[Blue Sun] Bootcamp Glacier

That moment when you have a pack of hippies sitting in some crap off-campus apartment and getting to evict them so that you can remake Oakland into the jewel it really is - almost makes going to executive boot camp worth it. The sad look on their face is as good as blowing the whole block up.

Corp Town - every Weyland deck forever.

4 Likes

Im personally a fan of Ms. Lizzy Mills when it comes to gentrifying Anarch hang outs.

She is mostly just anti Val card
As for resource trashing, 1badpub is much worse than sac 1agenda, IMO.
Tollbooth only taxing 2 is a nightmare :pensive:

Ms. Mills is only good at screwing up Noise and other anarchs who donā€™t use money on real runs. RegAss Anarchs thank you for the free bad pub and start wrecking your shit, especially when you donā€™t run Scorchy Scorches.

I use Ms. Mills as a Bad Pub removal engine.

1 Like

You can always blow up their Earthrise Hotels. :smile:

1 Bad Pub for 6 cards/4 credits (which ever way you want to look at it) is a BAD trade.

Its defensible if theyā€™re setting up and have trouble getting their econ rolling. Obviously your next plan of action is finding either another copy of Lizzy or you Interns her back to remove the BP. Then again its much easier making disrespctful plays against a Reg Ass Anarch trying to set up.

Sure, if youā€™re recurring Lizzy or have mulitple Lizzies, itā€™s a lot better. But Iā€™d never pop Lizzy to blow sometihng up against RegAss anarch unless I have another Lizzy (or a bootcamp) in hand or Iā€™m on 5 pts and about to win etc.

1 Like

Lizzy Mills is @gh0st_b1rdā€™s dream girl. Itā€™s a bit disturbing honestlyā€¦

If you use lizzy to trash stuff against Noise itā€™s basicly a gamble. You dont know whether they have another copy of wildside or aesops in hand. It sucks hard if 2 turns later they just install another copy and enjoy the bad pub. With corp town they just canā€™t install anything before they get rid of it.

Also, Intern is a card too good for card like Mills. I donā€™t think it worth it and itā€™s a 2-card combo plus getting stuck in hand for right timing. BlueSun already has enough cards that you have to hold.

I loves Mills too, but now you can play public support with her on it. So no hard feelings taking her out :wink:

2 Likes

I have since KoS cut Lizzy from my deck. It is now the most vanilla glacier deck out thereā€¦

Soā€¦ possibly back in the meta, now that Kate is about to get knocked down?

Has anyone experimented with dropping Adonis for a third Ash, and then running only Launch Campaigns and no Bootcamps? Slightly less cash, but more reliable.

The problem Iā€™ve always had with Launch Campaigns instead of Ash is that Adonis both pays faster and is less click intensive to bounce, bring back. That one less credit and having to bounce / reinstall a turn earlier felt awful to me. And you just canā€™t plan to let it trash, because otherwise youā€™ll have to burn more slots with additional Launch Campaignsā€¦ and I just canā€™t find them.

I wouldnā€™t want to drop the EBCs - I frequently use them to grab a Corp Town / save-me-now-Jackson. And they are useful against Blackmail nonsense.

Just my two cents, but certainly try it out. Iā€™ve been running the typical version for a while now and, while excited that it is more viable now, Iā€™m curious about other options.

If I make that change, Iā€™d run 3 Launches to make them reliable and disposable.

ā€¦ and just that remote with a spiderweb or something sufficiently annoying that they leave it alone, then just have one gross tower scoring server. Yeah, I can see it, maybe Iā€™ll give it a go.

I tried 3 launch and 2 DBS instead of the 1 adonis right when D&D came out. DBS makes you better at spamming OAI CW during the midgame, but the $2-4/click rate of launch campaign really sucks compared to the $3-9/click of adonis. It wasnā€™t good enough. Iā€™m back and forth on including 1 copy as a back-up plan to adonis but currently leaning towards the 2nd restructure.

Hereā€™s what Iā€™m on for February atm. I wanted to put 3 spiderweb but @crfluency told me not to. I have high hopes for changeling though; might consider 2 of it.

Blue Sun: Powering the Future (Up and Over)

Agenda (9)
3x Project Atlas (What Lies Ahead)
1x Corporate War (Future Proof)
3x Oaktown Renovation (Chrome City)
2x Global Food Initiative (Data and Destiny) ā€¢ā€¢

Asset (8)
1x Adonis Campaign (Core Set) ā€¢ā€¢
3x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1x Executive Boot Camp (All That Remains)
1x Corporate Town (Chrome City)
2x Public Support (The Universe of Tomorrow)

Upgrade (5)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
2x Crisium Grid (First Contact)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite (Order and Chaos)

Operation (7)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
3x Oversight AI (A Study in Static)
2x Restructure (Second Thoughts)
1x Interns (Mala Tempora)

Barrier (7)
2x Curtain Wall (True Colors)
2x Hive (Double Time)
1x Changeling (Up and Over)
2x Spiderweb (The Underway)

Code Gate (5)
2x Tollbooth (Core Set) ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1x Enigma (Core Set)
2x Datapike (Creation and Control)

Sentry (6)
1x Archer (Core Set)
3x Caduceus (What Lies Ahead)
1x Orion (Order and Chaos)
1x Assassin (Data and Destiny)

15 influence spent (maximum 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

7 Likes

Only the one Bootcamp, even without Launch?

Otherwise, basically where Iā€™m going to start my testing. ++

Yeah the 2nd one isnā€™t as good anymore; it was way better when people played eater valencia, leela, nasir, random stuff like that where the first ability could randomly hose people. Itā€™s worth a slot to be a 2nd adonis, 2nd corptown, 4th jackson, but not a second slot to be a 3rd/3rd/5th.

only 1 Interns? didnā€™t the list used to play at least 2?

It used to not having awesome cards like public support and corp town :wink:

3 Likes