Clot (now 2 inf)

Yes, but, what tends to happen is you get legworked and then they run the remote once the matrix analyzer has been rezzed.

I’d prefer to see mushin no shin -> Matrix -> pass turn.

Now it’s a 4 advanced something… is it an agenda? Is a june bugs?

That strikes me as being a lot cooler since you’re requiring your opponent to hold up to 8 cards to run a remote safely. Though, deus x and all kinda ruins it; Brain damage instead? Plan B? Things seem possible.

The real thing I think we’ll see is just more damage based decks. If you’re plan B isn’t FA, it’s probably going to be to kill the runner.

Soooo…Targeted Marketing (Clot) active, have SanSan on the board. Play an agenda on SanSan. Now the runner can use Clot, giving you 10 credits, and then consider if he really wants to steal it and give you a huge Midseasons window. If he doesn’t, SfSS for the score.

Too janky?

1 Like

Not particularly janky, all the cards are in faction, and you don’t lose much by slotting Targeted Marketing.

No, this is too janky:

Targeted Marketing (Clot), have SanSan on the board. Plant an agenda on SanSan. Now the runner can use Clot, giving you 10 credits. Assuming they do, you over install with jackson shuffling away the agenda. Bait the clot a few more times getting 30+ credits, wiping viruses now and again. When DBS assembles the following then finally let them steal an agenda and execute:

• install a card face down
  • play biotic labor (assume a clot)
  • play midseasons
  • play a fast track (retrieving beale),
  • play beale
  • psychographics overadvancing the beale and then reveal the first card to be a Virus Suite and win.

But, I honestly don’t think you can protect yourself well enough and long enough to execute.

2 Likes

Panic Button CI can play around Clot. It’s completely hosed by Leela and Utopia Shard though.

Problem is that you’ve gone from needing 2 cards to score (Agenda, SanSan) to needing 4 (Agenda, SanSan, Targeted Marketing, Midseasons) which makes it a bit unwieldily and current FA decks don’t run midseasons right now. However I think you’re on the right track as Midseasons decks aren’t really bothered by Clot since they want the runner to steal an agenda.

Pure NEH FA might be dead but I expect Midseason decks to stick around.

I’ve still had success with Psychographics, just because Data Raven makes it absurdly easy to land two or three tags.

My experience with Data Raven is that the runner runs into it, goes “oh,” and then jacks out.

3 Likes

Alternative: they say “F*** you motherf****r I’m a boss” and run through it for the rest of the game

honestly it’s so fun to run through data raven immediately to see your opponent’s reaction…

“Tag me, trace me.”
“Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?”

5 Likes

Then you drop Beale and Psychographics for the win.

Oh and Shoot the Moon first just to fuck with them.

1 Like

After you drop beale, they drop clot :). Clot works against Psychographics NBN too :).

2 Likes

sry for the derail

clot stuff

Well that’s just not cool. I quit!

Clot is ruining my fun

Sorry, I don’t follow. how did they know the random server you created was a beale? are they pulling a clot every time you install a marked accounts as well?

To be fair, most people don’t install Marked Accounts after a Midseason

After Clot happens, I will be.

2 Likes

Third click drop suite and win. :wink:

I think post-clot, HB rush/FA is much better positioned than NBN, just because you are (or at least I am) already running pretty solid ICE and things like Excalibur/Ash for the scoring remote. At the SC I was just at, my HB deck went 5-0, with a combination of NA and FA agendas, depending on the game state. Unfortunately, barring some significant changes in how NEH decks are built, I don’t think they have quite the same luxury.

1 Like

I’m liking Shoot the Moon post-Clot. It didn’t really make too much since pre-Clot, but post-Clot being able to rez multiple ice for 3 and 2 clicks can put you in a position to close out a game.

Targeted Marketing + Ash/Troubleshooter could be nice. I kind of like it better out of HB since they have better ice for it imo (and is less of a splash).

I think Reversed Accounts/GRND Refinery might be solid options here too. The big fear is the runner using SMC/CC to put it into play on you’re turn. If you go install and advance, then the runner is pretty much forced to Clot. Then you just shrug, and Reverse/Refinery.

Also a 3/2 trash cost is something, and you can even get some mileage baiting them into one unadvanced, and if they don’t take the bait, 8 net credits for 4 clicks is decent.

2 Likes

Because Psychographics does it all in one click, you get two HUGE benefits against Clot.

(1) If they don’t have it installed, they have to install it whenever you install anything in a remote server or they can just lose on the spot. They don’t know what’s a beale. They can still use Clot to time walk you, but that runs out and isn’t trivially cheap.

(2) You can play 1 Cyberdex Trial or Virus Suite, dig it up against clot decks with NBN powers, (Jackson/DBS), and then score regardless of Clot status, as you can install Beale, Psycho it, and THEN spend your final click Cyberdexing, leaving the runner with no opportunity to reinstall Clot before you have the chance to pull the trigger and win the game. Trial is harder for the runner to remove and for that reason I think it’s probably the superior choice for Psychographics decks.

Data Raven is a fine card for tagging decks, but I find that it’s less strong in dedicated Psychographics decks than in Scorch decks. They will invariably bounce off it up until the point you Midseason them, and then it does nothing. If it was your main R&D defense before they were forced to float tags, then you’re left in the awkward position of having to defend R&D lock long enough to assemble Psycho-Beale with enough money, which is often a disaster. Manhunt is an awesome option for tagstorming aside from Midseasons, but it’s much better in Making News than in NEH.

I think the right NBN deck is going to be tough to nail down. On the one hand, if you move away from the Astrotrain too hard, you become a lot worse against non Clot decks and also have a hard time pressuring runs, (and therefore can just lose the econ battle for the eventual trace), but on the other hand, the harder you rely on it, the worse you become against players with Clot, and the less slots you will have available to do the whole tag/punish thing because you want to fit crap like Shipment From SanSan.

I have never been one to tag runners, so I am maybe not the best person to conjure the phoenix from the ashes, but in my mind, there’s no question that’s the direction NBN needs to move in to survive.

2 Likes