Untested/Non-competitive Decklist MegaThread

Try to imagine the far fetched situation where the ability of voting machine actually helps you win in this deck:
You need to have scored voting machine, but not be able to just fast advance for the win from where you are.
You need to have hard hitting news, bad times and archived memories in hand.
You need to have enough ice that hasn’t been trashed by parasite so that the runner actually cares about losing their rig.
The runner needs to have 8 credits (if they had less, HHN could land the tag on its own).
You need to have credits equal to the runner’s credits plus their link plus 8 more for the double bad times the next turn.
The runner needs to not be able to easily get back their rig with clone chip, spare copies in their hand etc. for long enough that you can score out.

I know that Shaper decks practically build themselves, but I still enjoyed creating this deck that really tries hard to abuse Collective Consciousness

Brewed this up recently and took it to a tournament. Great winrate on Jinteki.net too but that might be because it is especially good at slapping down casual decks that try to build up a board.

The Gambler, 1st Place + Fanfic

Ken “Express” Tenma: Disappeared Clone (Honor and Profit)

Event (30)
2x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Apocalypse (Data and Destiny)]●●●●● ●●●●
1x CBI Raid (Business First)
2x Deuces Wild (23 Seconds) ●●
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
6x Exclusive Party (Salsette Island)
3x Fisk Investment Seminar (The Universe of Tomorrow)
3x High-Stakes Job (Kala Ghoda)
1x Information Sifting (The Liberated Mind)
3x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Resource (5)
1x New Angeles City Hall (Future Proof)
1x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)
3x Temüjin Contract (Blood Money)

Icebreaker (10)
1x Breach (Honor and Profit)
1x Cerberus “Rex” H2 (All That Remains)
1x Eater (Order and Chaos) ●●●
2x Faerie (Future Proof)
2x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda)
1x Paperclip (Blood Money) ●●●
2x Passport (Honor and Profit)
17 influence spent (max 17, available 0)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Blood Money

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

This deck tries to use Blockade Runner (from pack 4 of Flashpoint Cycle) to solve ‘anarch problems’.

Fragging Hero

Null: Whistleblower

Event (11)
3x Day Job
3x Dirty Laundry
2x Rumor Mill
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
3x Grimoire
2x Net-Ready Eyes ●●●●

Resource (9)
3x Blockade Runner ●●●
3x Daily Casts
3x Liberated Account

Icebreaker (9)
3x Mimic
3x Paperclip
3x Yog.0 ★★★

Program (11)
3x D4v1d ★★★
3x Imp
3x Medium
2x Parasite ★★

Why 3 yog. Once you get one down, the rest are just null food. Drop one and go for a third parasite instead

All my breakers are 3 of so I can find them easily. I can’t recur my parasites, so I can’t rely on them to solve multiple code gates if I can’t find my yog.

Iain with bird breakers to vamp the corp at will, and bhagat for multiaccess that doesn’t involve stealing.

Birdbraiain

Iain Stirling: Retired Spook

Event (11)
3x Hostage
2x Legwork
3x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (4)
1x Reflection
3x Sports Hopper

Resource (23)
1x Bhagat ●●●●
3x Compromised Employee
3x Daily Casts
1x Film Critic ●
2x New Angeles City Hall
3x Political Operative
3x Temüjin Contract
1x The Source ●●
3x The Supplier
3x Underworld Contact

Icebreaker (5)
2x Golden
1x Paperclip ●●●
2x Peregrine

Program (2)
2x Pheromones

Might be something here:
Reina,
Ddos
Siphon/vamp
Obelus
Money
Run amok
En passant
FRantic coding
Femme fatale

I’ve been trying to make something happen with Obelus, Joshua B., siphon, and stim dealer (culminating in 6-click medium digs). DDoS is a champ there, and En Passant seems like a cool way to extend the impact of it. Frantic coding + conspiracy breakers / femme (plus retrieval run) seems like a cool way to make sure you can get into servers with actual breakers and credits (god forbid).

EP and frantic coding both seem like they’re going to open up some cool and fun stuff.

I wanna score behind Bulwark. This is the list I just started testing (haven’t played with the Ichi add yet).

Reckless

GRNDL: Power Unleashed

Agenda (10)
3x Corporate Sales Team
2x Global Food Initiative ●●
2x Hostile Takeover
3x Oaktown Renovation

Asset (2)
2x Aggressive Secretary ●●●●

Upgrade (3)
3x Crisium Grid

Operation (14)
2x Beanstalk Royalties
1x Best Defense
2x Election Day
1x Green Level Clearance ●
3x Hedge Fund
1x Oversight AI
1x Power Shutdown
3x Restructure

Barrier (7)
3x Bulwark
3x Ice Wall
1x Meru Mati

Code Gate (4)
1x Enigma
1x Lotus Field ●
2x Quandary

Sentry (5)
2x Archer
2x Cobra
1x Ichi 1.0 ●●

10 influence spent (max 10, available 0)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Intervention

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

so far I’ve always been happy to play Election Day. OAI is largely Val tech but Using it early on an Archer is always good. AggSecs have fired in every game I’ve played. So far it’s a hell of a lot of fun. Data sucker is a huge issue that I don’t know how to solve,

2 Likes

First try (49 cards)
Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future
– agenda (9 cards)
3 Accelerated Beta Test
2 Advanced Concept Hopper
2 Efficiency Committee
2 Global Food Initiative
– asset (13 cards)
3 Adonis Campaign
2 Jeeves Model Bioroids
2 Launch Campaign
1 Melange Mining Corp.
2 PAD Campaign
3 Snare!
– ice (17 cards)
2 Enigma
1 Fairchild 2.0
1 Heimdall 1.0
2 Heimdall 2.0
2 Ichi 1.0
1 Ichi 2.0
1 Komainu
1 Rototurret
1 Sherlock 2.0
2 Viktor 1.0
1 Viktor 2.0
2 Wall of Static
– operation (7 cards)
2 Bioroid Efficiency Research
2 Biotic Labor
3 Hedge Fund
– upgrade (3 cards)
2 Prisec
1 Red Herrings

Good luck with the list. If you find you have trouble scoring the 4/2 agendas, you might try using Project Vitruvius.

Here is a list I’ve been testing out on Jnet. Any and all feedback is appreciated. I don’t think this is the next big thing, but I do feel it has potential. I’m looking to improve on the basis the deck was created on, which is to play Weyland without playing Weyland, using Indian Union Stock Exchange as a huge source of credits to power up a Sandburg.

List looks fun. Seems like you have the potential to make a lot of money, and that is always enjoyable.

Some notes:

• You don’t have to build around it as much as I have, but if you are playing Indian Union Stock Exchange and some number of PAD Campaigns, you absolutely owe it to yourself to make one of them an NASX. Sometimes it just makes you a stupid amount of money.
  • I’m really not sold on Bulwark here. Giving the runner a bad pub when you are trying to keep assets on the table seems suboptimal and while, as the runner, I don’t love losing a program of my own choosing, it’s really not the harshest thing that could happen to me. That said, some decks probably just can’t deal with a super strong Bulwark, so that’s neat. Three Bulwark is a lot of influence though… you might find you can do something else more meaningful with that influence, especially if you go down to 1 or 2.
  • I don’t love the agenda suite. I wouldn’t hate it if you sprung some influence on GFIs, though if you are committed to playing 6 5/3s that’s slightly less important. Mandatory Upgrades is a card I love but it seems like it has no synergy with this deck. You can’t score it with Lakshmi Smart Fabrics. If you do score it is it nice, but doesn’t really do anything significant for your deck.

The main opposition I worry about is a runner with Magnum Opus. If they just sit back and say “I’m not moving until you try and make things happen” I think you are in trouble. How do you win against that? I suppose Museum means you don’t lose against that, but it seems like you and the runner might just end up starting at each other for an hour and a half.

You might want to find room for something like Fast Track so you have the option to go fast, and it also helps with SmartFabrics. Not sure what to cut for that though.

I decided to go with a Null deck for a Cache Refresh. My final card list is below. I am getting better playing it, and maybe the problem is how to play it well now. Any tips about the cards or playing style? I am trying to keep my economy running and running against ICEs on centrals whenever is possible.

Event (19)
3 Day Job
2 Déjà Vu
2 Forked
3 I’ve Had Worse
2 Knifed
2 Spooned
2 Stimhack
3 Sure Gamble

Hardware (3)
3 Maw

Program (16)
1 Black Orchestra
2 Corroder
2 Datasucker
1 MKUltra
2 Medium
2 Mimic
1 Paperclip
3 Parasite ★​★​★​
2 Yog.0 ★​★​

Resource (7)
2 Aaron Marrón ●​●​●​●​
2 Armitage Codebusting
1 Ice Carver
2 Temüjin Contract ●​●​●​●​★​★​

I actually have had success with a goofy deck I threw together abusing Persephone’s power. I included Egrets and Adjusted Matrices as tools to use in the event I actually need to break the ice. MU is held in check with Net Chips (very flexible with big rig that includes Mopus, Equivocation, Hyperdriver) which synergizes perfectly with Kate’s ability and the Tech Writers. Also running 3x Test Run/Scavenge combo to cheese out the Persephones. Rest of the econ is rounded out with Peace in our Times and Sure Gambles. Also packing Feedback Filter and Plascrete to survive kill.

Kate in the Underworld

Kate “Mac” McCaffrey: Digital Tinker

Event (21)
1x Deuces Wild ●
3x Diesel
2x Employee Strike ●●
3x Levy AR Lab Access
3x Peace in Our Time ●●●
3x Scavenge
3x Sure Gamble
3x Test Run

Hardware (13)
3x Adjusted Matrix
2x Feedback Filter
6x NetChip
2x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (3)
3x Technical Writer

Icebreaker (3)
3x Persephone ●●●●● ●●●●

Program (10)
3x Egret
2x Equivocation
3x Hyperdriver
2x Magnum Opus

15 influence spent (max 15, available 0)
50 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Terminal Directive

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

In practice, when you hit those Barriers you frown hard because you can’t let ETRs fire and expect to mill anything, even if they are Sentries at that point. But one lovely game, I ran R&D ice first turn, hit a Veritas and then slowly set up the rest of the game until I could get 2 Persephones out and start milling.

While the obvious play around is for the Corp to install over Sentries or to not rez them, if you time it right, you can hurt them a lot before they can counterplay, esp. if they are trying to rush out, which my opponent was. Final turn, I milled 18 cards with Persephone while using Equivocation to force draw other cards, resulting in a sudden mill victory when the Corp was on game point.

Obviously not every game will go this way (I’ve had some grueling matchups where the card does nothing) but since it’s pretty unexpected, there’s a chance for some mild success.

Let me know what you think if you give this a test run!

This is what I’m playing for my weekly meetup. Seeking to use Frantic Coding to make Magnum setup very reliable as well as filling the heap with some cards to turn Steve’s ability on quicker. Spy Cam + Mad Dash is the influence free R&D pressure that I’ve opted for. Everything else is pretty self-explanatory, I think. Career Fairs are maybe unnecessary, I’m just attached to them. I have very little game against rush outside of Inside Job / Gauntlet, I think. Anyway, just wanted to get some eyeballs on it.

###[Frantic Opus (Spy Cam)][1] (45 cards)

• [Steve Cambridge: Master Grifter][2]

Event (12)

• 2 [Career Fair][3]
  • 1 [Frantic Coding][4] ●●●
  • 2 [Inside Job][5]
  • 2 [Mad Dash][6]
  • 2 [Special Order][7]
  • 3 [Sure Gamble][8]

Hardware (8)

• 6 [Spy Camera][9]
  • 2 [The Gauntlet][10]

Resource (11)

• 3 [Daily Casts][11]
  • 3 [Earthrise Hotel][12]
  • 2 [Political Operative][13]
  • 3 [Sacrificial Construct][14] ●●●

Icebreaker (8)

• 2 [Abagnale][15]
  • 2 [Aumakua][16]
  • 2 [Mongoose][17]
  • 1 [Paperclip][18] ●●●
  • 1 [Saker][19]

Program (6)

• 3 [Magnum Opus][20] ●●●●● ●
  • 3 [Tapwrm][21]

Built with [https://meteor.stimhack.com/][22]
[1]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[2]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[3]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[4]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[5]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[6]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[7]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[8]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[9]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[10]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[11]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[12]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[13]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[14]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[15]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[16]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[17]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[18]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[19]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[20]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[21]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[22]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder

A slightly less self-destructive option for finding Mopus sooner might be Self-Modifying Code. It can also help you get your Tapwrms, etc, and is another thing for Steve to potentially recur. That way you can get more use out of your various cards before needing to use Steve to even use them the first time.

Because of the Mopus-based economy, you might be able to get rid of the Daily Casts and Tapwrm/SacCons. Having Mopus and Tapwrm in the same deck can cause memory issues before you find your console, which might be an issue, Obviously you can just trash/not install the Tapwrm instead, but then it’s kinda a dead card early, but also not as good late game when you’re set up and can just mash Mopus til the stars go out.

2 Likes

This is brilliant feedback. Thank you!

1 Like

However, I’m not really sure that Opus is enough money by itself. Maybe I’m just bad at playing Runner, but Corps can pretty easily build servers that take 8+ credits to break in the mid-late game, which means I can only make a run every now and then. Do I just acknowledge that dynamic and lean into it? Choose different cards to complement that style of play? Spy Cam/Indexing + Mad Dash over say, Turning Wheel for an Opus based deck?