2015 European Nationals Info

Capped? sad times.

Well, it’s not THAT bad :smiley:
They do 2 swiss-only qualifiers the days before and the top 10 of each and the winners of the german regionals get slotted into that 32 players tournament.

fair enough, I like the sounds of that.

1 Like

…and there we are, getting a fucking dance hall to make sure we have enough open slots for X-Wing’s Day 1.

For the Nationals that still need to be held: can we get an upfront clarification on which packs will be legal, if this info was not available yet?

Nordic Championship (Nationals event), cards up to and including The Underway (source: organizer).

Bla bla bla, why would anyone non-German care, we are not allowed there so we don’t really care what you do with your nats :stuck_out_tongue: (I’m joking, obviously salty about not being allowed to particiapate)

1 Like

Yeah beeing told by email to have your passport ready for the event just feels wrong. I still dont get why they doing it.

Slovak Nationals: definitely Old Hollywood, unknown about Universe of Tomorrow yet (legality decided by availability on the first week of September).

1 Like

German nationals: Up to The Underway. Old Hollywood won’t be legal (I know, who cares)

I am quite upset about the whole organization of the German nationals. Last year was pretty bad already, this year is probably going to be a lot worse. Personally, I will most likely not attend the German nationals next year and rather travel somewhere else for Netrunner. (Don’t get me wrong, I like most of the community in Germany, it’s the publisher that let me question organized play in Germany every time tournaments are announced.)

6 Likes

Agree 100% to what ff0x said.

Not to mention the way they communicate on their forum … You ask for a simple clarification and they first don’t answer at all and then very rude. So if you Americans think FFG’s organized play is bad, you should visit Germany sometime.

You should all boycott the Nationals (next year, people probably are too invested already this year) and try to get a big following in that, for all the reasons you mention and for the reason that foreigners are not allowed. I don’t think you will have trouble finding other Nats close enough by. Send a bunch of signatures to the publisher and hope for it to have an impact :smile:

Polish nationals details, scroll for english
Facebook event

How many of you brits actually ended up being able to attend Nordics?

4 I think.

Better yet, just hold your own National tournament the day before. Then you can send a couple token ringers to the “real” National to scoop the winning Worlds pass for whoever won the previous day.

1 Like

Spanish nationals confirmed:

Madrid - 12/09/2015

Prizes seems to be halved down (only 4 playmats, only 8 sets of tokens) and trip only aviable for spanish players. they’re going to pay 1/2 trip if we reach 30 ppl, full trip if we are 60 or more. Also they have raised the inscription 5 bucks (25 euros registration fee).

The shop hosting the tourney is kinda small, but in a very good centric area of Madrid. The problem is they cant host a 60++ ppl tourney there… Hope they rent a bigger local for Nationals.

Just found out we are playing Top 34 with 6 rounds and top 8 cut instead of top 32 5 rounds cause the heidelberger forgot to include the winners of swiss and austria regionals. It was announced yesterday.

On Friday, they announced it was a communication error. Netrunner was played with 32, only X-Wing was played with 34.

3 Likes

Does anyone know which cards will be legal at the dutch nationals?