[Blue Sun] Bootcamp Glacier

yeah, currently it’s 2x Oaktown, 2x Atlas, 2x NAPD, 1x Pri Req, 1x Eden Fragment, 1x Corporate War. I’m trying out both Ash and OHW otherwise the 3 pointers would be GFI’s.

Frankly you could probably get away with 3x Oaktown or 3x Atlas instead of the Corp War.

1 Like

But how are you going to win against Kate (or any Runner slotting Film Critic) with OHG?

1 Like

Eh, Film Critic is one meta card. That they don’t have any way to tutor for. OHG shouldn’t be a crutch that you need to have down to score any agenda, and you’re lost without. You can hold it in your hand to guarantee that last point. You can leave it on R&D/HQ to protect against that first Maker’s Eye / Legwork.

The real question is how can you make PPVP Kate (a deck more focused on targeted runs) repeatedly run through your Curtain Walls, Wormholes, Hives, etc…?

If Blue Sun takes off after D&D (good chance) I think Kate playing a Crescentus might be enough of a shift to swing the matchup a good 15% back in Kate’s favor.

1 Like

Anyone playing Crescentus + Clone Chip really craps all over Blue Sun’s economy, I’ve found. Criminal is probably worst at it because of their breakers, and even that feels super strong against BS.

I can imagine that Public Support helps there. Scoring an Atlas without a token becomes way more threatening if the Corp does not need to IAA a 5/3 to win, and BS should be able to shove something into their super-taxing remote every other turn.

I guess BlueSun just can’t live without power shutdown.

1 Like

My experience with OHG has been terrible. Kate finds a FC, Kate plays a FC. One credit and one click to potentially neuter a chunk of defensive influence just doesn’t have consistency unless you build for it with an EBC + Contact Killer. Kate is BS hardest matchup, so while OHG makes tier 2 matchups better/more consistent, you’re playing with fire to run a defensive upgrade that doesn’t actually prevent access like Caprice or Ash. If you play CK, I can see it being pretty bitchin’ though.

2 Likes

http://netrunnerdb.com/bundles/netrunnerdbcards/images/cards/en/07024.png

1 Like

The real question is, was Weyland designed as the combo faction, because among other things Twins and Tour Guide make me think yea :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Interesting idea with Tour Guide, can’t you rez an asset after they break a sub to force them to use another Lady counter since it’s all one paid ability window? Also trolls Morning Star.

This is (falsely) assuming they won’t just Parasite it.

1 Like

You can’t rez non-ice cards at step 3.1. Also, Tour Guide is a Sentry.

2 Likes

Right. I always forget that rez != paid ability. Also I just assume any Weyland ICE is a barrier.

Not the worst assumption one can make. :wink:

What sort of changes are people making until D&D becomes legal?

I took @bblum’s RIP EBC / FOODCAMP list and came up with this:

Agenda (10)

2x Corporate War
2x NAPD Contract
3x Oaktown Renovation
3x Project Atlas

Asset (8)

1x Adonis Campaign ••
2x Executive Boot Camp
3x Jackson Howard •••
2x Public Support

Upgrade (5)

2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••••
2x Crisium Grid
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite

Operation (8)

3x Hedge Fund
2x Interns
3x Oversight AI

Barrier (8)

1x Changeling
3x Curtain Wall
2x Hive
2x Spiderweb

Code Gate (5)

2x Datapike
2x Tollbooth ••••
1x Wormhole

Sentry (3)

1x Ichi 1.0 ••
3x Caduceus

Multi (1)
1x Orion

GFIs turned into a second NAPD and 2x Corporate Wars, Assassin turned into a Changeling and an Ichi 1.0 (using GFI’s influence), and the Launch Campaign became a second Bootcamp. Lost Restructure for the extra Agenda slot. I think running 5/3s in this deck that aren’t GFI is maybe a mistake as you want to force the runner to steal 4 times. Not exactly sure how the math works out running 10 vs 9 agendas.

I also stuck with Wormhole and lost the Meru Mati. Not sure on that call though.

Blue Sun: Powering the Future (Up and Over)

Agenda (10)
1x Priority Requisition (Core Set)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)
2x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
1x The Future is Now (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Asset (9)
1x Adonis Campaign (Core Set) ••
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) •••
2x Executive Boot Camp (All That Remains)
1x Corporate Town (Chrome City)
2x Public Support (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Upgrade (4)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) ••••
1x Crisium Grid (First Contact)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (8)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Oversight AI (A Study in Static)
2x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
1x Interns (Mala Tempora)

Barrier (6)
2x Curtain Wall (True Colors)
2x Hive (Double Time)
1x Meru Mati (Breaker Bay)
1x Spiderweb (The Underway)

Code Gate (5)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) ••••
2x Enigma (Core Set)
1x Datapike (Creation and Control)

Sentry (7)
1x Ichi 1.0 (Core Set) ••
1x Archer (Core Set)
1x Hunter (Core Set)
3x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
1x Orion (Order and Chaos)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Universe of Tomorrow

This is what I played last Sat. Now that since you don’t want to score 3/5 at all, you have the luxury to put in a 1pt as the back up plan for public support. It’s also good on finding OAI Curtain since I’m only running 2. Finding Booth is also something great.
It can still beat criminals eaily if you don’t randomly let them top deck the only pri-req or get super flooded against HQI Gangsign Leela. Its anarch mu gets improved a little bit. Looking forward to more testing. (with food though)

Hunter is a good ice.

4 Likes

I brougt the corptown verison bootcamp to a GNK yesterday.
crushed a normal Andy (without multithreader ofc)
crushed a DRL Andy
crushed a Noise with Wyldside+Pancake combo turn1.

but bad news guys, after the tournament, I tested this matchup against @thebigunit3000 and his newly updated Val DLR deck with David and corroder.
I rushed out an agenda early, have corptown in hand, but there is no window for me to make sure corptown get to stay for more than 1 turn.
Rez it to trash DLR then get trashed by blackmail next turn is not very good I think, he can just have another copy saved in hand, trashing liberated with corptown may worth a short when he tried to keep himself at 0 by the end of his turn (because 2 drug dealer)
In the end, I waited for so long and he milled my entire deck. I got a very bad draw but to beat that deck, you probably need a very comfortable draw with crisium/multiple OAI+CW, econ and bootcamp.

that said , 2crisium, 1corptown, 2bootcamp and a Mills should be the way to go!
Then you probably will never win Kate again :< .
Maybe we should pick up ITD and corptown together :smiley:?

4 Likes

World’s plaza get em both runnin

If it’s called “win more” that means it must be good right? I like winning, so winning more sounds great!

5 Likes

I can see how a pure glacier has a very difficult matchup against DLR. Would you consider running scorch? Kill the paparazzi with corporate town, scorch with the remaining tags from account siphon/joshua b? At least that is my theoretical plan with my Titan build.