Worldwide Regional Results

Yeah, you pretty much have to be on the subscription list to find any cards there. I think they got burned by some dead stock that never moved, and just do it by orders/subs.

The Deep in Huntsville worked with us and I was really happy with the results. We paid for the kit and a few prints, then 75% of what was left went to store credit. The store credit ended up being almost $300 for a 29 person tournament paying out at least $15 to each of the top 8 with $100 for first. Everyone also received 2 SoT. Entry fee was $20.

3 Likes

This deck uses 3 Clone Chips with just 1 Parasite, 1 Clot and 2 D4v1ds as possible targets, is recurring those really worth spending 9 influence?

Game Kastle in Mountain View, for the NorCal regionals, gave away the prize kit, plus about $300 in store credit IIRC, plus raffling off a ton of old playmats and alternate art cards as door/attendance prizes. Entry fee was $15, with ~56 players. Probably a small profit, but not much.

A lot of the store credit was $5 cards though, which people either didn’t use, or used on purchases they probably wouldn’t have made if they didn’t get store credit. Store credit that’s less than $15 is more ‘brilliant sales technique’ than actual prize.

Also the old playmats were donated by Noah McKee, they weren’t provided by the store. It was a fun event, I have no real complaints, but they weren’t being especially generous.

It’s still better than no support at all

2 Likes

Just one regional today, in Rochester, NY! Anyone going?

Last year the Metairie, LA regional was $20 and first place got a brand new ipad. That was pretty cool. Turnout was only low 30s.

2 Likes

@anon50033301 won and @Halarith came in second. @Netjogging came in 4th. @d1en also topped 8’d.

Good show all around

5 Likes

@Netjogging THATS MAH BOI!

Halarith was piloting @SimonMoon’s HBFA with Jeeves.

3 Likes

Attendance was 41 by the way (45 last year). More importantly, not a single IG deck.

As far as you could see were people packing Slums or Employee Strike?

Also, was Jeeves common? (Out of HB or any other factions?)

Everyone was packing 3 of each so just give up on gaga and play a real deck

17 Likes

I think the Slums fear is more real than the actual slotting of the card

1 Like

Need a deck name “Slum of all Fears”.

16 Likes

We have winner right here!

I played 1x Slums and 2x Scrubber in my Hayley deck in case of IG. Since there weren’t any, I didn’t end up installing Slums even once all day. Scrubber still came in handy though. I think 2 of the other 3 guys from Ottawa were also packing one Slums.

I saw a lot of employee strike (glad i didn’t bring CI), and a bunch of people had 1x slums. I only installed slums once against team sponsorship neh.

A jeeves deck made finals, but I didn’t see any others. Lots of palana.

Half the top 8 at Portland were on IG, I actually managed to beat one as MaxX in the top 8! I ended up finishing 5th/6th, who won Pittsburgh and with what deck?

4 Likes