Up and Over text spoilers

Haas Arcology is similar to Reversed accounts in that you put your card out, and advance it. If it survives then you can do something good with it. With Haas Arcology you fast advance out an agenda (and perhaps threaten to do it again if you had IAA’d). With Reversed Accounts you zero out the runner and have yourself a scoring window. If you’ve prepared correctly you’ll have an agenda scored by next turn.

Both cards give you same benefit if the runner runs and trashes the asset.

Both cards also have the characteristic that if you’d just had the guts to advance an agenda instead, then you’d have already scored!

So, if you think of zeroing out the runner simply in terms of gaining a scoring window (perhaps a lengthy one), then I think these cards play very similarly. Now if you have other reasons for making the runner broke (other than scoring agendas to win the game), then Reversed Accounts is better for that.

1 Like

You’re right that the cards play similarly in that way, but RA costs 2c more to trash, which is significant, and is more versatile in that it can help score more agendas (say, NAPD).

I see this answer a lot and I’m never sure whether poster is being sarcastic or hasn’t realised that Scheherazade doesn’t provide an MU solution.

Seems like I’ll be happier to run this in NEXT Ice builds than Successful Demonstration, and other glacier builds as well.

Eh. Cheap, but not super great without in-faction recursion. Maaaybe in an archive-trap Jinteki deck, but those don’t really exist.

Oooooh my. A weird Pop-Up-esque thing that requires them to use an AI breaker, be taxed, blow a parasite, or avoid tags at all costs? Seems fun, especially at that influence. Feel as though Gagarin Station might enjoy this a lot, as part of a super-taxing build, but I don’t know if that’d be the best spot.

Because NBN needed a Ronin equivalent. Be curious if they can dodge by not having enough, or if it’s “up to”. Still, sticking them with 3 credits… painful. Honestly, even just as “spend a turn to lose them 4 credits” seems theoretically playable in NEH, though I’m not sure there’s anything that I’d cut for it in that heavy FA build. But having a full turn, or four counters on it will crush people, so seems well worth it.

Doesn’t have to be runs on that server, so this is, what, the Ice version of House of Knives? Seems potentially pretty decent, and it’s nice to have non-Mimicable sentries for Jinteki. Two subroutines are nice. I’d play this in RP or PE pretty happily.

[quote=“Almotasim, post:1, topic:2008”]76 :diamonds:Autoscripter Hardware 3 The first time you install a program from your grip during your turn, gain click. C (3)Trash Autoscripter if you make an unsuccessful run.
[/quote]
Ahahahahahahaha. Just what Andy (and Criminal) need. More clicks.

This isn’t unique, and that makes me interested. I could see running two of these in a number of Anarch decks. Maaaybe three, but doubtful. Getting them to trigger together, though, makes a lot of currently-mediocre Anarch strategies better – not in the way that Incubator will (making it hard to evaluate when punishment is worthwhile), but in making the punishment much more significant (by adding a cost to it). Alone, though, I’m not sure that 2c is enough to really deter anyone, and baiting repeated wipes has always been tricky. I imagine this’ll be much better when we have Hivemind and Incubator and Virus Breeding Ground to make multi-wipes more of a thing.

I feel like Mamba is overcosted. It’s basically unrezzable unless you have 8 credits lying around, and unless you make a pure-sentry Jinteki deck (which could be a good idea, what with Switchblade being in the same pack), you’re throwing off your ICE ratios by including it. Tsurugi and Komainu are both still better. It’s less horrible in Nisei, but then again Nisei itself is more horrible than the others… so there’s that.

Labyrinthine Servers make me somewhat sad, the only thing I came up with was it improving Chum. (which might be too late to do for any tangible effect whatsoever by the time you draw and score a 5-pointer). In a 4x3 Jinteki deck, I’d rather play Hades Fragment and recycle Snares.

Changeling: funny how we keep getting more and more good ICE at 4 strength. It’s almost like they’re trying to bring back Swordsman by making Atman even more awesome than it was before :smiley:

Fester is definitely an interesting card. It further strengthens my impression that Lamprey wasn’t so much a Noise card as it was a Denial/Keyhole Reina card. Inject makes the concept more viable by freeing up influence from card draw (hello, Clone Chips).

To me, the interesting card to combo with Autoscripter is Savoir-Faire. It’s essentially buying 2 clicks for 2 credits, which is a damn steal when you think about it. Also opens all sorts of funky situations vs. glaciers that want to click-compress you. Shame Savoir-Faire didn’t cost credits instead of MU to install, and that Autoscripter is probably overcosted by 1. Sure makes Cache better in-faction (initial setup, sure, but after that it essentially reads “if you have at least 3 credits, play this card during a run to gain a click”), though!

I’m really undecided on Angel Arena so far, which runner faction wants it? Anarchs are too poor, Criminals can do filtering cheaper with Mr. Li (which they already don’t deem play-worthy), and Shapers can draw up the wazoo anyway.

edit: holy shit Origami is exponential… missed that on the first read-through.

3 Likes

Nope; it’s quadratic :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Autoscripter + Savoir + Three Steps Ahead seems janky and fun. Steps Ahead, then run something a bunch of times, gaining that click back by installing a program you need mid-run with Savoir. Autoscripter + Savoir could also help turn on Notoriety/Quest Complete with that extra click. Maybe I’ll modify the Silhouette Daily Quester to include Autoscripter and Savoir and bring it to the casual LGS.

Autoscripter may even be fun in Noise; I feel that Noise especially likes more clicks.

Hokusai/Port Anson Grid and a death server that’ll end in a trap and guarantee kill them.

Of course, if you can’t guarantee the run and the kill, well… kind of pointless. Unfortunately, it’s hard to guarantee.

Needs more Doppelganger!

Sounds kinda complicated to get all the pieces together, though I wonder if Duggar’s is a decent enough enabler for this kind of insanity. Incidentally, I’d be tempted to do it out of Iain, simply because you’re literally guaranteed to let the first agenda slip by… might as well let that weakness fund you for the rest of the trip :smiley:

Port Anson is kinda superfluous with a Servers token. The “death server” concept is intriguing on paper (hey, I’ve built my own Whirlpool/Howler/Janus/Cell Portal deck, just like all the other lunatics out there), but the problem I have with it is that it’s strongest in the early game - only then does it have a delivery chance even remotely justifying the costs of setting it all up.

How exactly are you going to score Labyrinthine Servers before the runner sets up? The only thing I can really come up is Mushin with a piece of ICE, but that’s mighty risky - everyone but Anarch can basically waltz in there in-faction, and even the orange brothers have some nasty tricks - they might not get in for one click, but if they decide to get in (or play Infiltration), they probably will.

If you can do a purely ICE-based kill server (say, Whirlpool into Chum into Katana), it might be worth a shot. One that also requires actual server contents (like, a Snare, Shock or Junebug) is bad, because you can’t use it to score agendas in the meantime. In that context, the winner probably is Inazuma → Komainu → {PE or Hokusai}, potentially Chum → Katana → Port Anson (if the runner is stupid enough to facecheck a 2-deep without any programs whatsoever).

tomato, tomahto… :slight_smile:

I guess will admit to not being sarcastic hah, so how does it not provide an MU solution?

By not having the “does not count against the memory limit” clause that both Djinn and Leprechaun have :slight_smile:

Oh, facepalm facepalm 20

2 Likes

Maybe I’m missing something, but if you want to boost your hand size, wouldn’t it just be easier to run Public Sympathy?

Port Anson because that way you don’t need LS scored to make it work, and afterwards they can’t wear out your tokens. LS is only usable twice, after all – which should be enough, but with an earlier PA, means they’re kind of stuck running. Most useful over, say, one of the centrals in RP, where they need to run to hit anywhere else, though that’s also hardest to make into a guaranteed kill.

I didn’t say it was a good plan, just that it was the easiest way of making use of LS. That and pushing them to blow all their credits late in the game.

Wow so this whole time I was thinking Autoscripter was a Console for some reason. It isn’t. The jank in me is salivating. If you had 3 Autoscripter installed, would the first program you installed gain you 3 clicks? Could a Savoir get you to 7 clicks with 3 Autoscripter? Please say yes.

It’s unique, sorry 20

Reversed Accounts is much better than GRNDL refinery (which I believe was underrated), if only in terms of influence and trash cost.

It’s also difficult to compare them because runner credits are not necessarily equivalent to corp credits. In general, though, I think it’s safe to say that Reversed Accounts will (potentially) open scoring windows that GRNDL couldn’t (unless you use its windfall for Biotic). Depriving your opponent of his/her means > Shoring up your own cash reserves to build taxing servers faster. My evaluation is biased because of all the burst econ I see Runners using, so I view this asset as a counter-burst. Better in taxing builds like RP; dunno about it’s place in PE.

1 Like

The corp won this pack by a long shot.

1 Like

how do you know? did I miss that somewhere in the text? anyway, thanks for bumming me out :smile:

Note the little black diamond: