"Will there be anything else sir?" the Jeeves Thread

I am seriously interested in a jeeves based FA deck that uses the remote to protect Jeeves and then scores out of hand.

Midrange madness

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
2x Efficiency Committee (Creation and Control)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]••[/color]
2x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)

Asset (9)
3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]
3x Jeeves Model Bioroids (Salsette Island)

Upgrade (7)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead)
3x Breaker Bay Grid (Breaker Bay)
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (8)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Shipment from MirrorMorph (Core Set)
3x Shipment from SanSan (Second Thoughts) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]

Barrier (3)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) [color=#8A2BE2]☆☆☆[/color]

Code Gate (7)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]
2x Viper (Cyber Exodus)

Sentry (6)
1x Architect (Up and Over) [color=#8A2BE2]☆[/color]
2x Assassin (Data and Destiny)
3x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
11 influence spent (max 15-4☆=11)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Salsette Island

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

I would love some feedback.

1 Like

Already looking at this i would probably cut the breaker bays for another mirrormorph and 2 biotics to score the effeciency out of hand.

Okay, I got almost no sleep last night, so I’m embarassed to ask: how do you score out of hand with this using Jeeves? Jeeves needs you to do the same thing 3 times to gain the click, so IAAA is out of the question, since IAA doesn’t gain you a click to get that extra A. I guess Shipment from MirrorMorph ->SFSS gets you the install and extra click from spending 3 clicks on Operations, but there’s only 2 SFMM in there. What’s Jeeves doing that Biotic doesn’t, other than save you money if you have the agenda and required 2 operations in hand? I feel like there’s something I’m not seeing.

if you see my post after the initial list I realize that and add biotic and another mirrormorph.

psst

Drop the Mirrormorph. Add Subliminal.

14 Likes

A couple Lateral Growth is probably okay in a list like this.

You also might want an Archived Memories or two to set up recurring SfSS and such?

2 Likes

thats such a good idea

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
2x Efficiency Committee (Creation and Control)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]••[/color]
2x Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus)

Asset (9)
3x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]
3x Jeeves Model Bioroids (Salsette Island)

Upgrade (4)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead)
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (11)
1x Archived Memories (Core Set)
2x Biotic Labor (Core Set)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Shipment from SanSan (Second Thoughts) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]
2x Subliminal Messaging (Fear and Loathing)

Barrier (3)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof) [color=#8A2BE2]☆☆☆[/color]

Code Gate (7)
2x Enigma (Core Set)
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) [color=#FF8C00]•••[/color]
2x Viper (Cyber Exodus)

Sentry (6)
1x Architect (Up and Over) [color=#8A2BE2]☆[/color]
2x Assassin (Data and Destiny)
3x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set)
11 influence spent (max 15-4☆=11)
49 cards (min 45)

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Ah, gotcha. Was writing that up when you posted it and didn’t see. Not sure how the deck in on money, since you really only have the 3 Hedge and Adonis. Pop-up helps, SFSS helps, but SSCG and Biotic are expensive, as is Assassin and Ichi.

I know it’s plain, but I’m pretty interested in being able to score an unadvanced 4/2. At the very least, advancing any of HB’s 3/2’s enables you to install a card with the fourth click, activating ETF.

Zeromus, so pro.

2 Likes

I’m using Gagarin to do this with Jeeves, occasionally in naked remotes. It’s been pretty funny so far. The deck isn’t perfect yet, as there’s several versions of it I’m testing, but this is what I’m doing with it so far.

Can I Get That For You, Sir? (Total Recall)

Gagarin Deep Space: Expanding the Horizon (Order and Chaos)

Agenda (9)

Asset (20)

Upgrade (2)

Operation (5)

Barrier (3)

Code Gate (2)

• 2x Viper (Cyber Exodus) ••

Sentry (8)

13 influence spent (max 15-2☆=13)
49 cards (min 45)

2 Likes

so how do we fix the money issue?

that looks good hows it doing?

Pretty well so far, but PolOp makes things hard sometimes. I thought I was being clever dodging an account siphon by dumping 8 credits on a Sealed Vault, but then he spent 8 credits to trash the Vault before access, so I went broke anyhow =P I used Interns to bring the Vault back and sold it to the Product Recall (gaining a click from Jeeves), so it wasn’t the worst, but it’s something to think about.

I haven’t played it against Whizzard yet, and I think that it probably needs to be a 54 card version to be able to do well enough there so I can do the shitty recursion game with Museum (probably would add 2-3 Museums, an Oaktown, and either 1-2 Exec Bootcamps or Tech Startups), but I’m trying to go back to the heady corp days of the 49 card deck, because it physically hurts me to add 5 extra cards.

I also think it might need a touch more money, but it does alright most of the time. It almost certainly needs at least 1 more Public Support, maybe 2, because there are times the deck stalls on 6 points, and it can be hard to find a window to score a 4th agenda. Pub support fixes this problem almost every time I see it.

*Edit: Also, Archer might be terrible here. There’s not any good agenda sac targets, and throwing away a 2-pointer feels bad. Not sure what I’d put in it’s place. Yay Weyland ice!

http://meteor.stimhack.com/decks/tetico3ysR2ZpPiHM/

This is my Jeeves list. It’s fun and good and Dan hates it so what more do you want.

8 Likes

Oh wow, Efficiency Committee triggers Jeeves if you use all 3 counters. That’s, what, a 7 click turn? Plus more if you can trigger Jeeves again, which you can do twice easily with 7 clicks, bringing you to 9, which could trigger Jeeves again for 10 clicks. And that’s without necessarily using a Biotic.

Edit: derp. First time per turn and unique. That’s probably a good thing.

1 Like

jeeves is only first time per turn

2 Likes

I feel like these lists want some way to recur the Shipment from SanSan, since that’s pretty key to The Combo, right?

3 Likes

Will Doubles activate Jeeves’ ability?

For example, if you played Hedge Fund + Blue Level Clearance, you spent 3 clicks doing operations, but you actually only performed 2 actions. (This wasn’t really answered in the ANCUR thread.) I take my cue from the Corp’s basic action card. If you do three of one of those actions listed there, that’s what triggers it, so I would be inclined to say Doubles don’t work. For Doubles, it’s stated as an additional cost in the same way that Melange spends 3 clicks, but you’re only doing one action. (At least, they’re similar.)

What that means to me is that SFSS+Advance will not work for two reasons. One is that you actually only did two actions on your turn. In other words, you did ‘Play an Operation’ and the ‘Advance a card’ action. The second reason is that you spent two clicks doing one thing, and your last click on advancing, which are not the same action.

They sure do! @jakodrako updated the UFAQ today, confirming that the interaction works. Since Jeeves asks only that you spend 3 clicks doing the same thing, not 3 actions, doubles satisfy the requirements (since the additional cost is still a cost toward playing the operation). It’s a surprisingly refreshing and strait forward ruling for a card that could have been a clusterfuck.

6 Likes