Untested/Non-competitive Decklist MegaThread

Draco is such amazing Siphon protection.

3 Likes

Draco is underplayed right now. Gets out of mimic range vs kate and anarchs, and only needs 1 counter to annoy stealth andy.

4 Likes

There are a lot of things that make Shinobi worse now than it was in the past, chiefly amongst them are Switchblade and D4V1D, along with, as you say, I’ve Had Worse.

I was very impressed when I first tried Shinobi in Yellow Jackets, but times have changed, and Shinobi is dead in far, far more situations than it used to be.

2 Likes

I have been trying gagarin lot ately, but the main problem I have is that the runner just gets a lot of money and runs whenever I install-advace something on a remote. How do you deal with that? It’s becoming a major problem for me

1 Like

It’s a Weyland problem. They still have no good way to beat a runner who’s fully rigged and has credits. The only option is to be faster than the runner, and Gagarin does nothing to help you be faster.

3 Likes

The old tricks are Ash, Caprice or advancable traps, GRNDL Rafinery included.

1 Like

aggressive secretary behind a hive after nuking a lady vs a shaper is awesome. “HAHA I have a clone chip!” “haha fuck you!”

2 Likes

I really like the idea behind this deck and I was thinking whether it was possible to make it work in criminal without importing SMC and Clone Chip. I know getting 3 Au Revoir out would be really difficult, but even if you get 2 out you basically have an influence-free Magnum Opus. But even getting 2 out early without tutors seems very difficult. Maybe in Silhouette/Andy with Express Delivery and Mr. Lee? or possibly Iain+Logos? The upside to doing it in criminal is that you have Au Revoir, Snitch, Box-E and derez cards all in-faction.

1 Like

If you really want to do it in Criminal, I think the way to go is insane card draw. Three QTs and three Earthrises mandatory, I believe - otherwise you’ll take way too long to get set up.

1 Like

I would encourage you to try it and report back. I would discourage you from trying it with Mr. Li, and instead heed @PeekaySK and go with QT. I would consider Andromeda a must for at least the first round of testing. I would be surprised if it is as viable as the Shaper version, but never hurts to try.

1 Like

Here’s what I came up with:

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

Event (22)
3x Account Siphon
3x Emergency Shutdown
3x Express Delivery
2x Inside Job
2x Legwork
3x Quality Time •••
3x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (6)
2x Akamatsu Mem Chip ••
2x Box-E
2x R&D Interface ••••

Resource (2)
2x Earthrise Hotel

Icebreaker (6)
2x Corroder ••••
1x Femme Fatale
1x Garrote
1x Passport
1x ZU.13 Key Master ••

Program (9)
3x Au Revoir
3x Crescentus
3x Snitch

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

I’m gonna test it this week. Any changes that come to mind before I do?

1 Like

3 earthrise, 2 snitch.

3 Likes

I’ll bet you need more memory. Four memory for 3 AuRevoir + Snitch is something you need to plan for. CT’s memory is probably more important than the decksize. Already -1 MU when going outside CT, then adding in Garrotte and Crescentus seems ambitious. Maybe replace the Cresentuses and Akamatsus with 3 Dyson, 1 Lucky Find/Modded, 1 Easy Mark/Dirty Laundry? Dyson + Andy will provide the mem for Zu.

1 Like

I decided to forgo Crescentus altogether. After all, the CT deck is doing just fine without any derezzing effects whatsoever, and my deck sports 3xEmergency Shutdown, which should be enough. Also changed my killer suite for Femme+Mimic. Those changes, along with using Dyson (which frees Zu MU) should make the rig much less cramped and more adaptable. Here’s the new list:

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

Event (22)
3x Account Siphon
3x Emergency Shutdown
3x Express Delivery
2x Inside Job
2x Legwork
3x Quality Time •••
3x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (8)
2x Box-E
2x Dyson Mem Chip
1x Feedback Filter •
1x Plascrete Carapace
2x R&D Interface ••••

Resource (3)
3x Earthrise Hotel

Icebreaker (6)
2x Corroder ••••
1x Femme Fatale
1x Mimic •
1x Passport
1x ZU.13 Key Master ••

Program (6)
3x Au Revoir
3x Snitch

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

1 Like

What about this Nisei tag & bag deck I concocted?

Nisei Division: The Next Generation (Honor and Profit)

Agenda (9)
3x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (6)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves)
3x Snare! (Core Set)

Upgrade (3)
3x Caprice Nisei (Double Time)

Operation (15)
3x Celebrity Gift (Opening Moves)
3x Cerebral Cast (Honor and Profit)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Neural EMP (Core Set)
3x Scorched Earth (Core Set)

Barrier (4)
3x Snowflake (What Lies Ahead)
1x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)

Code Gate (3)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
1x Lotus Field i[/i]

Sentry (7)
2x Komainu (Honor and Profit)
2x Mamba (Up and Over)
1x Shinobi (Double Time)
2x Tsurugi (True Colors)

Other (2)
2x Kitsune (First Contact)

21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Up and Over

My intent here is that Cerebral Cast is lose-lose for the runner; if he takes a tag I can scorch him, and if he opts for brain damage then he becomes vulnerable for future Neutral EMPs. My only concern is that Celebrity Gift might give away too much information. Should I replace it with another economy? if so, what?

1 Like

With this kind of agenda distribution, you should really play at least 2 RSVP.
Maybe remove a Scorch for that.

2 Likes

Not a fan of positional ICE, especially when I need to pay influence for it.

1 Like

How so ?
Every agenda in your deck cost creds to steal and you also play 3 Caprice Nisei. RSVP on any centrals means the runner can’t grab an agenda when they access it without breaking your ICE and it also works on the remote for 2/3 of your ICEs.

1 Like

… and although it’s not a huge consideration, RSVP > Shinobi, can win the game instantly if the stars align.

2 Likes

I agree that that would be a fantastic splash in this deck (basically becoming ETR on any server, unless they’re rocking imp), but scorch seems very core to his game plan - so not much room to move on influence. The cerebral casts play doesn’t really “turn on” until you have 2 scorch in hand so it seems important to have 3.

1 Like