Data & Destiny Spoilers

@CodeMarvelous brewed this Sync blend with a little input from me… Looks pretty sweet. He said he went 5-1 in testing. I’d probably drop the Psycho maybe for more money, but I think Sync will be nasty. Pack your Dorm Computers.

2 Likes

says 16 agenda points and 38 cards, so i’m guessing it’s getting some tweaks right now.

but anyway, i already posted on FB, but i’ll post it here that didn’t see the point of running News Hound without Surveillance Sweep (or some other current). even with Employee Strike, i still think it’s probably not the best idea to rely on the runner running a current and would probably just use Turnpike instead. i’m guessing maybe that’s one of the changes.

i really like the deck though. with Sync’s ability, even landing one tag can snowball, and the math on things like Data Raven and Big Brother get a lot better. also, Hunter could be a solid fit for the deck, being relatively taxing for a low rez cost, and the tag is more taxing if they just decide to let the trace fire. after thinking a bit more, Turnpike might be best overall, since it’ll at least still do something once the runner decides to go tag me.

1 Like

The description Quantum Predictive Models, so presumably the last two cards are 2 copies of that.

Guten isn’t as flexible. Ravens will be all but mandatory with the new cards.

Hey I was just trying to stick up for the little guy! :smile:

In my experience Psycho is one of the most powerful FA tools NBN has if you can stick even two tags, which with Gutenberg and Data Raven is getting easier all the time. I’d need to see a serious economic disadvantage in the deck before I’d consider cutting it.

1 Like

If you’re not seeing the new cards (or they’re showing up weird) on NRDB, make sure to Ctrl+F5 to force refresh, then everything should show up fine.

3 Likes

Oh my good lord… Data and Destiny officially has at worst the good side of playable cards in it:

Horizontal NBN decks are going to be nuts!

3 Likes

I’d pay 5 to install and rez 3 hostile infrastructure, a root and a jackson.

Heck, I’d pay 8 to do that with three turtlebacks and gain 18.

yo so I’m gonna go ahead and say that this D&D ICE is the best we have gotten in a deluxe by miles. I’m excited for NBN, but it’s a serious joke when you compare this ICE to the ICE Weyland got in O&C

QQ

7 Likes

My green, suited heart weeps.

At first blush, i’d say ‘this doesn’t actually change much for Spark Agency… you still have to score a 2/4 first, and only the first rezzed card installed by Ad Blitz costs the runner a credit…’

But after thinking a bit more, it seems like an insanely good late game tool to jump back into the game and swing things back into the corp’s favour. And with Media Blitz, you can be sure you can trigger it. With things like Alix T4LB07 and Turtlebacks, just make a bunch of credits at the same time and get everything back online. Sure the runner could trash some things, but you could have some monstrous power turn resetting all of your assets, way too many for the runner to trash. Maybe through in some Encryption Protocols

Wormhole made it all worth it, and no one expects asteroid belt or Orion outside weyland, so stuff that into your face!

Wormhole made nothing worth it.

1 Like

even then, it had fire wall!

Lets be fair here, 4 of the ice are going to see very little to no play. Turnpike is 1 cred and a credit for mimic and otherwise it just tags someone. TL;DR is chum light (you are going to run through this one without breakers, you were running anyway). Resistor is very hard to make worth it. Special offer maybe is something for spark but idk, seems like it should have a limited role.

Now news hound I have hope for. If there’s no current it’s just an overcosted hunter, but I think I’d be willing to take the risk (or play NAS) for a 2 cost 4 str sentry that says end the run and has 2 subs.

Archangel is something NBN had to import otherwise, but it’s worse than the alternatives. This has the issues of ichi (you don’t want this early in your hand), without actually trashing, without being as much an issue to break it, because it’s just a codegate. I fear the runner will play with this card as soon as he’s spotted it, as much as with ichi, and will have less issue with it come lategame. Sigh, and if you don’t like ichi, just spend the influence on nebula :smiley:

Archangel is great fun when you’re Noise and have nothing but a Cache on the board…

1 Like

I hope I’m not the only one who once rezzed sherlock against noise…

4 Likes

Turnpike seems quite strong to me. After Mimic it’s a 2 credit tax, the same as Architect, Caduceus, Negotiator, but with only a 2 rez cost. If the runner facechecks it without a breaker, they’re paying 1 credit and taking a tag, which seems like pretty fair punishment in the early game. Weaker perhaps if the runner doesn’t care about tags, but that’s already a dangerous game to play against NBN, even pre-D&D. Resistor can at least act as a sort of free barrier gear-check that becomes better if you do manage to land tags, but I’m not sure I’m playing that over the straightforward Wraparound. News Hound seems good in current heavy decks, special offer seems good in Spark but maybe not amazing elsewhere. TL;DR I agree probably doesn’t see alot of play.

I’m not sure on Archangel. It’s got great ratios, and although the sub might seem less impressive than program trashing, it can hit the runner in a variety of ways - getting rid of a loaded medium, a loaded Kati, bouncing a console that then puts the runner above MU limit, or even more situational things like returning plascrete to hand. I’m not convinced it is worse than alternatives, but maybe it’ll be worth paying more to use Assassin instead.

3 Likes

If you don’t want to pay the influence for a couple of copies of Alix T4LB07 or Turtlebacks to go with your Rebranding Team - Ad Blitz combo, Diversified Portfolio ought to do the job too.

2 Likes

I think you’re missing the “pay all costs bit”. You have to pay to rez those assets, so turtlebacks is merely a discount.

3 Likes

For some reason I read it as ignoring all costs. My dream is dead.

1 Like