Why I Run

Surely you meant “It’s hyper-exciting because it’s Netrunner”?

3 Likes

No, I meant what I said and said what I meant; an elephant’s faithful one hundred percent! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I mean, I never get this excited during an actual game. I play Weyland and I’m just like “Oh, I better watch out for Sea-Scorch-Scorch”. It’s very matter-of-fact, and I think of it more like a puzzle from far away that I have no personal stake in (outside of my personal desire to win and not lose). In this, it feels like I’m putting myself on the line - probably because of the narrative nature of the game.

I get into this and it’s more like “Oh man, what’s the corp gonna do? Does he has a Sea? He’s sure got a lot of money. What’s he advancing in that remote? Is it a Junebug? An Atlas?” I was genuinely excited about routine plays, something I haven’t felt in Netrunner for a long time. The tense end-of-game final opportunity moments are always exciting, but this was run of the mill stuff that got my heart racing.

EDIT: And don’t call me Surely. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I’m glad you liked it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Holy cow, achievement unlocked!

I spent years trying to deck the corp in Why I Run. I wasn’t even sure it was possible. And it’s been ages since the last time I played; I just fired it up on a whim, and then this happened.

3 Likes

I love the game! It’s been down for the last week or so - I get “The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.”. Is something awry with the server?

Seems to be working now, thankfully!

Indeed – yay!

I’m a bit surprised nobody else has brought it up here, but I’m happy to be the first to: thank you for the amazing design of the first moment you jack in in this game! I love that it changes everything simultaneously, from the music to the nature of the player’s interaction with the game as you’re first given choices. Clicking through an ever-broadening list of gender expressions as the music ramped up was a stellar moment of empowerment that continues to affect how I interact with Netrunner, and also what solidified my sense of comfort that the community would be a positive place to be nonbinary in. Thank you for your work on it!

1 Like