Data & Destiny Spoilers

Yea it creates this weird scenario where you want to go broke (or Sealed Vault anyone?) enough to not be able to rez the assets, so you can continue Sparking. This is assuming the assets are old Campaigns and drips.

I don’t think you can bring back something you can’t rez

2 Likes

It would be so much better if you could choose what to rez

1 Like

It’d be much better if it said “You win the game!”

-_-

We play with what we’ve been given.

2 Likes

Not seeing that though - X is the number of cards you bring back not the total cost.

As an additional cost to play this operation, spend (click). Install and rez (paying all costs) X advertisements from Archives and/or HQ, if able.

I don’t see anything there that says you have to be able to afford it. Installing, sure, that’s an illegal play because it installing costs money if you tried to triple-popup a server on only 3 credits (3 to play the operation). But if I had 5 credits and paid 5 on the op, I could bring back and rez 3 Pop-ups on three different servers (no money to double ice) and two PADs that go into play unrezzed. Is this a good state to be in for the Corp? Hell no, but it is possible I think. It’s beneficial for the card to work this way because Spark can get extra value out of rezzing those other assets on different turns.

Let’s envision a scenario where this can be good that does not involve jank like Sealed Vault - say you have Adonis and few other assets in the trash, and a couple Popups/Special Offers. Say you are on 10 credits, and you spend 6 on the operation to bring back 6 advertisements from Archives/HQ. The first card you bring out (per Shipment from Mirrormorph ruling of going one card at a time) is Adonis, and you must immediately rez it. Then, you bring out the Popups (which you rez as well) and whatever other assets you have, unable to pay their rez cost. Then you could preferably pull out a Diversified Portfolio or in worst cases click for a credit, but not too bad as theres an Adonis and a horde of drip/ice back in the game.

I’m fairly confident I’m interpreting this card correctly.

Raaaaaaaage!!!

Seriously though, I like the last interpretation of the card, I’d like to be able to threaten some credit loss with this card more than anything.

This means that with the Rebranding agenda scored (all assets are Advertisements), Ad Blitz and Power Shutdown can install all your assets. Media Blitz can even turn on agenda ability if the runner steals it.

So far I haven’t been able to figure out a way to take advantage of this apart from the usual Accelerated Diagnostics (install all the Jacksons with Ad Blitz) into score or double Ronin, but the effect seems powerful.

2 Likes

just give the runner a Hades Fragment (or actually try to score one) and YOLO the rest of the game?

maybe in Haarpsichord to protect your agendas from being stolen? install everything so you can FA with SanSan or protect with Old Hollywood Grid?

it sounds completely awful. i can’t wait to try it out.

2 Likes

Yes, let’s take it to worlds. I got Midori ready to go.

Also install Team Sponsorship(s) to get free installs on agendas when you try to score 7. I think it could be possible to score 7 pretty easily with this, actually…you have so many spare slots in Diagnostics if you don’t need Interns much.

4 Likes

Ruling regarding Media Blitz:

If the runner has stolen False lead and I play media blitz, what happens?
A) The corp can forfeit Media blitz to make the runner lose 2 clicks.
B) The corp can forfeit the runners copy of False lead to make the runner lose 2 clicks.
C) The corp cannot forfeit either of them.

Answer:
You cannot forfeit the Media Blitz because it does not change into a copy of False Lead, it just gains its text. So the answer is C), because you cannot forfeit cards that are not yours.

1 Like

So this means if you use it on fetal AI, it becomes the best agenda to not score ever, right?

Not sure what you mean, but fetal AIs ability is a “when accessing”-effect not a continuous effect or paid ability. And since you cannot access a current (media blitz), it will do exactly nothing.

He means that if Media Blitz copies the text “When Fetal AI is accessed, do 2 net damage”, then accessing a Fetal AI would do four net damage, two for the self-referential effect on the Fetal AI being accessed and two for the non self-referential effect on Media Blitz (referring to all instances of Fetal AI if not self-referential).

However Lukas has clarified that while text on Media Blitz is not self-referential (since Media Blitz does not copy the agenda title), non self-referential text that references card X does not refer to all copies of card X either unless it says so (“any copy of X”, “each X” or whatever). See his reply to me in the Official Rules Questions thread.

1 Like

I’ve been skimming the thread of late–has anyone figured out what Media Blitz does do and is good for?

Any agenda that has a constant ability or click ability that does not reference itself by name. Government Contracts, Fragments, Mandatory Upgrades, etc.

When I post the ruling to Ancur, I’ll make a list.

3 Likes

RDP? Government contracts? Gila hands? rebranding team? etc?

Shame tennin doesn’t have a weyland style agenda where you can advance it and have an effect. That could be great with this card

I went through the agendas on NRDB and compiled a list it works with in the rules questions thread:

1 Like

My dream is dead. Anyone gonna play media blitz?