Flashpoint Cycle!

Pfft, who plays that card.

So… princess space kitten is an actual kitten?

3 Likes

I think that’s an avatar in cyberspace.

3 Likes

It might be, or space kittens is a jinteki experiment. Which would be awesome. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Princess space kitten NEEDS to be an ID. That is all I’ve been asking since i first read the flavour text that mentioned her. She has to be an anarch, and could use the style of Harley Qinn on her.
One can dream…

1 Like

Alternate win condition: have 7 connections in play at the same time, to ensure teh kitteh has adequate humans to provide food, petting, and playtime.

Who cares what the corp is doing!

4 Likes

I Can Haz Cheezburger?
Anarch Current
Cost 2
"Neither player may use paid ability actions on cards in play. Too busy looking at kittens on the internet."

?

3 Likes

The great thing is, this is totally relevant in all stages of the game. In the early game, you don’t want to take a tag against Weyland at all. If you think they might go tag-me and try some hail-mary medium runs, you spend a turn advancing this guy. It’s the opposite of Hive, and I’m super excited for it!

For two influence, could Hard-Hitting News be a replacement for SEA Source in Weyland?

You have to kill them the next turn, but apart from that four is better than one right? You have an extra click to pull off the kill, and potential to Traffic Accident as well as Scorched Earth if they leave at least two tags. Obvious downside, they have a turn to clear tags. Eight credits and they can just ignore the trace and clear the tags if that would be cheaper. But what’s that I hear you cry? Facedown Zealous Judge? Yeah, if you sneak one of those out, the Runner might get complacent and not realise the tag trace is now a game winning one (like SEA Source) and make a fatal mistake to cheap out and clear the tags instead.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s worth the influence compared to SEA. Weyland is getting tools that help them land the 1 turn kill more effectively soon, and waiting a turn is an iffy choice. It seems a lot better for decks that want to tax with tags like SYNC, Spark, Making News, etc.

I think you’ll see it in some decks. Product Line, install Judge, HHN is a pretty strong setup.

You don’t even have to sneak. Install a judge before you run HHN, and (barring paper tripping or other tech not widely in use at the moment) the runner doesn’t have enough clicks to both clear and trash.

3 Likes

I am curious what this part of the text means…

“you’ll find many of your favorite characters and themes revisited, even as the cycle introduces a wealth of new corporate executives.”

So are we getting Jackson 2.0 this cycle? Maybe Thomas Haas?

Not sure who else aside from IDs qualifies as “favorite characters”.

But I would love to see some playable sysops and execs. I think the Jinteki exec is a step in the right direction, with a pretty metal ability.

1 Like

I would assume something like how Quetzal is in the art for Inject or Nasir in Social Engineering (weird examples, I know). Like, I doubt we will get 2.0 versions of cards or characters like Thomas Haas getting reimplemented as a Runner ID or anything. I think it will mostly be for flavor purposes.

3 Likes

Very interesting. I would like to see some actually playable characters and Jackson 2.0.

That is what I am hoping for! Playable versions of execs/sysops/connections that just bite and maybe some references to other characters.

Maybe this is the cycle where we get to finally meet Chaos Theories parents, like Damon mentioned in one of his interviews. It would probably be the cycle to do it, since they are exploring an event and the personalities involved in that event.

I’d love to see an experienced version of Hodo… I mean, Donut.

6 Likes

Donut “For Realsies” Taganes.

“No, I am for serious this time guys, I promise!” - Donut

3 Likes

Maybe once Scrubber is out, Whizzard will be back as a new resource that gives credit for trashing stuff;

I completely expect to see many runners back as resources and connection when they rotate.

4 Likes