[Blue Sun] Bootcamp Glacier

In the dream, yeah. Beanstalk may have succeed but World Plaza will never

I always think trashing paparazzi then kill them is the best happy ending. Iā€™d love to see you doing that next time =)
But does Val also have Utopia shard?

Unfortunately I couldnā€™t figure out a reasonable build to fit in some kill package in BlueSun. But after all, it is only Blackmail that hoses me from doing anything :wink: and Iā€™m a big fan of Lady Mills

Blue Sun: Powering the Future

20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Underway
Agenda Agenda (9)

2x NAPD Contract
2x Oaktown Renovation
2x Priority Requisition
3x Project Atlas
Asset Asset (6)

1x Adonis Campaign ā€¢ā€¢
2x Executive Boot Camp
3x Jackson Howard ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
Upgrade Upgrade (4)

2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
2x Crisium Grid
Operation Operation (11)

3x Hedge Fund
2x Interns
3x Oversight AI
3x Restructure
Barrier Barrier (8)

2x Curtain Wall
3x Hive
2x Meru Mati
1x Spiderweb
Code Gate Code Gate (5)

2x Datapike
2x Lotus Field ā€¢ā€¢
1x Tollbooth ā€¢ā€¢
Sentry Sentry (5)

3x Caduceus
2x Swordsman ā€¢ā€¢
Multi Multi (1)

1x Orion

here is my build to beat the meta !

what do you think ?

At first glance I guess Iā€™d say that Lotus Field doesnā€™t do enough vs either Cyber Cypher in Kate or Faust in Noise to be worth including 2 copies. Iā€™d rather just have 2 copies of Tollbooth and make the other one either a Wormhole or an Assassin. This has the dual benefit of both giving yourself better ice against more runners as well as giving yourself more plentiful Oversight AI targets.

As for Swordsman, itā€™s basically useless against everyone except Faust Noise. The problem with it vs Faust Noise is that they run Clone Chips, which can just recur it back up again if they need it, and the fact that it only has 2 strength, which makes it an excellent Parasite target, especially against Blue Sun, where it can be harder to find good parasite targets. Having 2 Interns makes this a little less worse, since you can recur the Swordsman, but then you run against the fact that most Noise are playing Mimic as well as Faust, funnily enough more for Architect than Swordsman. Again, it just doesnā€™t seem to do enough. And thatā€™s vs the faction that itā€™s best in. Vs Kate itā€™s practically blank, and thatā€™s the deck where Blue Sun needs to be at itā€™s most taxing, since Kate can get into practically anything in the late game, and you really need all of your ice to be taking as many credits from her as possible. Having an ice where she can literally just walk through and not really care is pretty detrimental. Criminal isnā€™t as much of a thing atm, but they donā€™t even carry AI breakers, so itā€™s basically a 3 rez 1-net damage ice. So in the best matchup for Swordsman, itā€™s still not very good, and in all other cases itā€™s kinda crap, unfortunately.

I suppose I should have asked before tearing it apart: you say you built it to beat the metaā€¦ how is it doing in your meta? Have you done any sort of testing?

1 Like

Agreed on the lotus field feedback. Second booth is better. Swordsman does have 2 str though, not 1. But Cad is already gear checking for Mimic so Iā€™m not sure how effective Swordsman would be.

Oh, well shit! Lemme edit my comment. That way NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW OF MY MISTAKE. Unless they read your comment, or this one.

NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW.

3 Likes

Not to pile on, but Iā€™ve found swordsman to be disappointing as well. It only works early against Faust (because every fauster runs mimic), and if the stars align and it fires then itā€™ll only slow the runner slightly.

I strongly advise more spiderweb. Faust hate and lady taxer all in one.

Some Noise runs only Faust, no Mimic. But even then they have Parasite, and at worst they can Clone Chip back Faust.

Agreed swordsman is disappointing.

Does this do anything against noise nowadays? Am a refugee from Scorchsun after everyone and their mom started packing 2/3 plascretes to deal with the bullshit 24/7 Haarpsicombo decks. Am particularly interested in decks leveraging Public support/corptown/archer.

4 Likes

If you can get a CorpTown up and running against Noise, you have a fantastic shot. The issue is getting there fast enough.

I think corptown pulls a lot of weight against noise although I havenā€™t tested it enough. I did test some with maxx, who gets totally wrecked. Noise at least still has you on a clock though.

I couldnā€™t decide between 2 and 3 public support and apparently am presently on 2. (Itā€™s been a while.) I donā€™t actually mind saccing a real agenda to it in anarch matchups because the game slows to a crawl. But maybe for noise that would still be too slow.

2 Likes

So hereā€™s a variant on the Bootcamp Glacier deck that Iā€™ve been playing off and on for a few months. The Noise matchup can still feel like an RNG factory, but the Kate matchup is actually okay. Noise is still doable, due to Bootcampā€™s larger than average Jackson density, but doesnā€™t hold many tools over the standard Bootcamp list.

Largely, this grew out of a desire to see the Hollywood Renovation agenda work in a playable deck. What I really wanted to get to work was the ability to IAA Hollywood during a scoring window, then next Biotoc, install Atlas, and burst up 5 points in a single turn. As with all combos, the problem with this plan of action is getting the combo in hand at the same time where you actually have a window to fire it off.

Original versions of the deck played 3x Hollywood and 2x Biotic, but keeping runners out without something like Ash was next to impossible, and playing three 3-point agendas that arenā€™t named The Future Perfect is a hard thing to do and still feel safe. I also played a lot of advanceable ICE in order to maximize value on Hollywood, but as we all know, most advanceable ice is either way too slow/expensive for what it does (Asteroid Belt) or just plain bad (Lycan). So most of those are gone. What worked best for the deck was a Bootcamp Glacier shell, modified for the agenda suite, the needed Biotic, and additional tutors.

Anyhow, hereā€™s the deck.

Hollywood Explosion

Blue Sun: Powering the Future (Up and Over)

Agenda (10)

Asset (8)

Upgrade (3)

Operation (10)

Barrier (9)

Code Gate (4)

Sentry (4)

Multi (1)

• 1x Orion (Order and Chaos)

15 influence spent (max 15)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Universe of Tomorrow

Atlas counters and The Future is Now are a great way to find pieces of the combo, and 2 Atlas counters is how I prefer to score my first agenda in an ideal world. This allows me to fire off the combo any time after I get 1 piece of it in my hand. Running 2 1-pointers and 2 Public Support make Archer a fairly good inclusion again in a deck that doesnā€™t want to run Hostile Takeovers, and rezing it rarely feels hard. Getting Noise to use David counters on a Curtain Wall only to faceplant into an Archer is a very good feeling.

I was torn on whether NAPD or Oaktown Renovation was the better fit, but an agenda that the runner has a harder time scoring on top of an Ash has generally seemed better in this deck, plus itā€™s hard to make an Atlas look like an NAPD when you arenā€™t running them.

So, downsides over regular Bootcamp:
-the 3-pointers arenā€™t named Global Food Initiative
-No Crisium
-Less rich due largely to agenda suite

Upsides:
-More tutoring for set pieces
-Can score 5 points at once
-Has the ability to Biotic an Atlas if necessary

Not really enough of an upside to really be an upside, but cool fact that I like:
-If you go from 2 points to 7 points in 1 turn, Hive keeps at least 3 subs all game long

Anyhow, thatā€™s my pet project. Lemme know what you think.

1 Like

thanks for your explanations. My meta is heavy parasite and faust

Cool idea, though the set up seems a little too ā€œwhen it worksā€ considering Kate will clot that Atlas Biotic if you manage to get enough tempo to score a 3-pointer. How has it played against Kate so far?

If she has a way on the table to recur or fetch Clot, it makes the combo harder to pull off. The last two points are always the hardest to pull off against her. Itā€™s one of the reasons I made the deck less combo reliant than previous versions. It can just play a normal game of Netrunner and do fairly well, but it also has the option of just winning, given the right circumstances. It definitely does have a ā€œwhen it worksā€ aspect to it, but the Biotic gives a lot of other scoring options aside from the combo that I think it still feels fairly powerful. Iā€™d even say that probably around 60%-ish of the games I donā€™t end up getting and using the combo. Most of the early games I lost while figuring the deck out I lost to trying too hard to pull it off and not just taking scoring windows that were presented to me when I didnā€™t have all the pieces assembled.

Have just built this:

HoTay Camp

Blue Sun: Powering the Future (Up and Over)

Agenda (11)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) [color=#708090]ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
3x Hostile Takeover (Core Set)
2x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)
1x The Future is Now (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Asset (9)
1x Adonis Campaign (Core Set) [color=#8A2BE2]ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
2x Elizabeth Mills (Second Thoughts)
1x Executive Boot Camp (All That Remains)
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) [color=#FF8C00]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢[/color]
2x Public Support (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Upgrade (2)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) [color=#8A2BE2]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢[/color]

Operation (10)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Interns (Mala Tempora)
3x Oversight AI (A Study in Static)
3x Restructure (Second Thoughts)

Barrier (7)
1x Changeling (Up and Over)
3x Curtain Wall (True Colors)
2x Meru Mati (Breaker Bay)
1x Spiderweb (The Underway)

Code Gate (5)
3x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) [color=#FF8C00]ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢[/color]

Sentry (5)
1x Archer (Core Set)
3x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
1x Grim (Opening Moves)
15 influence spent (max 15)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Point is to minimize the number of scores you need to do, and to have as many easy scores as possible. Itā€™s a more rushy glacier; slightly high variance because of OAI/Curtain Wall, but ideally most agendas in this deck should find you money to keep the tempo going.

Going to try it out at my next meetup and tell you how it goes.

3 Likes

With all your tutoring seems like the CVS might have a chance to have already been installed somewhere (the Hollywood remote, maybe). Then you could combo through clot. Has that come up?

Yeah, CVS has been pretty nice. Most of the time itā€™s just a nicety for clearing virus counters, but thereā€™s been a couple games where Iā€™ve used it to fire off the combo, usually looking like a remote upgrade. Itā€™s fun to bluff as an ash as well in situations where theyā€™d otherwise be able to get in, if Iā€™m feeling ballsy.

guess Iā€™ll just post it here, got the No.1 weyland at worlds with 11-5 and 30th place in the end. :grin: :worried:

BlueSun only got 5-3 though, the 3 games I dropped were all at huge pairing disadvantage and worst rounds ( round 1-3 )
I never complained about pairing before but employee strike and archive interface in noise is too strong and how can you expect facing that all day when your deck is at a good spot fighting Kate and dlr Val =[

But anyway, Glacier Sun is the BEST SUN!

17 Likes

Ouch! That card really ruins Blue Sun, especially Blue Sun glacier where youā€™re not running Hostile Takeover. I really donā€™t know how you win once that goes down unless you get incredibly lucky.

1 Like