2015 European Nationals Info

Argamas is a lying punk. They don’t just let you have their beers and womenfolk, they let you win to boost your confidence too. My runner deck last year was sucking so bad, I think it was trying for a Dyson sponsorship, and Argamas was the only one who let me have a 2-0 round :wink:

1 Like

Foxyman is twice as big as Stiv and Irish, I had no other options… :scream::scream::scream:

I managed to get a ticket to UK nats.

It’s certainly tempting, but money will be the limiting factor to attending too many. It would be nice to make it up for dropping against you in the SSCI though.

1 Like

I think it would be nice to let us go see the world a bit :stuck_out_tongue: June or September seems the best option.

1 Like

:smile: yeah hit me more!!!lol, yep it’s sure and realist that like last year german will be more than in france but we will gonna have some very good players, me( :smiley:), beal2912,calimsha,mr mint, and it’s sure that all the best french players will be present :grinning:

Sadly I probably won’t participate to the French one :frowning: . It’s too far from where I live for a 2 days event. I wanted to go to the German national instead but it seems this is no longer an option. I guess I will only attend to the Belgian and the Dutch ones. ^^

Same here. France is a (big) maybe :frowning: . So our own nationals and the Dutch one.

New unofficial date for Belgian national 21 June (one week after the regional of Liege/Luik).

Hey everyone.
I have a ticket for the UK National, on 30th May, in Birmingham, at the UK Games Expo. I’m trying to sell my ticket, but under some special circumstances… Basically, I really don’t want to miss out on the door prize. I know there are some people doing multiple nationals here, so if anyone wanted a ticket, I would be happy to give you my ticket for free in exchange for the door prize. There’d be someone I know who could take the card off you. Any takers?

I should have information about potential Finnish Nationals this week. The date would be early September most likely.

That sounds great. I am planning to re-visit Helsinki soon, and planning to do it around the National tournament.

I’m personally only currently attending the Nordic one. France was a possibility, but without the chance for a trip to Worlds, it just doesn’t seem worth it. I would very much consider attending a Nationals in Italy, especially if close to Rome.

Visiting Switzerland/Belgium/etc. doesn’t sound bad either. Looking forward to more info.

Switzerland is represented in the German Nationals (Austria too).

Chance for a Czech or Slovakia Nationals?

Oh, yes. Right.

Possibly - get back to me in 6 weeks, I’ll know more.

1 Like

Any chance the Czech one would be in Prague ? It’s one of the city I seriously consider to visit this summer and it would be nice to do it with my cards in the backpack. ^^

The Czechs have nowhere near enough of a player population to support their own Nationals - so far it looks like there are more active players in Bratislava alone than in the entire CZ.

Basically, any Nats we’d have would have to incorporate at least 3 countries to get anywhere near “makes sense to do it in the first place” territory. That mostly rules Prague out on geographical grounds (and also because both Germany and Poland have their own Nats already).

But hey, if you’re backpacking around Europe, stop by - we play a crap-ton of Netrunner and you might even hit a tournament :stuck_out_tongue:

When my trip will be reasonably planned I’ll come back to you for more info on this particular topic :wink:

1 Like

@Jander and @MrMint (and possibly @Korrigan) , some more info just came in:

• The Czech Republic will only have Nationals in A Game of Thrones (taking place in Prague)
  • Slovakia will have Nationals in X-Wing, WH40k: Conquest and Android: Netrunner (taking place in Bratislava)
  • Due to our smaller player population, it looks like a paid trip to Worlds for the winner is out of the question. Discussion on how to compensate with regards to the prizes is ongoing - copious amounts of store credit presumed
  • Date to be determined, for now assuming mid-late August (possibly early September)
  • Probably a two-day event for each of them, again depending on the number of attendees (and using our regionals in the respective games as a gauge)

That’s all I have so far, will update as stuff finalizes.

8 Likes

Thanks a lot to let me know :slight_smile:

Late august will be difficult for me but It would be nice to see what eastern Europe has to offer gaming wise. :smile:

The TO for Belgium told me that the Belgian national will be the 5th of July. He will announce it soon.