Blue Sun - Mushin Grid

I meant accumulating, since the context of the discussion was the usefulness of a lonely Wendigo as defense.

You can use crisium to stop the half of medium that gets counters, and wendigo to stop the half of medium that accesses more cards! WOMBO COMBO!

7 Likes

Wendigo -> Taurus -> Crisium Grid.

Best server, stops everything including R&D/HQ interfaces.

1 Like

So, yeah… tried this list today:

Mushin no Grid

Blue Sun: Powering the Future (Up and Over)

Agenda (8)

Asset (2)

Upgrade (4)

Operation (17)

Barrier (8)

Code Gate (5)

Sentry (5)

15 influence spent (max 15)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Up and Over

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Atman-centric Shapers seems to be a problem, Nasir in particular. Also was having a pretty bad draw, so I’m not really drawing conclusions just yet. Seemed to me that I weakened the deck by going to 2 pieces of each of the combo components, though.

I’m kind of curious if Shipment From Mirrormorph would be good here. That would be one massive turn; 2 cards 3 clicks for 7 clicks and three credits worth of actions. It would turn it into a two card scoring combo rather than three.

That seems like an awful lot of specific cards to have in your hand at once. You’d need Mushin, OTG, Mirrormorph, plus 2 other installable cards to be in your hand at the same time, and that’s already 5 cards. That’s not to say it won’t happen, and it totally could, but I don’t see it happening often enough to warrant inclusion. Plus, Mirrormorph is 2 inf pre copy in a deck that’s already a little stifled for influence thanks to the Mushin inclusion.

That being said, I’d love to see the look on the runner’s face when a server with two ice, an OTG, and an installed card with 3 advancement counters on it appears out of the blue.

Did someone say Cerebral Imaging?

2 Likes

Don’t Atman Shapers get completely locked out by Hadrians?

I think Crisium needs to stay at 3. It’s useful even without Off the Grid and you want to have one permanently on HQ.

They don’t - one at 6 and one at 10 (expensive, I know) means you need to advance it like 5-6 Times to be actually relevant. Also, it’s a huge time sink and the HQ one might get Femmed.

If they set Atman at 6 and 10 then your Enigmas and str 4 ice become live again.

Assuming you’re able to have enough ice with varying strength for all 3 centrals, it should be nigh impossible to farm sucker tokens. I’m seeing a pretty favorable Atman matchup.

1 Like

Well the low ice would get Parasited anyway, right?

One atman has to go on 4 for lotus.

The more I play blue sun the more I think 1 hadrians is too few. $10 for a $7 tax is comparable to $14 for $11 tax, but it’s a lot more versatile than curtain wall (especially against inside job).

2 Likes

Enigmas, maybe. Caduceus I doubt can be trashed. Keep in mind they need to trash the ice in the same turn they play the Parasite or you can bounce and replay the ice.

I like it a lot. Especially since you can advance it once to get past a surprise knight. But I’m a sucker for advanceable ICE. All my curtain walls will be gone as soon as Orion hits.

Orion is unique, and vulnerable to faerie. 2x and 2x seems like a good mix though.

All good points, but I really hate paying 14 to rez an ICE that only stops the runner. Reducing the costs of Orion with The Root or paying 15 to thrash a program, resolve another and end the run makes me way more happy. But the vulnerability to faeries does make it a bad OAI target :frowning: So I’ll probably need to keep the Curtain Walls like you said :smiley:
But Wormhole/Orion with a rezzed Data Raven will be a very cool play for Blue Sun Tag&Bag .

Yes, the facecheck punishment will be a huge boost. Imagine oversighting a curtain wall and next turn replacing it with orion. The midgame will be way stronger; the runner will be broke more often since facechecking costs $7 or $8 if they like their programs.

Curtain is still a bit better on your remote in the late game ($2 more taxing), but also takes work to keep it on the outside.

Do you suppose it will put a counter on data raven, or on itself?

Comparing wormhole to tollbooth, if it’s only copying an ETR, it’s 1 more to rez, 1 less taxing, and no influence. Copying taurus or orion is pretty punishing, and undoubtedly there will be more good ice to copy in O&C. Seems OK at best in a pure glacier build, but stellar in a deck with archers. Much worse to see on turn 1 though.

2 Likes

I think it will put the counter on Data Raven. The sub on Data Raven reads “Trace3 - If successful, place 1 power counter on Data Raven.” If it said this ICE it would have a problem, but I’m guessing it places them on the DR. If it doesn’t it won’t be usefull at all.
Yes, I like wormhole a lot, especially since you can move it around in Blue Sun to make some subs hit again if the runner isn’t careful. But the ability to resolve the best subroutine available at the time will be very good!

It’s all about whether you can stabilize fast enough (read: before the second Sucker hits the table). If you can’t, your ICE keeps dying and you never get to the point where you actually manage to shut centrals, and then you lose.

Well most of the modern Shaper build tend to play a snowball and mimic. I haven’t lost to Blue Sun for those last 3 weeks. Since I put mimic to deal with Architect and Snowball instead of Corroder to play a second legwork. But adding the snowball gave me an incredible edge against barrier stacking weyland.