1x Passport

Program (1)
1x Sneakdoor Beta

15 influence spent (max 15)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Order and Chaos

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

This is a deck I’ve been testing a bit in my spare time at home, and it seems to do alright. It’s not without its faults, but I’ll give a breakdown before I get to those.

As one would imagine, this identity lends itself to crippling the runner with brain damage and other effects that lower their hand size. This is made deadly through the inclusion of Punitive Counterstrike. Getting the runner’s hand size to 2 makes a single Punitive lethal, as most of the agendas are three pointers, and getting it to two is not a very hard task to accomplish. The main ways to do so are through scoring Self-Destruct Chips, getting the runner to land on a Cerebral Overwriter, Ryon Knight, and the splash of Chairman Hiro. Because most of the agendas are 3 pointers, IAA turns carry a lot of risk for the runner through both Punitives and Cerebral. Similarly, Self Destruct chips looks very much like asset economy, and sneaking one out hasn’t been very hard. I’d imagine this will be harder against more experienced players, however.

The rest of the deck I’m trying to make taxing in order to open up scoring windows as well as turn on Punitive when they score agendas. It can also be taxing on clicks, which turns on Ryon. There are a few pieces of larger, more threatening ice that can be rezzed either through a large money investment if it really hurts the runner (Janus especially), or more likely the Priority Requisitions. They seemed like the most beneficial 3 point agenda, so it made sense to include some larger ice to make use of them. The other two 3-pointers are undecided, but I kind of like Wotan in here, so they’re what I’m using for now.

Here’s my concerns so far. Bioroids can still be walked through, so runs on click 1 usually end up with one of my ice being invalidated in terms of the runner’s monetary economy, while still usually leaving them that spare click that turns off Ryon. The upside of this is that Ryon makes the runner spend more money breaking ice than clicks, in order to make sure to not take a brain damage, which has the benefits listed above.

The ice is also generally expensive, and early game is a little rough because of it. The influence use requires me to use in-faction and neutrals only, and none of the neutrals seem especially appealing for a taxing deck. Also, Hiro comes with inherent risks, and there’s a reason he’s not often played. However, if you can discard him early, Interns can bring him back from the dead in a time of need (however, this is basically the definition of jank).

An idea that I had to solve a few of these problems would be to ditch one Punitive and Hiro, then replace them with 2 Snare!s, using the remaining 3 influence to import in some better out-of-faction ice to replace what I have. Snare! has the potential to also flatline the runner if they’re not expecting it, or if they happen to have had their hand size lowered to 2 and run into one. It’s less proactive than Punitive, but two Punitives would still be in the deck anyhow, so it’s not as big a loss, especially in a 44 card deck.

Anyhow, here’s the unaltered list. Obviously it’s going to be some months before it can be played legally, but I thought I’d see what the deck might look like, because it seems like it might be fun. Thoughts?

Tabula Rasa

Cybernetics Division: Humanity Upgraded (Chrome City)

Agenda (8)

Asset (10)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (10)

Barrier (5)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (5)

18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Chrome City

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

1 Like

My only comment would be that assuming the Runner can play around your damage threats, this list feels like it would have trouble playing a traditional game of Netrunner and scoring Agendas.

3 Likes

Regarding Cybernetics division, I’m curious as to how card choices like An Offer You Can’t Refuse will work out, since the runner has no clicks to break Bioroids or dodge Ryon. And along that line, False Lead can trap the runner into an encounter with an Ichi/Heimdall they can’t break and also sets up Ryon.

I think (so far), that this identity is looking for wins by the runner having a negative maximum hand size at turn end. They start at 4, so you only need to stick 5 hand size decreases on the typical runner before you just win. Valley Grid could also be brutal for this reason as well. I also believe that every point of minus handsize is significantly better than the one before it. The runner doesn’t lose much starting the game with a handsize of 4…maybe they’ll play one more card, or discard something they don’t need.

Plus…I can’t wait for this ID/data pack because then I’ll have an excuse to try to set up a server with a Tori Hanzo and Ryon Knight in it with a Sentinel Defense Program scored and Defective Brainchips in play…enjoy your 3 brain and 1 net damage for showing up to the party haha…oh the jank.

Edit: And if you were to try a more scoring build, just use Valley Grid and Ash. As long as you have 3 or more ICE on the remote, they have one chance to run before they flatline themselves, which Ash hopefully prevents.

1 Like

What do you think about this deck?

NEXT Design: Guarding the Net

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Eden Fragment
1x Hades Fragment
3x NAPD Contract
1x Utopia Fragment

Asset (3)
3x Jackson Howard •••

Upgrade (3)
3x Ash 2X3ZB9CY

Operation (6)
3x Interns
3x Peak Efficiency

Barrier (6)
3x NEXT Silver
3x Paper Wall

Code Gate (15)
3x Minelayer
3x NEXT Bronze
3x Pop-up Window •••
3x Quandary
3x Sensei •••

Sentry (5)
2x Hunter
3x Pup •••

Other (2)
1x Excalibur
1x Mother Goddess

12 influence spent (max 12)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

The point of this deck is to stack your centrals+one remote with many pieces of small ICE. Those alone make for fairly taxing servers, but then you top them with Sensei to make the server even more taxing. This deck operates on very limited economy because most of its ICE is cheap to rez, and huge install costs can be negated with Interns. What do you think? I realize this deck is really janky, but can it stand a chance in non-competitive environments? what would you change?

1 Like

Ash is not very useful if you are broke. I would swap them out for 3x Hedge Fund. Even if you don’t need money to rez and install ice, you still need money to score Agendas. Just advancing a Fragment is 5 credits.

Hunter is not very useful if you have nothing to punish tags. Once the Runner figures that out they will run through Hunters for free. If you are willing to pay more for rezzing, Architect is great for this deck.

Paper Wall may not be worth playing considering you will have to pay to install ice over it (you can’t be using Interns on every ice). And when the Runner breaks it, it trashes which means you paid the extra install costs for naught. Consider Eli instead? Especially if you can fit in the Hedge Funds.

Subliminal Messaging might be worth a copy or two, but not sure what you could cut for it. Maybe the Hunters if you’re willing to go down on ice count.

1 Like

You should definitely find a slot for Successful Demonstraion and Hedge Fund. You’re running a lot of gearcheck ICE which means that you’re hoping to see some bouncing, especially early in the game. Successful Demonstration is great for that.

1 Like

I haven’t had too many issues scoring out points thus far, but I think it probably will be an issue against better players, as you say. I’m thinking I’ll just drop Ryon for some good ol’ Ashes, as Ryon has been kinda a shitter in the deck anyhow. I think I’ll also just kill Hiro in favor of some better hard ETR ice. This hopefully will make the deck less all-in on the kill strat, more using the runner’s diminishing hand size to pressure them, while threatening the kill. Not sure if I want 2 or 3 Punitives yet; I’ll have to test some.

1 Like

Accelerated Beta Eliza

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future

Agenda (13)
3x Accelerated Beta Test
2x Bifrost Array
2x Domestic Sleepers
3x NAPD Contract
3x Project Vitruvius

Asset (9)
3x Adonis Campaign
3x Eliza’s Toybox
3x Jackson Howard •••

Operation (8)
3x Biotic Labor
3x Hedge Fund
2x Restructure

Barrier (10)
3x Eli 1.0
2x Heimdall 1.0
3x Markus 1.0
2x Wotan

Code Gate (3)
3x Tollbooth ••••• •

Sentry (6)
3x Archer ••••• •
1x Architect
2x Janus 1.0

20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

The dream is here is a deck with a Hearthstone (like using unstable portals) feel, using beta tests. In result i have a deck which doesnt know if its fast advance or glacier, in the best case it should be fast at beginning and after 2 tests - a taxing glacier.

Bifrost array is better than i thought before, because i can activate even stolen agenda abilities, so eventually it is like running 5 ABT.
Actually not, OCTGN script let me do that and i didn’t bother to reread the card. Thanks for correction Endgame.

Overall, getting Intrustion Countermeasure Electronics worth ~30 creds makes me giggly, especially seeing opponents reaction.

1 Like

I don’t think stolen agendas are in your score area.

5 Likes

Compromised Consciousness

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie

Event (22)
3x Account Siphon
3x Emergency Shutdown
3x Forged Activation Orders
2x Hostage
3x Inside Job
2x Legwork
3x Special Order
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (7)
2x Akamatsu Mem Chip ••
3x Box-E
2x R&D Interface ••••

Resource (7)
3x Compromised Employee
1x Decoy
1x Kati Jones
1x Mr. Li
1x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (4)
1x Corroder ••
2x Garrote
1x Gordian Blade •••

Program (5)
2x Collective Consciousness ••••
3x Crescentus

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source

Your game plan is pretty simple: With Collective Consciousness out, you draw a card each time the corp rezzed a piece of ICE+you get 1c per Compromised Employee you have. FAO forces a rez, while Emergency Shutfown+Cresc allows already rezzed ICE to pay you again. And again.

Protection: Compromised recurring credits+your link+Box-E’s 7 hand size are your tools to battle Punitive. Those will help battle SEA against non-Blue Sun corps. Against Blue Sun, Decoy is your friend.

Your final rig should look like this:
1xMem Chip
Box-E
Gordian
Corroder
Garrote
+1 free MU for your Crescs.

You think a build like this is viable at all?

1 Like

honestly I’d rather run 1 Femme 1 Mimic. Garrote sucks, especially in faction where MU is always an issue. Desperado plays into Crescentus/FAO/Shutdown, so I’d rather run the best console in the game than Box-E. without Box-E, CC isn’t viable. I don’t think CC is viable in Criminal due to memory, a huge bummer because that card should never have required 2 MU. It is unplayable due to that fact IMO. It’s already risky enough to run without Killers these days, so after a Killer and CC you’re at 1 MU until you find a console. Crim is strapped for MU so unfortunately a card that could work well in aggressive Criminal builds just doesn’t.

1 Like

Here’s my played a few times Gagarin deck. RSVP doesn’t feel great, Tenma is pretty good, changing your defences mid-game for best tax. Plan is to rez cosmic ices when they have 3 adv, either by runner or by EBC, then move the tokens to another ice via Protocols. Final place they should be are Ice and Fire Walls (advanced to 14 str last game).
Thanks to many assets you can sneak a Firmware or Atlas.
I probably need second Interns.

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (11)
3x Firmware Updates (Order and Chaos)
1x Glenn Station (Order and Chaos)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)
1x Utopia Fragment (The Source)

Asset (15)
3x Constellation Protocol (Order and Chaos)
2x Daily Business Show (All That Remains) [color=#FF8C00]••[/color]
2x Executive Boot Camp (All That Remains)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]••[/color]
3x PAD Campaign (Core Set)
1x Tenma Line (Honor and Profit) [color=#DC143C]•••[/color]
2x The Root i[/i]

Operation (6)
3x Commercialization (Cyber Exodus)
1x Interns (Mala Tempora)
2x Paywall Implementation (The Spaces Between)

Barrier (6)
2x Asteroid Belt (Order and Chaos)
2x Fire Wall (Order and Chaos)
2x Ice Wall (Core Set)

Code Gate (5)
2x Builder (Order and Chaos)
1x RSVP (True Colors) [color=#FF8C00]••[/color]
2x Wormhole (Order and Chaos)

Sentry (5)
3x Architect (Up and Over) [color=#8A2BE2]••••• •[/color]
2x Nebula (Order and Chaos)

Multi (1)
1x Orion (Order and Chaos)
49 cards (min 45)

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

2 Likes

something i literally just tossed together, played 1 game against reina headlock
trolls did some work

NBN: Making News (Core Set)

Agenda (12)
3x AstroScript Pilot Program (Core Set)
3x Breaking News (Core Set)
1x False Lead (A Study in Static)
1x Gila Hands Arcology (Creation and Control)
3x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
1x Restructured Datapool (What Lies Ahead)

Asset (4)
3x Marked Accounts (Cyber Exodus)
1x PAD Campaign (Core Set)

Upgrade (1)
1x Red Herrings (Core Set)

Operation (15)
2x Freelancer (Trace Amount)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Midseason Replacements (Future Proof)
2x Scorched Earth (Core Set) [color=#006400]••••• •••[/color]
3x Sweeps Week (True Colors)
3x Traffic Accident (Order and Chaos) [color=#006400]•••[/color]

Barrier (5)
2x TMI (What Lies Ahead)
1x Wall of Thorns (Core Set) [color=#DC143C]•[/color]
2x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing)

Code Gate (6)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Lotus Field i[/i] [color=#DC143C]••[/color]
1x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus)
1x Tollbooth (Core Set)

Sentry (4)
2x Troll (The Source)
2x Virgo (The Source)
14 influence spent (max 15)
47 cards (min 45)

Deck built on NetrunnerDB

1 Like

thanks! looks very similar to a build i threw together last night then deleted without testing. i definitely didn’t have tenman line in there, though! do you think 1 Patch is worthwhile running 3 architect?

1 Like

Patch is great with Lotus Field too. Run both if you’re playing Patch.

1 Like

Yeah, I had Patch, but threw it out, as it’s sometimes just 2 more creds for the runner to break.
Tenma Line is pretty good, wins games and loses them also. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t want to derail already in progress conversations, but I have been thinking about the post clot NBN meta. I believe we don’t want to abandon all fast advance, but rather keep it as a threat. Along these lines, I feel like classic no advance could be good again, where if the runner jams a clot while you’re going to fast advance, you have a taxing remote to leave the agenda in, and they’ve spent tutor and install credits, making it tougher to run the remote, which should be upgraded nicely. I’m looking back at a few NBN decks I ran before NEH, and found this one, and slightly modified it.

What do you think for post clotpocolypse?

NBN Making News
15 influence spent (max 15) •••••••••••••••
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Source
Agenda Agenda (11)

3x AstroScript Pilot Program
2x Breaking News
3x NAPD Contract
3x Project Beale
Asset Asset (6)

3x Jackson Howard
3x Marked Accounts
Upgrade Upgrade (6)

3x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••••• •
3x SanSan City Grid
Operation Operation (9)

1x Closed Accounts
3x Hedge Fund
2x Shipment from SanSan
3x Sweeps Week
Barrier Barrier (5)

1x Bastion
2x TMI
2x Wraparound
Code Gate Code Gate (6)

3x Pop-up Window
1x Tollbooth
2x Viper ••
Sentry Sentry (6)

2x Caduceus ••••
2x Dracō
1x Shinobi •••
1x Virgo

Shinobi might be a cut, but the unexpected win 1:10 games is great, and its an okay tax, even with the bad pub…but your other tracers go to shit. Maybe -1 ash -1 shinobi -1 bastion -1 tmi +3 eli +1??

This type of rush deck was insane good about a year ago. The ice is fairly parasite resistant, but siphon could be an issue, if you don’t have the right tools.

1 Like

I feel like Shinobi is less good these days due to I’ve Had Worse, but I guess in the games where you think they might have it, you just don’t play it.

1 Like

Yea, to be fair, not everyone you play is going to be an anarch. Also, it could still work, much the same way traffic accident -> scorched works. Either way, I’m not married to shinobi.

1 Like