Worlds, the Brits are coming

Yes. Even before Web Jogger.

Whoa

X-Wing was sold out when I started the purchase.

Now I feel bad for all the people in the Western Hemisphere who missed out because it’s noon on a Monday.

10 Likes

There were only 7 left when I got mine. So that was close. I really hope no one here missed out.

Just got aroused.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t think anyone in Utah got one :confused: Not anyone that I’ve been able to contact, at least.

1 Like

Yup, that was a bummer for us. Didn’t even have time to hear back from our carpool group in time to buy cause everyone’s working, in a meeting, or at lunch.

From various FB sources I think @maznaz, @Tim, @evilgaz, @imrahil, @Nemamiah, @raveladvice (and me) all got tickets too. British invasion!

2 Likes

For this kind of thing, I’ve found it’s usually better to buy first and ask questions and/or get refunds later.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised if FFG didn’t do refunds

1 Like

Go back and read that third tweet in @hypomodern’s last post again.

They’ll let you refund, but not transfer tickets? That’s pretty lame

I won’t claim to speak for FFG, but I do know from personal experience that Minnesota has very lax scalping laws. Making tickets non-transferable might be the only way they could prevent people from buying multiple tickets to resell.

THIS many Brits??!?

Time to call up Mel.

1 Like

Is that really gonna be a problem for an obscure card games event? I think maybe they just need to have a little bit more faith in people tbh.

An obscure card game event that sold out in 90 minutes? Absolutely. Anything that sells out that quickly will attract scalpers.

Look at how many of their tournament kits just get relisted on ebay for 3 times the original cost.

2 Likes

Yes, assuming they cut to top-16 again (which I expect because it’s FFG). Most people left by then last year. Not sure where you’re flying though. For going to PNW (I’m in Seattle) we left Monday morning last year and that worked fine.

By land, or by sea?

Asking for a friend.

(Don’t worry, I’m actually a loyal subject of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth. Twice over, in fact.)

1 Like

It said tow… not towels…

2 Likes