Come Cube Draft Against Us: Daily Draft! (Now on deckbuilding, like the best decks or make your own)

We have Knight and Atman to do what Femme does for all but a handful of ICE. Quality Time is better here. I think retrieval run could be a thing also. It makes scary sentries a little less scary.

Midseasons is hard because the runner had to score last turn for it to be switched on. Muckraker is a tagstorm all on its own. It sucks that its Mimic food, but you don’t rez it unless it’s going to go off or cost the runner a fortune. I vote Muckraker.

In other news, I really want Cell Portal to be good… I don’t think the draft format is what makes that happen.

I would very much agree with you if we had a Diesel to choose from, I just don’t like Quality Time as much.
Also I think Quality Time becomes less useful with the smaller decksize of the draft format as well as we will probably need to utilize more click-intensive economyoptions than what is standard in constructeddecks that also makes Quality Time harder to use.

While it’s true that Atman and Knight does similar things as Femme Fatale, without Datasuckers and with a larger spread of Ice that we will face we will need more effects like this if we want to build our rig around them.
Darwin, Atman and Knight (that is very trashable for the corp) is not enough, and Femme Fatale means that we can skip looking for other sentrybreakers. I really don’t want to have to play with Pipeline.

1 Like

Totally agree that Femme Fatale is the right pick here; it’s a better sentry breaker than anything that we currently have, synergises well with Test Run and Personal Workshop, and deals with some of the big ice that we know is out there because we didn’t pick it.

I think Quality Time is an interesting example of a card that’s good in constructed, but nowhere near as playable in draft. Three credits, a click and a card to draw five cards isn’t a great investment by itself; you really need an efficient deck to make those chunk of cards work for you, and unless we’re some sort of hive mind draft savants that’s pretty unlikely.

On the corp side, I’d be taking Midseason Replacements as a hate pick, bearing in mind that we just saw a Psychographics go past and there’s nothing else particularly enticing left.

2 Likes

Well, for the Runner : on one hand, we’ve got Quality Time that synergizes with Personal Workshop and… that’s about it. We have very few stuff we could throw out of our hand quickly after a QT, so most of the time we would discard some cards. On the other hand, Femme synergizes well with the workshop too, but it’s also good with Test Run ; we’ve got Opus to afford it too. I don’t agree it’s redundant with Knight and Atman : we’re not going to have all of them into play at once most of the time, and with only too of them we can set us up for extremely cheap runs on one server - most likely the remote, since fast advance isn’t going to be that frequent.

For the corp : I don’t like midseason for the same reason i didn’t like Kraken. Cell Portal seems even worse in limited than in constructed. Data Mine or Muckracker ? I feel like Muckracker would be marginally more useful as a taxing ice, despite the bad publicity.

I think it becomes better. Opening hand plus Quality Time = 1/3 of the deck drawn. The greater percentage of a deck that Quality Time draws, the greater the consistency it provides.

Personal Workshop and Magnum Opus are the heart of our economy. They are also exactly the kind of cards where the earlier we get them, the more effective they are. Quality Time helps us get things early. In that sense, Quality Time is an economy card, and economy cards are good.

Results of Day 16

Picks:

For the Corp pick, Muckracker was the pick with 74% of the vote.

On the runner side, the vote was split between two strong cards. In the end, Fem Fatale lost out to Quality Time with 55% of the vote.

After those picks we were then at 3 cards or less, so the rest of this pack was in auto pick territory.

The Corp autopicks are:

This brings the entire corp draft picks thus far to look like this:

Current Corp Cards

Agenda (5+5)
1x Efficiency Committee
1x Geothermal Fracking
1x Hostile Takeover
1x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Braintrust
5x Priority Requisition

Ice (7)
1x Hunter
1x Ichi 2.0
1x Himitsu-Bako
1x Eli 1.0
1x Enigma
1x Pop Up Window
1x Data Mine

Operation (3)
1x Closed Accounts
1x Power Shutdown
1x Green Level Clearance

Assets (3+2)
2x Private Contracts
1x Project Junebug
1x Eve Campaign
1x Haas Arcology Ai

Upgrades (1)
1x Red Herrings

The runner autopicks are:

This brings the entire runner draft picks thus far to look like this:

Current Runner Cards:

Breakers(4+3)
1x Knight
2x Darwin
1x Atman
1x Aurora
1x Pipeline
1x Force of Nature

Programs(3)
1x Djinn
1x Keyhole
1x Magnum Opus

Hardware(3)
1x Spinal Modem
1x Doppelganger
1x R&D Interface

Resource(4+2)
1x Tallie Perrault
1x Crash Space
1x Personal Workshop
1x Access to GlobalSec
2x Armitage Codebusting

Events(5)
1x Vamp
1x StimHack
1x Tinkering
1x Test Run
1x Deja Vu

On to the next packs!

Corporation Pack 3 Pick 1 (10 cards)

Vote For The Next Corp Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/A7UYR

Runner Pack 3 Pick 1 (10 cards)

Vote For The Next Runner Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/y8bjy

The drafting direction has against flipped. Just like in pack one, corp packs go left and runner right.

1 Like

Corp: scorched earth slam pick. the whole pack is solid and we can count on something decent being wheeled (hopefully money or an agenda). we have a few tag cards, and we can easily pick up more. being able to just win the game is a big deal

Runner: only card i would consider taking over sure gamble is special order, except we have a bunch of AI breakers sooooo :confused:

Oh my god. The corp pack is awesome. I don’t think there’s a single card I would be sad picking in a later day, except Posted Bounty. Right now, I think the choice is between Tollbooth and Scorched. Scorched would lead us towards more tagging stuff to go with it and Closed Accounts. It would be better if we happened to get the second one (like that’s gonna happen). Tollbooth is an excellent ICE, both ETR and still very taxing with a breaker. What breaks the tie for me is that letting that Scorched Earth go might not be safe. I most certainly don’t want someone else having the two Scorched.

The runner pack is okay. Hedge Fund is great. I think a second Spinal Model might be good too, so that we’re more likely to draw one early (we’ll need the memory !), but more memory options are likely to come our way. Hedge Fund it is.

1 Like

Happy that we got some 2-point agendas on the last picks, at this point we can probably skip any Priority Req if we want to.

Very strong corppack here, Scorched Earth is the clear pick for me but we will wheel something useful (Bernice, Posted Bounty, Sundew and either Shipment from SanSan or Market Research will be my guess for what will be in the pack when it get’s back to us).

Compared to that, the runnerpack seems pretty weak. Since we pretty much lack any economy besides Opus, Sure Gamble is a autopick here for me. If we are lucky we will get the Spinal Modem back on the wheel.

Tollbooth is an all star. The sorts of things that are good at addressing Tollbooth, like Femme and Ice Desctruction, are much more difficult to play in draft than in constructed. Scorched Earth requires we land a tag, and then requires the runner goes below 5 while having that tag while we have the Scorched earth in hand. Someone out there has SEA Source though, and I certainly won’t be upset if Scorch is denied to them but Tollbooth is going to see play pretty much every time we draw it, and Scorched won’t.

Sure Gamble helps us greatly. Magnum Opus and Personal Workshop are the heart of our economy, and discourage us from taking click intensive or “use to install” type economy cards. Sure Gamble lets us maintain pressure on the corp, even while we are installing things like the Magnum Opus or high strength Atman. I am also liking Same Old Thing. The idea of recurring the Test Run seems solid to me but Sure Gamble is too good a card to pass up.

1 Like

Tollbooth sure gamble. Nothing to dicuss here.

Corp: Tollbooth in a world where Femmes are few? Hard but clear choice for me. A serious piece of ICE is far more useful every turn than a 1-off Scorched for which our support is fairly limited. Without Femme, or a DinoYog, or a Datasucker suite (far less likely in Draft) it’s going to cost on average $7 to get through every time.

I love Scorched, and surely someone is going to get it and go “What the hell?” but Tollbooth has been “That ICE” for me too many times on both sides of the table to let it go, especially since we have a few nice Agendas now - let’s just play to win, not Tag’n’Bag.

Runner: The only thing I would consider taking over Sure Gamble is Desperado…or a Datasucker, maybe, with the AIs. Not even going to try and be clever in voting for this one.

Results of Day 17

Picks:

For the Corp pick, Scorched Earth triumphed over Tollbooth with 52% of the vote.

On the runner side, Sure Gamble was the dominant choice with 62% of the vote.

This brings your current drafts to look like:

Current Corp Cards

Agenda (5+5)
1x Efficiency Committee
1x Geothermal Fracking
1x Hostile Takeover
1x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Braintrust
5x Priority Requisition

Ice (7)
1x Hunter
1x Ichi 2.0
1x Himitsu-Bako
1x Eli 1.0
1x Enigma
1x Pop Up Window
1x Data Mine

Operation (4)
1x Scorched Earth
1x Closed Accounts
1x Power Shutdown
1x Green Level Clearance

Assets (3+2)
2x Private Contracts
1x Project Junebug
1x Eve Campaign
1x Haas Arcology Ai

Upgrades (1)
1x Red Herrings

Current Runner Cards:

Breakers(4+3)
1x Knight
2x Darwin
1x Atman
1x Aurora
1x Pipeline
1x Force of Nature

Programs(3)
1x Djinn
1x Keyhole
1x Magnum Opus

Hardware(3)
1x Spinal Modem
1x Doppelganger
1x R&D Interface

Resource(4+2)
1x Tallie Perrault
1x Crash Space
1x Personal Workshop
1x Access to GlobalSec
2x Armitage Codebusting

Events(6)
1x Sure Gamble
1x Vamp
1x StimHack
1x Tinkering
1x Test Run
1x Deja Vu

On to the next packs!

Corporation Pack 3 Pick 2 (9 cards)

Vote For The Next Corp Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/NCqht

Runner Pack 3 Pick 2 (9 cards)

Vote For The Next Runner Pick Here:
http://www.instant.ly/s/pwJb3

Corp: there’s a lot of good ice and a cool trap, i’m actually leaning towards taking the swordsman just because of how soft we are to it (darwin is the one breaker i think it’s actually a blowout against) although katana and the codegates are really strong. personally i’m going to hold off and see what others think on this one.

Runner: Crypsis and personal touch are both really good for our deck, and we can probably wheel feedback implants. toss up, personal touch means we all in on the darwin (which means taking swordsman), whereas crypsis is just super solid

I’m partial to Swordsman, and not just because it protects our AI heavy Breaker base, but because it works as annoying tax ice. Neural Katana is better in this role, but with all our Darwins and Knight and Atman, better to just remove this one from the field and let Pipeline spend 3 or 4 credits to muscle through it.

A second Enigma is more useful though, and I don’t think it’ll survive this round so I’m picking it to help round out our rush ice base. With picks like the last one, Scorch over Tollbooth, we’ve been getting too cute by half and have thrown away Ice left and right, taking basic staples for granted. We only have 2 pieces of ice that end the run and can’t be clicked through. EtR 4EVA.

Crypsis is solid and we can even tutor for it in a pinch with our Djinn. Expensive, but that’s what Magnum Opus is for. If it ever becomes a dead draw, we can flip it onto Personal workshop as Darwin insurance. Installing mid run and getting trashed in the process [no virus counter] but acting a little like Sharpshooter or Faerie.

1 Like

While I think E3 Feedback Implants are really strong in draft (and they will not wheel), Crypsis is the clear pick here. It’s tutorable with Djinn and helps us facecheck that we otherwise have trouble doing. With it we can also cut all the chaff breakers, as well as focus on pure economy for the rest of the draft as our rig is pretty much complete. The pack is not deep enough for us to expect anything good back, probably Omega, Hostage and Djinn (which is nice doubling up on for consitency but not needed) will make it’s way around.

Lots of good ICE in the corp pack, we will even get something good when it comes back! Aggresive Secretary is a real beating in draft where everyone is expected to have large agendas and what I will vote for. Then we can grab the Swordsman on the wheel so we don’t have to face it (my guess is Sentinel Defense Program, Swordsman and Uroboros will be in the pack then)

Katana / liberated account.

Very upset with scorch pick:/

Neither of those are non-porous EtR Ice. Of which we currently have 2.

Sure Gamble was a very weak pick IMO. What this is really teaching me is that some people have extremely different ideas than myself about what’s good in Netrunner and what should be a priority when drafting! :slight_smile:

I agree with Crypsis on the runner side, and the fact that our rig is pretty much done after that. I also considered The Personal Touch which is great with Darwin, but we badly need some breaker that can adjust to any strength…

On the corp side : I think I like Wall of Static better than Enigma. Sure, it’s less painful to facecheck, but it’s also more expensive to break with most breakers. I’d be glad with any of those, though. Swordsman would be painful for our runner rig, but it’s possible we’ll see it wheel - and we can still take Pipeline to cover it. Pipeline is pretty good against Rotos and Swordsmen, which is another reason why I don’t think Swordsman is a high pick.