[Blue Sun] Bootcamp Glacier

• Is the 2nd TB really better than replacing Corporate War with NAPD? Or maybe GFI and drop an Oaktown or Atlas for Chronos? (probably depends on how good Chronos is against wherever the runner meta ends up)
  • Are you building 1 or 2 remotes with this deck? Corporate Town wants a 2nd remote and Public Support doesn’t mind one. If the answer is 2 then I feel like Launch Campaign will be better than Restructure #2. It may suck compared to Adonis, but some recurring econ is way better than no recurring econ.
1 Like

Tollbooth is the best ice in the deck. People think “the blue sun combo” is OAI+CW, but it’s actually OAI+CW+tollbooth and have 6 credits left over.

Kind of 1.5 remotes. Public support only needs 1 ice in front of it and it only needs to be there for 2 turns. If they run through an ice to trash support, you’re happy. Corptown if you rez it completely shifts your gameplan to be much more grindy and then you shift to making 2 remotes but you have plenty of time to do it. I’m back and forth on launch campaign but it’s really slow and I never spend a bootcamp or interns on it so it doesn’t count as part of the toolbox.

3 Likes

Thoughts on doing 7x 3 point agenda (all different) with publics and old hollywood grid instead of ash and and the 2s to open up deck slots? have you tried that at any point @bblum or @crfluency?

It feels okay, but im only just starting to really put time in on this deck to learn it. not sure what im really liking about it or not yet.

I would never have expected archer in a bblum glacier.

what’s next, hostile takeover? :frowning:

You are almost there. Just admit you want to play gov takeover and 6 agenda :wink:. That’s always the first step to become a Weyland player. We’ve all been there before.

But honestly, this deck is built to score atlas and okatown. Not 3pts.
I would play 5atlas 5oaktown to go 10 agendas in a heartbeat if I could :^). Their quality is above most cards in the deck.

9 Likes

Alright I’ll go back to the 2 pointer build then.

Oh come on, show some spine! 8 agendas, 3 punitives. That’s the real man’s blue sun “glacier”!

I would rather play deadcoats than play blue sun kill. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Real post-humans score agendas.

Scoring is for the weak and unable. Real robots starve their opponents to dead over the course of 35.5 turns and then gamble the whole game on PSI.

4 Likes

I play this deck a lot, and every now and then I stumble into a variation of the following:

1. Opening hand of OAI, Curtain Wall, TB, Hedge Fund, (ice).
  2. Mandatory draw (ice).
  3. Ice HQ, RnD, hedge fund.
  4. Mando draw whatever. TB over curtain (8), OAI CW (7). Click for credit (8).
  5. Bounce CW (22-maybe the TB8). Mando draw whatever. One of the last two whatevers was an Oaktown Renovation. Reinstall curtain. Install Oaktown, advance.

I’m so looking forward to less CC of David. (edit: missing a click in there, but you get the point)

1 Like

real robots wouldnt call that a gamble at all. XD

1 Like

So have any other people been having trouble keeping oai curtain wall around now that most anarchs are running 2x or 3x david?

It’s becoming more and more important to place an ICE out front of the OAI’d piece of ICE, rather than just having it naked on its own. Once Anarch gets going and gets breakers out, though, it can become harder to get the OAI to make money. At that point, I like to try and OAI one server and score an agenda in another; this way either I get 14 credits or points, and they usually can’t get into both.

A cheeky thing to do as well is to OAI a Curtain Wall in front of another Curtain Wall over the scoring remote when scoring out an agenda (preferably the last one). This makes it so that when they break the first one, killing it, they have another str 10 Curtain Wall left to deal with.

5 Likes

Sorry if I’m missing something here, but are you only forfeiting Public Support to rez Archer and Corp Town? Or do you ever actually forfeit a 2-pointer?

Corp town is usually either worth a 2 pointer, or not even worth a public support, depending on the matchup.

Archer I have less experience with but I think is only worth a public support. It’s also good (so I’m told) for rushing with OAI because david doesn’t kill it.

2 Likes

Do you find yourself rushing behind Archer frequently? I’ve been playing BS Glacier a bit since MWL and I never find myself even installing Archer. I rarely even install a Public Support, actually.

No I have yet to draw archer at the right time, since there’s only 1. I like to put it on RD and not rez it for a really long time, pretty much. Public support on the other hand I’m happy every time I draw it; sometimes even use an interns on it just for tempo. I wish I had the slot for the 3rd copy. Runners are trashing public support more and more now.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing a version of blue sun with ashigaru instead of tollbooth and have been having great success. It fixes the oversight ai problem versus anarch and also is incredibly taxing for faust. I was really hesitant to drop tollbooth as it is most likely the best ice in the deck but i haven’t been missing it too much. Here’s the list if people want to try it, i’m curious of your guy’s opinion :smile:

Japanese Bootcamp

Blue Sun: Powering the Future

Agenda (9)
1x Corporate War
2x Global Food Initiative ••
3x Oaktown Renovation
3x Project Atlas

Asset (10)
1x Corporate Town
2x Executive Boot Camp
3x Jackson Howard •••
2x Launch Campaign
2x Public Support

Upgrade (5)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY ••••
1x Crisium Grid
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite

Operation (8)
3x Hedge Fund
1x Interns
3x Oversight AI
1x Restructure

Barrier (9)
2x Ashigaru ••••• •
3x Curtain Wall
2x Hive
1x Meru Mati
1x Spiderweb

Code Gate (3)
3x Enigma

Sentry (5)
1x Archer
1x Assassin
3x Caduceus

4 Likes

This.

I’ve been going back and forth about keeping the archer. I’m not sure what to replace it with so it has stayed in the list. Probably first card to cut though.