Worldwide Regional Results

I’ll hit up the TO for Sydney over the weekend and see what I get. What exactly are you looking for; just Top 8 IDs, full field IDs, decklists (caveat that some might not want to share)?

Vienna Regional : Vienna Regional 2016 (Siren Games) - Android Netrunner - Acoo
Köln Regional : German Regionals West 2016 - RPC Cologne - Android Netrunner - Acoo

2 Likes

I’m mainly looking for the following:

• Number of players at the tournament
  • Names and final ranks of the players in the top cut
  • ID pairs of each player in the top cut

Anything beyond that is gravy.

Upon reading this, I just realized that I have the Cologne list. I confused myself due to the different name. But thanks for Vienna! 11 players, hmm…Well, a top cut is a top cut, I suppose.

Ah, I missed this from before. You had 29 players but only did a top 4 cut?

Regionals this weekend (June 4th unless otherwise noted):

• US
  • Atlanta, GA (Stream)
  • New York City, NY (Stream)
  • Chicago, IL
  • Dallas, TX
  • Europe
  • Birmingham UK @ UK Games Expo (June 3rd) (Stream)
  • Leiden, Netherlands
  • Madrid, Spain
3 Likes

Stream for NYC’s regional championship:

4 Likes

Itzehoe had 5 Rounds of Swiss and a Top 4 Cut for 29 players. Combined Standings after the cut:

1. Heinzel SYNC/Whizzard
  2. Marsellus Titan/Noise
  3. Dome NEH/Whizzard
  4. Daniela Sol/Ken Tenma
  5. Ole Haarpsichord/Noise
  6. Bjarne EtF/Ken Tenma
  7. Falk Argus/Kit
  8. Mark NEH/Whizzard
2 Likes

That custom playmat is beautiful. I’d love one, but I just can’t make that trip today :frowning:

I wrote down the results for the Dallas regional (with top 4 pending) and then I forgot it at the store =. Here’s what I can remember.

After Swiss:

1. Greg Feeney @flowerscandrink NEH/Kate
  2. Allen Haas @doomrat Palana/Andromeda
  3. Geoff Pendry @Damien_Stark Palana/Maxx
  4. Max Brown @Asclepius EtF/Valencia
  5. Sam Suied @SamRS SYNC/Whizz
  6. Kevin Dickerson SYNC/Whizz
  7. Andrew Furst Haarp/Kate
  8. Tom Keaton Haley/SYNC

Final

1. Andrew
  2. Sam
  3. Max
  4. Tom
    5/6) Allen
    5/6) Kevin
    7/8) Greg
    7/8) Geoff

Will update with the result of the grand finals. Updated now.

3 Likes

Sam got second, Andrew Furst got 1st. Kevin on Sync I believe

1 Like

I was 7/8th in ATL. Zach, Pacer, and I played almost identical corp decks, going a combined 14-1 on the day. Our lists are here: Astro City Hall's Temple Thingy (8th ATL Regional, variant o · NetrunnerDB

My Andy list is here: jack carvis 4 prez 2016 (8th place ATL regionals) · NetrunnerDB

Really fun tournament, 41 players. Zach ended up taking it! Repeating his stomping of us southeast nerds from last year! One day ATL may win its own regional…

4 Likes

Won IL with Whizz/IG. Legendary reverse Moby in T8 vs @Daine as I won on time with IG (GFI scored). Only played 2 out of 5 rounds of Swiss with no bye used. Props to @spags for a third place finish and always getting under my skin.

6 Likes

Why only 2 rounds of Swiss? & grats

Most likely 3 IDs

1 Like

It kind of seems like everyone would have to be doing really, really bad for you to be able to ID three times total and still make the cut.

1 Like

No, just early sweeps and splitting with very good players with good SoS.

1 Like

IL Regional - 55 players

Swiss:

Finals:
1- Joe Schupp - Whizz/IG
2 - Daine Stevens - Kate/NEH
3 - spags - Whizz/NEH
4 - Daniel Cook - Whizz/NEH
5 - Greyson Inman - MaxX/NEH
6 - Andrew Webber - Whizz/NEH(?)
7 - Asher Stuhlman - MaxX/NEH
8 - Rob Wiley - Whizz/IG

2/5 Swiss is kinda absurd.

5 Likes

Seems risky to split round 3, but I’m apparently not that good at gaming the tournament structure =P Grats on the win, and the epic timed IG win. That must have been a game for the ages ^^

On a different topic, basically every tournament winner was playing Mumbad City Hall in their decks! Card’s good, people.

Asher almost made the cut playing 2 games. Josh Wilson made him play last round.

2 Likes

I can’t be the only one that thinks that ID’ing makes me want to go to events less, can I? I mean, what’s the point of doing your best and trying hard if you’re just going to lose to people who don’t actually play the game?

10 Likes