarchs have it at all times, but I think 2 INF is a tall order that few people are going to use importing for scorch defense.

You just need one brain damage to beat one I’ve Had Worse with scorch. Setting up the tag is still more of a problem though. If IHW is really pervasive, Snoop seems like the next best thing.

I was thinking with ToL play, you could potentially setup interesting scenarios with install, advance once.

Cerebral Overwriter advanced once to do one brain damage for 1x IHW negation
Posted Bounty advanced once for ToL next turn and 2x Scorch
4/2 agenda advanced once to score normally next turn
5/3 agenda advanced once to 1x ToL next turn
One more project atlas counter

… which doesn’t exactly discourage the runner to run the remote. Too bad high-risk investment requires a click to activate.

I’m not sure Titan + Space ICE is the best way to go. I think the way is like Calimsha said. Supermodernism with 2 extra influence. Mark Yale can easily be better than Beanstalk royalties for core Weyland. Hostile Takeover netting 10 credits. Fracking with 3 counters? Netting 24 credits with Yale on the table. Yes please. If the runner runs to thrash yeale, sack him up for 2 credits!

4 Likes

If there are, he still gives you a credit when you use them.

1 Like

agreed, but he is probably much more akin to regular drip economy at that point, and then playing 3x for a unique pad campaign is a tougher pill to swallow

1 Like

This is a list I’m experimenting with. It plays a bit slow, like a glacier. Mainly I just want to get a lot of play with Wormhole and Orion to see how much I like them. Beyond that the ice suite’s main goal is to turn those two pieces of ice into scoring-window-opening monsters. Especially Architect and Markus are fun here. The swordsman is just pure Eater hate until that cools down (although parasite is an issue, but at least I can recur with Architect sometimes).

Can’t Escape The Architect

Titan Transnational: Investing In Your Future (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (11)

Asset (8)

Upgrade (4)

Operation (6)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (7)

Multi (3)

• 3x Orion (Order and Chaos)

17 influence spent (max 17)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

The three-of Orion seems like overkill for a unique ice. The other two copies are useless if you draw them at the same time. They’re only really good if you’re almost certain one is going to get trashed at some point in the future, and you want a backup.

2 Likes

So the other night I played @moistloaf, who was playing Supermodernism out of this ID. I smartened up after hitting the first Snare, but I had a slow econ start and he was able to use Mark Yale to turn his agenda tokens into enough money to SEA/Scorch/Scorch me.

That seems pretty strong to me, and I’d like to do some testing with it. I’m getting tired of going to time in 55 minute tournament rounds – my league is 55 minutes, as was the Store Champ I played in yesterday. I’m hoping next weekend’s SC will have 55 minute rounds, but frankly I’m bringing Astrobiotics as a backup deck and playing it instead of Blue Sun glacier if they announce 55 minute rounds.

In the nearish future, though, I’d like to play a faster deck that isn’t Astrobiotics, so I have at least two fast decks in my stable that I can alternate for an extra point each week in my league (I also run NEH DRT, which is a good time, but needs testing against Eater/Keyhole/Wanton decks). I love murder, so having Scorch in faction is a perk, and having Crisium Grid in faction is also a perk right now since as @bblum noted in the MaxX thread it is absolutely Crisium o’clock around here. I even saw Eater/Keyhole out of Andromeda in the top 4 at the SC yesterday.

However, I’m having a lot of trouble with agenda and ice selection (so, basically, with building the deck). Here’s what I have right now:

Titanmodernism? Supertitanism? Titan Rush Deck v0.1

Agenda (10)
3x Geothermal Fracking (Opening Moves)
2x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)
2x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (11)
1x Elizabeth Mills (Second Thoughts)
2x Executive Boot Camp (All That Remains)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
2x Mark Yale (Order and Chaos)
3x Snare! (Core Set) ••••• •

Upgrade (2)
2x Crisium Grid (First Contact)

Operation (9)
1x Biotic Labor (Core Set) ••••
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
2x SEA Source (Core Set) ••••

Barrier (5)
2x Hive (Double Time)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (4)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Quandary (Double Time)

Sentry (6)
2x Archer (Core Set)
2x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
2x Errand Boy (The Source)

Other (2)
2x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)

49 cards (min 45)

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

A few things about your build seem blasphemous in the church of Supermodernism. The Boot Camps and 1-of Lizzy is interesting. I guess Blackmail is a thing and it’s good not to insta lose to it.

Only 2 Hostiles, and Jackson instead of anonymous tip are also interesting deviations (I’m for the Jacksons, but according to hboo, it’s because I’m a pussy).

I like the safety valves, and I like how Errand Boy can speed up the game. Only thing, lately, I’ve been playing bblum’s list, and I have been very grateful for the Lotus Fields and Wraparounds in it. A little extra anarch hate goes a long way right now.

There’s another minor detail: zero Scorched Earths. Whoops. I’ll go back to the drawing board and consider your thoughts on how to use that last 4 inf (currently Biotic Labor).

4 Likes

Okay, I think I’m going to test something along these lines:

Titanmodernism

Agenda (11)
3x Geothermal Fracking (Opening Moves)
1x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)
3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
1x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (8)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
2x Mark Yale (Order and Chaos)
3x Snare! (Core Set) ••••• •

Upgrade (2)
2x Crisium Grid (First Contact)

Operation (10)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
2x SEA Source (Core Set) ••••

Barrier (5)
3x Ice Wall (Core Set)
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing) ••

Code Gate (5)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Lotus Field (Upstalk) ••
1x Quandary (Double Time)

Sentry (6)
3x Archer (Core Set)
3x Errand Boy (The Source)

Other (2)
2x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)

49 cards (min 45)

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

I’ll report back, although I may not get to test it out until Thursday. I’ve found the Errand Boy / Jackson Howard synergy very strong in Blue Sun, so I want to try it out here before reverting to Anonymous Tip and Caduceus.

Will 'o the Wisp over Crisium is another consideration, and I may actually test it that way first.

1 Like

Oh yeah, absolutely. Will be knocked down to 2 in a week or so. I just want to make sure I draw it while testing its efficacy and timing. Probably will just bump Enigma up one.

I’m 3-0 with Calimsha’s list so far. 1 flatline win versus you, 1 agenda win to @mendax and another agenda win to a guy in OCTGN running Kit, actually a pretty tough match-up. going to keep testing Calim’s list, I’m liking how ballsy it is. I played versus kit with HQ wide open all game, at one point he was on 2 points and I had 5 in hand but he kept opting for RND lock instead.

Calimsha Titanism

Agenda (12)

Asset (6)

Operation (15)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (5)

Other (2)

49 cards (min 45)

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

actually I think that flatline Titan win was with @mendax list

I’m definitely interested in testing both approaches to figure out which one is more effective / suits me better.

My general apprehension with FA, clot and/or any other FA hate not withstanding, is finding a way to use your FA pieces in a meaningful way. Elaborate set-ups just to barely eek out a 3/2 is just a ghetto green astrobiotics, and not the direction I would take the deck.

I worry that SSCG is too rigid, as you don’t particularly want to run 3/1s, and it doesn’t work as well with Project Atlas as a Biotic Labor or Trick of Light. I also think that ToL and biotic are, at best, good for scoring 4/2s, as trying to get to 7 points using 2+ of your FA tools could be an issue. That leaves Psychographics.

Psychographics, unlocks using FA on 4/2s as well as potentially 5/3s, but mean probably getting out an initial Atlas to threaten the Midseason with. 13/17 influence for midseason+3x psychographics, with the option for a second midseasons if you eschew JHow (alternatively, a biotic labor is always nice for sneaky scorch plays or getting that first atlas out of hand. Tags threaten scorch death, and instal+psycho(score) even enables aggressive negotiations, though using fast tracks might be safer and more universally pliable. With all this search, it screams Hades Shard and/or some DBS to me. High risk Investment+Psycho+get all your money back seems pretty strong (with a second token to tap at the start of your next psycho).

2x high risk investment
3x project atlas
2x hostile takever
2x napd contracts

To me, this is screams a Weyland themed FA for a couple of reasons: it enables the super-duper mega Atlas, not as game winning as a 13-advanced Beale, but it turns on a bazillion options and paths to victory, while still fueling a leaner Atlas train while that is available. Being able to FA out a 5/3 AND turn a profit? Yes please. You can play your hostiles early, and your NAPDs are still online even with a stack of BP, even if its at a premium, the runner can’t ignore that you could potentially still score them.

You need to have a way to score agenads without Midseason, which forks into two questions: traditional scoring remote or no remotes? No remotes means Crisium Grid+Off the Grid, which does open up another potential FA tool in Mushin no Shin. A traditional remote can be used to hold a Root or other high value asset like melange mining corp. I lean towards a traditional server as you’re dependent on enough specific pieces as it is, and you’re also strapped for influence.

I might break the influence down something like:
2x psychographics *** ***
You probably don’t need it too early, and Jackson can recur them if 2 is not enough.

3x Jackson Howard ***
1x Midseason Replacements ****
2x Data Raven ** **
Lessens your dependence on Midseasons, and more useful than normal since you want 5x tags to best threaten your scores.

Does this deck fundementally need to be Titan Transnational:

hard to say, the 17 influence is certainly doing a lot of work here, as cutting down to 15 means making some pretty difficult decisions. The Second counter on High Risk Investment is clutch, and can score Atlases with 2 tags as opposed to needing 3 in other decks.

Other considerations:
Mark Yale helps for some easy money, but without geothermals and firmwares to eat, I can’t say I’d play more than 2x, though the allure of having a buch of Atlas tokens and getting a buck each time I use them is not lost on me.

ICE: this is the trickiest part. Going cheap gives you a good chance of sneaking out an agenda or 2, and once Atlas is online, you can worry about random accesses less. That being said, keeping the runner poor for Midseasons means ICE that costs a bit to get through, and having cards ways to pressure the runner into running. I figure you probably play your gear checks plus a few constellation ICE and maybe a a taurus or 2? a good sprinkling of constellation ICE gives you some favorable vectors to invest your time/credits while you’re middling around looking for your pieces.

Thoughts?

1 Like