2015 European Nationals Info

I took second in the end at Dutch Nationals. Losing twice to the champion in Top8 with HBFA vs his Kate. Kate just goes through HBFA like hot knife through butter… :frowning:

Noise is awesome, playing with it almost exclusively for a year was worth it :smiley:

Decklists if someone cares:

Noise: http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/xEXHDf3avbEf5Yg43/

HBFA: http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/RTcMbQxFRRrwXyNvL/

Noise went with just one defeat in total tournament (last round of swiss). However, I’m not happy with the amount of times I had to draw for my combo. Like 1-2 click for draw for 5-6 turns until it pops up. I’m putting in 2 Injects instead of 2 shehs. The quicker I get the combo the quicker is rest of money irrelevant.

HB lost two games in swiss, and two in Top8. I think I don’t know how to play HBFA well. Or there’s just no place for it at the moment. Clot is everywhere, best runners have imp or huge piles of cash and can trash your assets freely unless you protect them. I’m definitely switching some things around for something like this:

http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/Jps5dRH6tjsLr9Gui

A bit more stable economy, less trashable (because trashable needs to be protected against both Noise and Kate) stuff, more cheaper ice (Viktor 1) and crisiums.

I believe this deck today would fare better.

5 Likes

So I’m guessing the Belgians have taken home a total of 3 nationals then?

I hope that Kephalopode won.

4 Likes

Yes, he won the tournament.

2 Likes

@busti screwed up in top4 by running aimlessly against blue sun and then died to a sea/scorch/scorch when he was at 5-0

Gz for your 2nd place!
In my experience Kate actually was one of the easier matchups for HBFA, because you have so much must trash stuff, that she runs out of steam at some point.

And may I suggest switching your Plascretes to IHW for Noise? In kill matchups it protects you and against faster decks you can use it as draw to find your combo pieces.

If only there were a decent Corp deck to play!

5 Likes

Gaah so close for the Belgians. :frowning:

Dutch Nats was a wonderful tournament. Had great, intense games all day against top-notch players.

1 Like

Do you have any videos of this matchup? I won once when the Kate player (he was top seed after Swiss) was seriously low on econ, I was able to run through both adonis campaign and eve campaign fully, and I had double tollbooth as a scoring remote. Only then was I able to keep Kate poor. Otherwise, they just keep me poor by trashing all my assets, and they just have much more money. When I’m poor I can’t rush and then they can easily draw more and get more money.

As I said, it is quite possible that I suck at that matchup - and possibly HBFA in general :smiley:

[quote]And may I suggest switching your Plascretes to IHW for Noise? In kill matchups it protects you and against faster decks you can use it as draw to find your combo pieces.
[/quote]
In theory yes, but I’m not a huge fan of IHW for some reason :persevere:

2 Likes

Fully agree! I have 2-3 different runner decks I’d enjoy playing, but none corp :frowning:

If you quit playing noise, I will play CI again

2 Likes

We screwed up and ended at places 4-5-6-7.

I will remember the crowd going “OOOHHH” when Kephalopode shows me R&D still has like 7 agenda’s in 11 cards when he scored out the NAPD. First loss was a fact! Damn myself for discarding medium to faust in the early game :smile:

Had a blast yesterday! And some very funny games like vs Rembrandt and @zwobot. Great laughs :smiley:

1 Like

Had a great time, was fun meeting all of you (again). Places 5 through 13 were all at 16 points…I had the worst SoS from those, so no cut for me, sadly.

Ps. Running into Archer with Faust is pretty horrible.
Pps. Film Critic is bonkers…in a lot of matchups

Got all agendas, Jackson and architect being milled with 20 cards left in the deck, 6pts, rezzed Sansan and astro token is also pretty terrible ;). I don’t think you can complain about this game :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw that game and you played it very well imo. That naked ABT after Architect fire was a crucial point I believe.

Thing with the Kate matchup is, if you can pressure her into checking your annoying remote constantly, then she’s playing your game and you’re probably winning. PvP Kate is not made to be running constantly so she will be running out of steam at some point. If she ignores the remote at key moments, however, and goes for RnD, it gets a lot harder. It’s very tough defending two fronts at the same time.

3 Likes

I’m not! Your draws were pretty unlucky in both our games. Although drawing 17 for two clicks as CT was certainly something I had never seen before. Sadly it was too late.

I was referring to an Archer in my game against Rembrandt, which I had to break with Faust, only to get hit by Sea Source, Scorched.

Did someone accidently took a german pawnmat home? Mine got lost during the topcut

He died only to Sea/scorch no 2nd scorch needed, what i realised after counting my credits for the third time and was deciding to not pull of the combo of too few moneys for the 2nd scorch, man was i tired.

Was fun spending time with you at the table, thanks!

Against Kate, most corps’ (including EtF) gameplan is to spam out agendas and stuff with trash costs as fast as possible to overwhelm her economy before she can find all her prepaids, visages and contacts. Watching @vinegarymink play against Kate at the UK nats really opened my eyes in that regard. For example, this game is really instructive. Pay attention to how he is not trying to lock Kate out of his centrals, but is happy with making single-access runs unprofitable. Also, compare how often he clicks for cards and how often for credits (he got lucky there by drawing lots of econ TBH).

That said, the Kate matchup is still a struggle. But isn’t it for every corp? :slight_smile:

1 Like