Fire up the Grill! - Weyland meat lovers thread

I mean, that’s what Shattered Remains is used for, usually. But a true in-faction one would be nice.

Keep advancing things in that remote camping server that can be beneficial or detrimental. Remember you’re letting the ID do the work and if not the ID then the ICE do the taxing. Hell even dropping multiple assets, upgrades and an unadvanced 3 pointer could throw off the runner. Nothing says interesting as a triple advanced trap as much as a triple advanced agenda. The player has to be read, not the camping strategy.

I’d love to see 3x Space Camp in a deck that utilizes a never advance strategy for Weyland. Just overdraw and drop those suckers and wait for Temujin to roll on through. With a single Advancement you can turn on all the BoN ICE as the runner grabs their Datasucker tokens.

Last build I’m running with BoN.

Destroyer of Worlds v0.14

Weyland Consortium: Builder of Nations

Agenda (9)
1x Chronos Project
1x Hades Fragment
2x Hostile Takeover
3x Project Atlas
2x The Cleaners

Asset (7)
2x Jackson Howard ●●
2x Snare! ●●●●
3x Space Camp

Upgrade (3)
3x Prisec

Operation (13)
2x Consulting Visit
1x Exchange of Information ●●
2x Hard-Hitting News ●●●●
3x Hedge Fund
2x Paywall Implementation
3x Scorched Earth

Barrier (5)
2x Fire Wall
3x Ice Wall

Code Gate (3)
2x Quandary
1x Wormhole

Sentry (3)
1x Nebula
2x Shadow

Multi (1)
1x Orion

12 influence spent (max 12, available 0)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
44 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

It looks like you’re going to be really, really poor. You only have 3 Hedge and 2 Paywall for money. Hostile barely counts, as it usually ends up giving the runner more money than it does you. Beyond that, you need cash to fire those Snares and Prisecs, to advance ICE, rez shit… I mean, I get that Nebula, Wormhole and Orion are technically “free” once you’ve sunk a few turns into them, but the cost associated with making them free is gigantic. I don’t know how HHN is ever going to hit on runners that aren’t just completely careless.

1 Like

You get those careless runners and its worth it.

But you’re not gonna get money out of this ID. Sorry to say its the most anti-Weyland ID in Weyland alone. We’re depending on draw and drop archive runs to get Space Camp to fire and free up those credits for the Snare! hit.

Furthermore the only reliable current you’re gonna get early-late is Paywall Implementation. I’d fit a couple Melange in the space where the Consulting Visits are.

Eh, if runners are that careless I’m winning the game anyhow. I’d rather also win against people that know how to play Netrunner.

Anyhow, you’re banking a LOT on people just hitting Space Camp over and over. I’m pretty you’re having a really good day if you can get each of them to fire just once. If you do get some to fire and get an ICE advanced so you can fire that Snare, you’re still poor after the Snare. Melanges would help a bunch, that much is true.

I’m not sure that you really need currents either. The only thing Rumor Mill does against this deck is to blank Jackson, and by the time they play Rumor Mill to go grab Archives agendas, Rumor Mill has already done it’s job; turning it off isn’t really doing anything. Really, Hostile Takeover is probably your best defense against currents like Employee Strike and the occasional Freedom that didn’t find an agenda to attach itself to. It’s probably better as just more reliable econ than 1 credit a run. Thinking more about that, it’s probably not great to use a “get a credit a run” current in a deck where you’re actively discouraging them from running a lot through the use of the ID power and Space Camp.

I will always bank on the behavior of the player. Furthermore, if you wish to win with Weyland against “Good Players”, then you will bank on that type of game theory as well. You know you can’t drop things in remotes, then don’t. Drop them in Archives and click for credits.

The game is still shaped around the Runner scoring agendas to win more often than not. At some point, they will crack and get curious. But if you’re looking for a competitive ID, BoN is not it. You may need to return to your Weyland ID of choice and use the new tools like Prisec to greater use. BoN is a secondary ID archetype around the same levels of GRNDL.

Besides the Currents are a valid choice and you’re only throwing agendas to the wind when they plop an Employee Strike and smash into R&D repeatedly. I say make them recur and work for it. Overdraw and ditch and feed them a little. Get them to work for you, not against you.

Oh, I’m not saying BoN is anywhere near a top-tier ID; my own tests have confirmed that loudly-held suspicion. I’m just trying to point out some fundamental flaws in deck building (with no money, you can’t do enough things to win against a player that’s not actively trying to die) and maybe help with card choices to make the deck the best it can be (pretty sure currents don’t do enough; other cards might be better).

1 Like

So we do as we always do.

Sit back and wait for Weyland to have their time in the sun. Using whatever tools we can utilize and stab whatever unlucky bastard in the face when they come at us.

We are Weyland. We give no fucks.

Housekeeping is nicely oppressive in Builder of Nations. I really enjoy it, if all it really does is contribute to the climate of fear and anxiety. Again, I’ve gotta say this is an excellently theatrical ID at the table.

Uh, okay, Weyland may give no fucks, but Weyland still needs to pay NBN’s / Jinteki’s / GlobalSec’s bills. And 2 hostiles / 3 hedges is likely insufficient. I think that was Saan’s point, and it matches my experience.

Also, I have found much more success with Subliminal Messaging than Paywall. Aligns incentives better and never goes away.

2 Likes

I’ve been toying around with BoN and it’s kinda rough going. First time each turn instead of each run lands it firmly in gimmick territory.

Melange is a good suggestion. Another easy way to make more money with this deck is to replace The Cleaners and maybe Hades Fragment with Government Contracts. Even High-Risk Investment would be an improvement, although I don’t like it as much as GC. The Cleaners is a fun idea but you probably need money more than an extra meat damage per turn tax.

Really if you’re doing low-money meat damage you should look into getting away from tagging operations like HHN and SEA Source because you’ll rarely have the money to pull them off. Data Raven would be baller here, and it feels like it really wants False Leads but I dunno if you can get away with that many 1-pointers outside of Argus. Maybe Ghost Branch?

I’d also suggest switching one of the barriers to an Asteroid Belt to save money and adding a third Shadow, and maybe looking into Wendigo.

I’ve found that a lot of my experimentation with this ID leads me into Argus territory. In a lower money scenario, they seem to have an edge on ability to tax the runner into bad places for them. They don’t have the 44 card deck that BoN has, which is nice for rushing, but they have 15 influence, which also goes a long ways.

As for the Asteroid Belt, it’s really probably not saving money, even over something as tedious as a Fire Wall. Each advancement is basically 2 money; the money you spent, and the money you didn’t click for while wasting the click advancing something. Assuming we’re hard advancing the ICE, that’s effectively 6 credits for the Asteroid Belt, and 7 for the Fire Wall. Fire Wall still looks more expensive, but it also only took 1 click to advance instead of an entire turn, so there’s less tempo loss as a result, and in the end you get a 6 STR barrier with 1 ETR sub either way. Also, we’re not always advancing Fire Wall, since it only matters once per run per turn, and if there’s an advanced ICE on the server Fire Wall is on already, there’s no point. Compare this to Asteroid Belt, where you really do need to advance it to justify the massive rez cost.

4 Likes

Perhaps I’m being incredibly thick but your list doesn’t appear to include any advanceable traps.

only way of getting advancables in the deck is to expand it to 49 and run Shipment from Kaguya

also your opponent doesn’t know u run none

Totally agree on your Asteroid Belt math, but since the idea here seems to be abusing Space Camp for free counters I figured it would be nice to get another discount ICE in there.

Also could use a low-money Plascrete answer. Shattered Remains might work, but I dunno if you ever actually see it with such a porous R&D. Maybe Lab Dog if he can find the influence?

I also have no idea how to respond to a Muresh Bodysuit other than curl up in a ball and cry.

My response would be “lol you packed that card just for this?” and cackle maniacally as I slowly lose the match.

6 Likes

I’ve actually had it played against my Weyland decks a few times the past couple weeks. It also helps against Argus with Crisis Management, and I suppose if you stack them or play it with Drug Dealer it will let you survive a BOOM!