Valencia, the combo Anarch?

It looks like I’m going to be back from working overseas in time to write an article about Street Peddler for Stimhack. Hopefully I’ll be able to convey why I (and a lot of others) think that its one of the best Anarch cards we’ve seen in a while.

6 Likes

you also probably would have won that game if you didn’t hit that cyberdex on a deep medium dig, giving me time to stabilize. it was great to see/play you again – i’m glad i was able to rush that out, as i was installing my ICE under the assumption you were still playing Eater and not an actual breaker suite.

1 Like

So who’s got the lore all worked out for stimhacking in rachecl beckman?

Who will be the first to unlock the stimhacking in monolith achievment?

:smile:

1 Like

Still don’t get why you’d even want to play the card. It’s the silliest card ever printed, so many issues. So I’m willing to give anyone an award who installs this card and wins a game.

Actually that just gave me an idea, we should pool some cash money and prizes and give it away to the first person who wins a tournament match on stream with a Monolith installed.

Honestly I feel pretty lucky to have nabbed two TFP on the first try anyway, I was pretty behind that whole game. It’s much harder playing an experienced RP player who knows when to push agendas and leverage their economic advantage. I’m glad my @vinegarymink eater variant still put enough fear into you to ice against it :smiley:

(if I may have one last off-topic post)

what are you talking about? Obviously monolith is the crown-jewel in a yet-to-be-created Noise deck that capitalizes on stimhacking archives, installing monolith and 3 viruses for an exceptionally useful and stylish scoring opportunity.

duh!

1 Like

We’ve been able to Stimhack in Monolith since it was printed

You owe me two awards, mate. :smile:

As the drugs enter your body, your consciousness suddenly leaves you, as you collapse on the floor. Seconds later, your eyes open, and look around. You ponder for a minute who you are, and you think…“It’s OK. I’m Rachel fucking Beckman.”

So you develop a split personality, like Dr. Jekell and Mr. Hyde, because of the drugs. By day, you are Noise, Hacker Extraordinaire. By night, you are Rachel Beckman, mercenary extraordinaire. When you get a tag, you end up hacking into the Corp’s leaked information on you, and your fractured mind pieces itself back together, returning you to just a single personality.

5 Likes

I feel like this thread needs some love and my new Valencia deck is quite combo-y. Let me know what you think:

Val Film Source

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe

Event (14)
3x Blackmail
2x Career Fair ••
3x Déjà Vu
1x Lucky Find ••
2x Queen’s Gambit
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (2)
2x Box-E ••

Resource (19)
2x Adjusted Chronotype
2x Fall Guy ••
3x Film Critic •••
2x Kati Jones
3x Liberated Account
2x New Angeles City Hall
2x The Source ••••
3x Wyldside

Icebreaker (6)
1x Corroder
3x Faust
2x Mimic

Program (9)
2x D4v1d
2x Datasucker
1x Medium
2x Parasite
2x Trope

15 influence spent (max 15)
50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to Old Hollywood

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

Edit: link for small write up

1 Like

we need some fan site jank for real.

I don’t run desperado or carve ice anymore…and Its better. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:
Damn you timmywong

3 Likes

Grimoire is love, Grimoire is life

Feeling the love for aggro/control hybrid decks at the minute. There isnt a single combo here, just good old fashioned hate cards.

Although, someone over on netrunners.co.uk pointed out that if you include escher in val, you can escher unrezzed ice over the remote you want to blackmail run XD

Hybrid Val

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe (Order and Chaos)

Event (13)

Hardware (5)

Resource (16)

Icebreaker (5)

Program (11)

50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to The Underway

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

So, this is a Valencia deck I’ve been playing for a couple of months now and having a fair bit of success with!

The Great Comet of Cayambe with added Pancakes

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe (Order and Chaos)

Event (31)

Hardware (5)

Resource (8)

Icebreaker (3)

• 3x Eater (Order and Chaos)

Program (3)

50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to Breaker Bay

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

It doesn’t do a whole lot new, really, it’s a marriage of Eater/Keyhole Anarch with the PrePaid econ package, and also running Comet to make best advantage of the frankly ridiculous number of events. This basically gives you 5 clicks turns, and lets you pull of plays like a triple-click Wanton, followed by a Dirty Laundry/Blackmail into archives.

Someone I know had been running a similar deck out of MaxX, but when I tried it I felt it suffered from a lack of remote pressure. Enter Valencia! You’ve got a load of recursion anyway so adding Blackmail into it plays exactly to your plans.

Wins typically come from early points sniped out of remotes by getting a Blackmail early, followed up by repeated Keyholes or maybe an agenda or too Wantonly-destroyed. Deck plays by drawing very aggressively, usually burning through the whole deck when you Levy. At that point, you’ve got Pancakes combo in, a Comet, and 3 Prepaids, so everything you draw is all Good Stuff.

While it seems like Crisium would stop you dead, I’ve not had a huge amount of trouble against it. Sometimes you can blackmail in and kill it, sometimes you can hit another server (you’ve got good HQ and RnD pressure), sometimes you can kill the ice in front of it. What hurts me more normally is low cost/high strength ice, things like Wraparound or Gutenberg are both pretty nasty. They need to be Parasited (as does Turing) or they just drain your bank balance with repeated Eater runs. Digging out a timely Knife against Wraparound is good too.

I’ve been recently toying with 2 easy mark (mainly in as free events to play with a comet if you haven’t got anything else, but also nice if you’ve gone all in on a Vamp to get some quick econ) swapped with a day job (plays nice with comet) and a bookmark. Bookmark is some nifty meat damage protection, but can also hold some key events (cutlery) instead of recurring them or holding a Blackmail during a Levy.

Happy to hear any suggestions for improvements! Main thing from stopping me taking it to a tournament is how long it takes. Sometimes it picks up the win quickly, more often it grinds out a slow but inevitable win where your opponent can’t score due to blackmails but you need to gain tons of money for repeated keyhole runs.

1 Like

What are people currently thinking/playing out of Valencia? I’ve been playing the list below trying to decide on a deck for worlds and have been pretty happy with how it’s doing. I’d love to hear if anyone has any thoughts for improvements to be made though.

Valencia Estevez: The Angel of Cayambe

Event (8)
3x Blackmail
2x Career Fair ••
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (6)
2x Clone Chip ••••
2x Desperado ••••• •
2x Plascrete Carapace

Resource (17)
2x Adjusted Chronotype
3x Daily Casts
2x Kati Jones
3x Liberated Account
2x Scrubber
2x Street Peddler
3x Wyldside

Icebreaker (8)
1x Atman •••
2x Corroder
2x Faust
2x Mimic
1x Yog.0

Program (11)
2x D4v1d
3x Datasucker
2x Medium
1x Nerve Agent
2x Parasite
1x Progenitor

50 cards (min 50)
Cards up to The Underway
Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

1 Like

Yep. It’s very strong. I’m on a similar list. I’ve got a Levy in mine, no Clone Chips. If Wyldside hits early enough I’ve found I can keep up fairly well with NEH. I’m on 3 IHW and 1 Plascrete. Hoping that’s enough .

Yeah, I can’t decide on 2x plascrete vs. 1x plascrete and 2-3x I’ve Had Worse. In the NEH match up, it is really fun being able to trash 4 cost assets for free with a scrubber installed :-).

Worlds is going to be a bloodbath for runners, 1 plascrete in 50 cards is risky business if you ever plan to use IHW to draw. That said, at least kill decks are (generally) slightly slower than pedal-to-the-floor NBN decks. Good luck determining which one you’re up against. Test your social engineering skills!

1 Like

I’ve got one Scrubber. Seems like it would be great with Desperado Val and I’d love two what with all these assets. But I also want 2 Progenitors, because without the Grimoire MU you need backup. Also Progenitor is pretty nice in Cyberdex meta.

But then it’s terrible vs Power Shutdown. Though I expect to see that card less.

Maybe I’ll do two IHW and two Plascrete. But IHW is really nice to beef up your hand before a Faust run.

Maybe I’ll play 55 cards.

I still prefer grimoire in val. Desperado always feels good, but I don’t like playing around it with MU issues. I like making the money, but she already has desperado money from the bad pub so I feel like it’s unnecessary.

Scrubber is really well positioned in the meta atm and seems like a 2 of is correct.

What is the game plan with FA? I see there are no clot or SMC. I was testing something close to this awhile ago and it felt weak against NEH.

2 Plascrete or none at all if you’re going that route and not IHW. 1 isn’t enough to see it reliably in a 50. A combination of the two might be best to account for a wide range of decks that will be represented. You won’t need plascrete in most of your matches, but you’ll need it when it matters most.

1 Like