Untested/Non-competitive Decklist MegaThread

Double ice a remote, start scoring. I’d think that Shutdown can slow down Kate (nuke the SMC), but that might not be enough. Although Grail ice is pretty good at slowing down the runner.

BABW just makes burst econ better, which is nice when you’re rushing. But extra Atlas tokens is sooo nice in a grail rush deck…fetch another agenda, get shutdown, or put a Lancelot in your hand if the runner facechecks without the right breaker…

Oooops, wrong titan! Editing…

@gumOnShoe’s Monolith build made me nostalgic for Doubles Chaos, so I built a Faust deck with big hands and Game Day. The link at the bottom goes to my description of the thing.

The Faust Meister

Chaos Theory: Wünderkind (Cyber Exodus)

Event (30)

Resource (8)

Icebreaker (2)

15 influence spent (max 15)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to The Underway

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

Noodling around on a Quetzal Faust build, obviously need to make some cuts. Idea to play it like the Valencia deep dig decks where the threat of being able to get into any remote gives the time for an incubator to tick up, but the alternate aggressive game plan against FA of only needing a one card rig and fausting all your slow cards.

The Light Faustastic

Quetzal: Free Spirit (First Contact)

Event (14)
3x Déjà Vu (Core Set)
2x I’ve Had Worse (Order and Chaos)
3x Inject (Up and Over)
2x Knifed (Order and Chaos)
1x Levy AR Lab Access (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]•••[/color]
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (6)
3x Clone Chip (Creation and Control) [color=#32CD32]••••• •[/color]
3x e3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) [color=#4169E1]••••• •[/color]

Resource (15)
2x Adjusted Chronotype (The Valley)
3x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity’s Shadow)
2x Scrubber (A Study in Static)
3x Street Peddler (The Underway)
3x Wyldside (Core Set)

Icebreaker (3)
3x Faust (The Underway)

Program (11)
1x Clot (The Valley)
3x D4v1d (The Spaces Between)
2x Djinn (Core Set)
1x Incubator (The Source)
1x Medium (Core Set)
1x Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus)
2x Parasite (Core Set)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I’ve been playing Weyland Grail/Shutdown rush for a while, and the correct answer is neither of the above: it’s Blue Sun every time. It’s not obvious at first, but the virtual immunity to parasites is absolutely HUGE for a grail rush. It’s the easiest way for runners to avoid needing to build a full rig, and taking that option off the table is far more of an advantage than anything else a different ID gives you. Plus, it makes reaching restructure threshold much easier if you can pull back ice, and being able to move grails around at will is also a significant benefit.

Also, it needs Changeling. One more gear check, and a really tough one for some decks to handle when you can shutdown datasuckers with ease.

1 Like

Awesome tips! Nice to see somebody else has tried this. How has Oaktown Renovation worked for you?

Just a bit sad that the answer is, yet again, Blue Sun… :confused:

edit: Are you using OAI/Curtain Wall and Adonis? My first thought would be no to Adonis (as that’s more of a long term advantage) and maybe to OAI/Curtain…

Yeah I was really disappointed when I came to the conclusion that Blue Sun was the answer! I wanted it to work out of Titan so much, but parasite just kept wrecking it and Mark Yale never stuck around long enough to be much use anyway.

Oaktown is amazing and has really really improved the deck, it allows you to start scoring so quickly and keep on going. Having an agenda suite where every single one either pays you or finds the others is just perfect for rush.

No I’ve not bothered with any OAI stuff, it might be possible to squeeze in OAI and Curtain Wall but with no backup targets like Tollbooth/Hadrians it doesn’t feel reliable enough, and you don’t really need all that much econ. Last time I took it to a tournament (going 4-1) all the econ I had was 3 hedge, 3 restructure, 2 subliminal messaging and the agendas. I’m now trying a version with a single private contracts (because I’ve gone from 3 Blacklist to 2 Blacklist 1 EBC, so a singleton seemed worth trying as it’s tutorable) but it’s hardly central to the deck, and I don’t think the influence is there for Adonis - Blacklist is way, WAY better with Grails (and portable Grims!). You only generally have remote ice rezzed for any length of time, so you’re looking at needing to generate 10-15 creds for that, plus a few more to provide token resistance/trashing threat on centrals, and for advancing non-oaktown agendas. It’s a pretty cheap deck to run.

Edit: this is the last fully tested version, which I took to 4-1 at Quinn’s intercity tournament, only losing to an agenda flood which I would probably have recovered from if I wasn’t playing against the UK nats runner up who was also the one person in the entire tournament I’d shared the decklist with in advance!

It’s Only a Flesh Wound

Blue Sun: Powering the Future (Up and Over)

Agenda (11)
3x Geothermal Fracking (Opening Moves)
2x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (6)
3x Blacklist (Breaker Bay)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
Upgrade (2)
2x Crisium Grid (First Contact)

Operation (12)
1x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Patch (Order and Chaos)
2x Power Shutdown (Mala Tempora)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
2x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)

Barrier (6)
2x Changeling (Up and Over)
3x Galahad i[/i] 1x Hive (Double Time)

Code Gate (5)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
3x Merlin (All That Remains)

Sentry (7)
2x Archer (Core Set)
2x Grim (Opening Moves)
3x Lancelot (First Contact)

20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Chrome City

Couple of things that are different to the versions you posted above, with explanations:

Blacklist - probably the only way you’re beating Kate. The odd early trash off Grail isn’t enough to stop her, and unless you get lucky with drawing all your agendas at just the right time you’re not gonna get to 7 before she’s at least got a basic rig online and need to resort to tricky play. This makes it much easier to put her in really bad situations.
Crisium - Not so much for the Crim matchup where you’re so heavily favoured it doesn’t really matter, so much as to slow down Kate and give you time to get Blacklist set up.
Patch - deals with the smartarse shapers who think Atman 4 will solve Changeling. Also good on Enigma, Merlin or Archer to add an additional stealth credit tax - with several must break code gates/sentries you can easily build a remote that taxes out their Ghost Runners before they’ve got enough points to win.
Archer - The daddy. Only rez it when it will basically end the game, which can be any time you have a Blacklist hiding behind ETR ice (particularly sweet if it’s the Archer itself, tho ideally you’d rather have it on R&D or scoring remote). Using Grim to kill one program with Blacklist out often opens a window, but killing 2 often completely locks the runner out. Also one of the few ice that will always remain taxing for repeated runs even if you’ve taken a few BP along the way.

3 Likes

FWIW, Parasite fucked me as GRNDL in Regionals.

1 Like

I modified my deck a bit and gave it a spin yesterday - went 1-2 vs stealth Kit. I added Changeling and more Grims and dumped Chimera (antisynergy with Blue Sun).

My impression was that I had too much 5 cost ice - I’m thinking that you shouldn’t run both Changeling and Lotus Field. Given that this deck should be strong against Anarch and weak against Kate, I’ll dump Lotus Field.

Given it’s a rush deck, how about Anonymous Tip over Jackson Howard? Or Clearances?

edit: Only one Fast Track? I’ve found it to be excellent, it fits so well With 4/2s (Fast Track, install, advance).

I agree that Lotus Field probably isn’t necessary, at least in multiples, and it does probably skew you too far towards 4 strength ice, tho Patch can help there.

Jackson is pretty much mandatory because of the Power Shutdowns, you sometimes want to fire them for 2-3 and without Jackson that’s very risky. Green Level is just a bit meh, Blue Level would potentially be nice but influence is too tight with Grails, and money hasn’t really been a problem. With 9 Grail, 3 Jackson and 2 Blacklist (the minimum I’d want to run) there’s only 1 flex influence anyway. Right now I’m thinking either a single Lotus Field or my own personal favourite ‘1 spare influence’ splash in any deck - Targeted Marketing (naming Faerie/Sharpshooter/D4v1d against Crim/Shaper/Anarch respectively should do some serious work. If they don’t install one of those they’re gonna run into problems as soon as you have a Grim or Archer to hand)

Project Atlas already covers the same ground as Fast Track, I always try to score it as a 4/2 and the token inevitably gets used for another agenda. More than 1 FT seems like overkill with 3 Atlas in the deck.

Stealth Kit seems like about the worst matchup I can imagine, usually you can rely on single iced centrals until the runner has a full rig because of the threat of ever-changing Grails and Grims but that plan falls apart against her. I’ve not come across one but I think that if you can’t blast out 7 points super quick in a grail based remote you’d need to slow down, play a longer game and try to tax out the Ghost Runners with sentries on the inside of servers, using Power Shutdown to clear out Cloaks. I’ve had success with that plan Vs Stealth Andy, but with Clone Chips for protection I can see it being really rough.

My bugbear is Making News and tags, and I’ve been trying different builds for about 6 months, I think. Since before store champs, anyway. My latest attempt is a sort of glacial NBN that uses tags as a tax. Hunter is better than Pup as an early game taxer/deterrent and Gutenberg is, well, amazing. Making News makes Hunter strong if necessary and also lets us run good ICE like Caduceus and Viper, and powers Ash for cheaper. Basically, this is a deck that can defend a remote and centrals for not much cash while still taxing the runner, and because it’s NBN there’s still a powerful rush/FA component that you can turn on if your matchup seems unfavorable (this is the skill test for me right now; determining when to rush and when to build. The only game I lost last night at league games was one where I CLEARLY should have rushed early once I saw Magnum drop in a Haley deck, but I got scared and tried to build. Still almost won, but the RnD lock was painful).

Two cards I’m trialing here are License Acquisition (hey @gumOnShoe!) and Sub Boost. License Acquisition could be Breaking News and that’s a tough call, but I like how License Acquisition can turn on more inexpensive agenda scoring threats via SanSan. I can either never advance License or even astro it out if I don’t have another astro in hand in order to turn on a sansan that the runner has to deal with very soon or I’ll run away with cheap scoring.

Sub Boost is lots of fun on Hunter and Gutenberg, and in most of my games has pulled its weight. It basically makes the runner have to trash Gutenberg, which is not an easy proposition either from a Parasite standpoint or a Knifed standpoint. Anyone played a Making News glacier deck recently? Any tips?

Tracier

NBN: Making News (Core Set)

Agenda (11)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
2x License Acquisition (All That Remains)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Project Beale (Future Proof)

Asset (7)
2x Daily Business Show (All That Remains)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
2x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)

Upgrade (4)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) [color=#8A2BE2]••••[/color]
2x SanSan City Grid (Core Set)

Operation (10)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set) [color=#8A2BE2]••[/color]
1x Closed Accounts (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Psychographics (Core Set)
1x Sub Boost (Order and Chaos)
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)

Barrier (5)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) [color=#8A2BE2]•••[/color]
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (6)
2x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set)
2x Viper (Cyber Exodus) [color=#8A2BE2]••[/color]

Sentry (6)
2x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead) [color=#006400]••••[/color]
2x Gutenberg (Breaker Bay)
2x Hunter (Core Set)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Love the deck @Vapo . Been working on a Blue Sun rushy build with 2x Twins 2x Crisium 1x Off the Grid, and Grail is a sick include. Being able to pick up fired Galahads/Lancelots helps a ton and helps me spend influence. Twins is a lot of power with Archer, Curtain Wall, and Orion, and now Grail it just gets crazy.

Fast Track might become a Contract Killer in my deck, or an Interns. The High-Risk makes it less palpable. Typically I just play whatever, and oversight Archers/Curtains/Orions willy-nilly and just go for the score.

You can rez the Twins, and someone will use their d4v1d to instead end the run, and you can smirk as you bluffed them out of your server without ever having the copy of Archer.

Blue Sun: Powering the Future

Agenda (10)
2x High-Risk Investment
2x Hostile Takeover
3x Oaktown Renovation
3x Project Atlas

Asset (4)
1x Blacklist •
3x Jackson Howard •••

Upgrade (5)
2x Crisium Grid
1x Off the Grid
2x The Twins

Operation (13)
1x Archived Memories ••
1x Fast Track
3x Hedge Fund
3x Oversight AI
2x Power Shutdown
3x Restructure

Barrier (6)
3x Curtain Wall
3x Galahad •••

Code Gate (3)
3x Merlin •••

Sentry (6)
3x Archer
3x Lancelot •••

Multi (2)
2x Orion

49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Chrome City

I hadn’t thought about the Twins, that is a nice idea! I’m thinking of trying a non-grail variant with grim/archer/Marcus Batty which they’d fit into even better as they’re also searchable with Recruiting Trip…

Give them a try sometime. They are absolutely devastating with Archer and Curtain Wall, bare minimum. You can do some cool bluffs with them as well since their rez window is like Caprice. I’ve had people bounce off Curtains they could break since they didn’t like the prospect of me spending a card to force them to spend 11. And if they bounce, you keep your copy of the card! win/win. With d4v1ds running around as some decks only Archer defense barring Parasite/Sucker, you can oversight Archers to good taxation too. Datasucker tokens reset as well, so Mimic+Sucker needs at least 6 tokens to break a Twinned Archer.

1 Like

I considered the Twins, but they feel too janky for me. I might be wrong. (But I won’t try them out just now).

Two reasons that I love Fast Track: I want to score asap, and I can hold them in HQ without risking losing massive points to Legwork or random HQ accesses. Especially good in a deck that runs multiple 4/2s. Sure, Atlas does the same thing, but you need to find and score that Atlas. Multiple Fast Tracks (to get one early) helps a lot.

Should we split this to a new thread? Getting long here :stuck_out_tongue:

I suggest we call it Postmodernism: Weyland Rush in an Oaktown World

1 Like

I was gonna wait and see if it held up at another tournament before sticking a thread up about it but when I saw how similar your list was I had to get involved here :smiley: I certainly think it deserves looking at in more detail, I’ve tried to build rush + trashing Weyland decks on and off for over a year now and this is by far the strongest the archetype has ever been.

1 Like

Simple idea, take Meat is Murder, substitute out all the op economy for must trash asset economy, force a big economic swing, then kill the runner with fat traces. Gagarin is the best place for Weyland to stack up a massive remote economy, and the extra effort required to run on em means you generally stay quite well ahead in the credit race.

If they leave em alone, become silly rich and build into a multiple turn scorch fest.

Death From Above

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (6)
2x Government Contracts (A Study in Static)
1x Government Takeover (Order and Chaos)
3x High-Risk Investment (Order and Chaos)

Asset (15)
3x Capital Investors (The Valley)
1x Daily Business Show (All That Remains) [color=#FF8C00]•[/color]
2x Executive Boot Camp (All That Remains)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]
3x Melange Mining Corp. (Core Set)
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)

Operation (15)
2x Archived Memories (Core Set) [color=#8A2BE2]••••[/color]
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Paywall Implementation (The Spaces Between)
3x Punitive Counterstrike (True Colors)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set)
2x SEA Source (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]••••[/color]

Barrier (6)
1x Changeling (Up and Over)
1x Hive (Double Time)
2x Ice Wall (Core Set)
2x Meru Mati (Breaker Bay)

Code Gate (4)
1x Datapike (Creation and Control)
1x Enigma (Core Set)
1x Lotus Field i[/i] [color=#DC143C]•[/color]
1x Tollbooth (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]••[/color]

Sentry (3)
3x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)

21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

Tested it some more, beat crim but lost to the Professor(!). Shaper really is the kryptonite of this deck. Now to figure out if I can pack in more Kate Hate or if I need to play more carefully.

Have you got Blacklist in your version? It’s pretty crucial against kate to stop infinite Sharpshooter recursion and other Shaper bullshit. It’s a very complex matchup but extremely winnable if you play it carefully. You need to be aware of what’s in the trash the entire time and try to catch her with a Blacklist rez when Atman, Datasucker or Sharpshooter is in the bin. If you can manage to catch 2 of them you’ve as good as won, but 1 will often open a window. Try to keep a different ice type on R&D to the remote so that forcing an SMC use on R&D won’t help her get in the remote, and don’t bother rezzing ice on centrals if the breaker will help her get in the remote as well unless she’s misplayed and overstretched economically - you’re way better off trying to draw into a Power Shutdown to kill the SMC than forcing her to pop it for a breaker that will actually help on the one important server.

The Prof might actually be a harder matchup than Kate since you don’t know their entire breaker suite the moment they put down the ID, so you can never be sure if they’re locked out or have another answer to your remote, and the fact that their econ isn’t as good doesn’t really matter as it’ll still probably be good enough to match yours over the long term - if you can’t win at full speed (sometimes the deck does just hand you an unstoppable 8-9 turn victory) you can forget matching any runner’s economy and have to focus on having more gear checks than they have tutors and/or MU.