Worlds 2015 - Predictions and Useless Banter to Bide Your Time

WTF, Roseville. #winteriscoming

3 Likes

That’s like 10°C in real money right? That’s not too bad!

Bad news in Blighty is fog banks causing cancellations of flight and frowny faces all round. That shizzle needs to clear for tomorrow otherwise Worlds will be half empty through lack of Brits!

8 Likes

Next-generation Weather Forecasting
NBN - Current
Cost 2
"The text boxes on all connections are treated as through they are blank."
Of course we will be predicting heavy fog: our nano-drones are out there seeding it as we speak!

8 Likes

That’s actually warmer than I thought! Won’t have to pack my winter coat after all!

1 Like

Nice, “50” is warmer than currently at home and home too is warmer than expected :slight_smile: and 70 on Wednesday, we don’t have that most of the summer (had around 40F/4C in June on Stockholm Marathon day a few years back, people froze to death…almost)

• packing summer clothes *
1 Like

Whats going on with Stimhackers, casual fun, and the time frame of Thursday (whenever) or Saturday early day? Team thing is on Fri, and I’m only around for that period. Let me be the social butterfly I want to be and let me know where to hang out with the cool kids. XD

Thur, there is the Icebreaker tournament, Thur night I predict a heavy presence at the Raddison hot tub (although a bunch of people - primarily @spags and a bunch of the Brits are catching an orangeball game).

3 Likes

I am part of the NBA group as well. Timberwolves v. Heat on Thursday night.

1 Like

I’ll be looking for some gaming before and after the Netrunner Icebreaker tournament, it looks like most Netrunners have that slot open.

Will you be at the FFG center? I should be there too hopefully.

The main one is open more and is probably better, so I’m planning on being there before and after the Icebreaker tournament.

If you’re around Thursday night and want to play even MORE Netrunner (what’s wrong with you?), you should come hang out with the crazy kids at Mead Hall Games and Comics. $5 gets three rounds of Swiss (it’s our league night, so league members don’t have to pay), and prize support is a summer GNK. 7PM first round.

1425 Lasalle Ave
Minneapolis, MN

6 Likes

If you do decide on going to Mead Hall, plan ahead. It’s a great venue, but parking can be an issue. Bus/train is doable, but will take a while to get there from Roseville. Either way, give yourself plenty of time and be prepared to do some walking.

I’m pretty sure all the cool kids smoke weed in the parking lot. Just don’t get us them confused with the vaping 40k painters. Don’t get me wrong, those guys are cool too; but they don’t know squat about Netrunner.

1 Like

I’m liking this post even though the fact that this is a league night and I won’t be there effectively eliminates me from top 8 contention!

Netrunners who are free on Thursday night should absolutely head down to Mead Hall for this. You can get there in about 15 minutes from FFG. The meta is a great time, people other than me play all sorts of fun decks because the league system incentivizes bringing at least one new ID each week. Also, Mead sells their ANR packs and boxes for a couple of bucks below MSRP.

Note that parking is somewhat limited right at the store, but there’s a metered city lot one block over that should have ample parking.

4 Likes

Not if they’re starting at 7 PM on a weeknight, you can’t! That’s a solid 20-30 minute drive in late rush hour traffic.

Yeah, thinking about the routes, you’re right.

https://twitter.com/VinegaryMink For anyone wanting to follow my progress my Twitter is here. I’ll also update any notable results or stories from the rest of Team UK.

It’s also a decent way to contact me if you’re at Worlds.

6 Likes

Good idea. I’m @doorisajar.

Surprising no-one, @hypomodern :slight_smile:

Come meet/play with us at Mead Hall as per @TheMadjai’s post. It’s PROFESSOR TIME!