Clot’s arrival was controversial in that I think people are still divided over whether or not it’s made FA too difficult to play. There’s cyberdex virus suite, faking traps as agendas, and combining abilities like San San City Grid with APP counters, shortening the timing window in which a runner can bring clot into play.
In contrast, I feel that Turntable is a far more elegant and damaging solution. Consider its advantages:
- There is no workaround for its ability.
- It’s protected from Power Shutdown/etc. by other cheap hardware
- It nullifies the value of not just APP counters, but also Nisei Tokens, Fragments, Mandatory Upgrades, and any other agendas with useful abilities, which every corp deck runs.
- It has the added allure of causing point swings in games.
- There is no special timing. You just play it and go.
It’s only real disadvantage is that it’s not Desperado or Grimoire. But as long as your deck doesn’t revolve around Desperado runs, I feel like its ability is too versatile to pass up. What are your guys’ thoughts? I’m kinda surprised there’s been little discussion of it, given the hullabaloo surrounding clot.