Worldwide Regional Results

I thought there were 5 IG’s? People took pictures of the breakdown, and I can ask the TO for the info. Besides Gabe Moss who made the top 8, there were definitely a few in range of the cut heading into the final round.

CI was pretty popular I think. EtF also. Lot of Weyland in various flavors. Alex, who finished 2nd, had a pretty sweet Titan deck.

EDIT: and there it is posted above, and less CI than I thought

That is correct. 3 NEH looks like.

There were dozens of people playing DLR at Worlds. There may have been 5 in the Top 16, I believe.

2 Likes

Is it just me, or does the google spreadsheet embed cause everyone else whiplash loading this thread?

2 Likes

Tulsa regional top cut was I believe

1. Mason Hans: Haley/NEH
  2. Sam Suied: Whizzard/Sync
  3. Kevin Dickinson: Whizzard/Sync
  4. Max Brown: Val/ETF
    5/6. CJ Heintz: Whizzard/IG
    5/6. Ross Freitag: Noise/ETF
    7/8. Roger Owens?(I hope I got the name right): Haley/Palana
    7/8. Lucas Li: Whizzard/Neh

yep

5 Likes

Me as well

Yep, 5 IGs in Cambridge (I was the top 8 jerk)… Everyone was teching hard. I went 5-1 with it. 5 of the games were less than 30 min, including a 7 min kill. The long game was against a fellow IGer who generally knew how to deal with it, and it took 45 minutes before I killed him. Then of course with 20 minutes, my whizzard could only get 2 against his IG, and I got a timed win. I’m sure that if he got to corp first, he’d have been in the t8.

Zeromus was undefeated with IG, but kit let him down and he and El-ad knocked each other out in the final round of Swiss.

Decent diversity on the day… I’m told there were 7 different Corp ids in the t8, not sure on the runner side… I think at least 3 whizzards.

2 Likes

Did you play one of the builds that aim to deal damage> runner max hand size in one turn, or an attrition build?

Yes, there were 5 IG’s! I was mistaken.

I think they were distributed pretty evenly across the field, one near the bottom (was seeded low the last couple rounds), one in the top 8 (@captain_frisk I think), and one near the middle (either 5-5 or 6-4, though that record may have nothing to do with IG).

I know my only loss to IG was not a blowout by any stretch, even though I was playing against a much better player than I am. I was decidedly in the game until the end (could have won on R&D access), but blew my chance to Levy by getting greedy/cautious about going down too many cards with the Genetics Pavilion on the board. All my tech cards (Archives Interface, Hades Shard) got hit by net damage, and a Street Peddler took 2 of my Deja Vu’s… The deck is tough, but by no means insurmountable.

1 Like

Both. Pure attrition doesn’t seem like it’s viable in tournament play, based on a trial run at a GNK last weekend, but the pressure that ethics plus hostile pits on the runner is too good to give up.

By far the worst card to play against was employee strike. Net shield and astrolabe were tied for 2nd. Didn’t see any archives interfaces, but I hear they were all over the place.

Cambridge Top 8 was all anarch besides me and @tf34 (Leela and Andy respectively) . I played against Maxx and Noise. Jamie (the TO) said he would send me the breakdowns and final standings once he’s cleaned them up (i.e. end of the week) and I will post them here and on acoo.

3 Likes

This is about the worst possible way to format this information, with totals as far as possible from the IDs. It’s fascinatingly bad.

3 Likes

¯_(ツ)_/¯ I didn’t make it. It does however accurately show the ID combinations.

5 Likes

The nature of pivot tables

1 Like

Well, it lets you see how runners and corps were paired with each other. The extra information isn’t worth the trade-off in clarity, but probably this was just the way the TOs had the data formatted. Here is a simpler format:

Noise 11
Whizzard 10
Leela 6
Kate 5
Andy 4
MaxX 4
Val 3
Jesminder 3
Kit 2
Hayley 2
Adam 1
Gabe 1
Geist 1

ETF 13
Blue Sun 5
IG 5
Titan 4
Palana 4
Gagarin 3
CI 3
NEH 3
Spark 2
RP 2
Haarp 2
PE 2
Sol 2
BABW 1
Argus 1
Sync 1

Also:
Anarch: 30
Shaper: 12
Criminal: 10
Adam: 1

HB: 16
Weyland: 14
Jinteki: 13
NBN: 10

6 Likes

Feels good to know the people who knocked me out ended up being first and second place. While I did make some mistakes in my game against Alex (like not checking archives after he Jackson drew before hitting R&D), his Titan deck was a very interesting mix of of fast advance and kill. That deck could threaten wins in so many different ways it was easy for me to get flustered and panic.

The Cambridge meta does seem to be a bit glacier heavy with not too many dedicated kill or fast advance decks in the field, but that’s been the case for a while. I seemed to have dodged most of the anarchs because I only faced 1 in swiss and my corp game in the top 8 was against @tf34’s Andy deck. Looking at the list, it was 28 Anarchs, 12 Shapers, 12 Criminals, and 1 Adam, so it does seem a bit odd that I played so few anarchs (particularly with there being such a good number of them in the top 8). I also didn’t play any NBN until my second match in the top 8 against an NEH deck; everything else I played was Weyland (titan Hollywood renovations+dedication ceremony & museum Gagarin) and HB (CI & foodcoats).

Granted, I was one of those anarch players; I played Whizzard ICE feast because I haven’t succeeded in making anything better. I’m surprised that NBN wasn’t super present, being only 10 of the 53 corps. My Sol deck (which @BubbaTheGoat kindly posted a link to) is what I played for almost all of the Store Tournament season and has been strong all season. I used to think it only won because no one knew what was in the deck, but I don’t think I’d get this far if the deck on just surprise factor (and I have been improving it as the season went on).

All in all, the matches I played were pretty varied all the way throughout the day and there wasn’t a deck I saw more than twice (though I did play against 2 Andy’s that were kinda similar). I’m interested in how the meta looked at other regionals.

2 Likes

No. 3 from the list reporting in - I had fun meeting lots of new people and playing lots of good games. Shoutouts to TC for hosting a great tournament and to Sam for coaching/deck ideas, and congratulations to Mason for taking Hayley to the top and doing so with a great attitude.

3 Likes

Full data from the Norcal regionals.

7 Likes

NorCal regionals had 8 IG decks in a field of 56, but only 1 made the top 8. I know several people teched against it though, particularly with Archives Interfaces and Net Shield. I was lucky not to have faced any!

I was really happy to see the meta being pretty nicely balanced in NorCal even though I was being part of the problem with my IG and MaxX decks

2 Likes