Flashpoint Cycle!

Maybe he’ll reappear in a Weyland operation, getting flatlined. :wink:

6 Likes

Probably more as a Video Game Commentator for pro gaming.

“Its about ethics in game journalism”.

5 Likes

I doubt 2.0 will happen until at least rotation happens, in which case the possibility will make more sense.

For flavor reasons I personally find that having two legal CTs and Andies (the Andies, haha) to be passable in practical play but a strange narrative experience.

I do hope they will reboot the runners from Genesis and Spin Cycle at some point. Looking forward to new Whizzard, Andy and CT.

Is the guy on Observe and Destroy the Inside Man?

I believe @mediohxcore (jokingly) promised to make “Dandromeda” on the eve of his first Worlds victory – that will probably be coming out shortly after rotation, right? :wink:

2 Likes

Uses for Hard-Hitting News:

Playing 1-2 Judges, followed by HHN.

Playing an agenda in your scoring remote followed by HHN. Does the runner let you score or does he keep at least one tag?

My favorit: Playing it in response to the runner playing Wyldside. Unless he played Wyldside+Pancakes in the same turn he won’t have enough clicks to get rid of the tags. Even if it doesn’t enable a kill, you at least will be able to trash Wyldside next turn.

6 Likes

i’m just grateful they finally produced an anarch ID that strongly encourages people to not consider parastie recursion. That’s a nice change. Really different.

30 Likes

Lowering the strength of an ICE doesn’t encourage parasite recursion? Or are you sarcastic?

1 Like

i think it was painfully obvious to everyone else lol

1 Like

I mean, I guess Noise and Reina encourage parasite recursion. The rest of the Anarch ID’s don’t strongly encourage parasite recursion.

As for Null in particular, he seems good. But he’s good at something Anarchs are already good at. I don’t know if I see him bringing anything new to the board.

2 Likes

He seems like he makes the fixed strength breakers a bit more reliable in a meta with lots of CVS. If I was going to go any direction with Null (with what we know), that’s where I would go.

7 Likes

I kind of feel the opposite about Null.

Comparing Null’s ability directly to Whizz, Noise and MaxX who are probably the three best Anarch IDs at the moment, it isn’t as “strong” as them.

However, given that Anarch’s fixed breakers and Parasite are probably among their strongest cards (and medium), Null has the support, right out of the box to be at least a competitive runner.

Whiz will reign during the time of asset upswing. But I am hoping we see some cards that reign the archetype in just a little bit. If that happens and those cards are good, I would expect this guy will see play.

In some reg-ass Anarch meta I could certainly see him being one of the most played (along side val and MaxX).

4 Likes

You’ve still got to import an answer to Lotus Field if you’re playing Null. I assume you wouldn’t run Faust as otherwise why not be Whizzard or Maxx or something. Once you’ve installed Faust you effectively have his ability anyway so you might as well get an actual benefit from your id.

But if you’re using reg breakers then you probably need to go back to Net Ready or Atman. From an influence point of view Dumble will be better i think, and obviously Whizzards id is really valuable too.

1 Like

My initial reaction about Null was that he maybe suits an L4J-type shell. Fixed breakers with that ability, NRE, sometimes Ice Carver, and Atman all seems very flexible (plus the increased Parasite reach) and potentially pretty powerful.

Is that better than Whizzard’s ability? I don’t think so, no, but as noted that’s clearly very meta dependent. Null is basically always good value, at least.

1 Like

I think 4tman in Null is very potent with the reg ass breakers, easily breaking any ice up to str 6. You’ll still perhaps want a D4, but you’re relying on it a lot less, so you probably won’t get screwed too easily.

2 Likes

I agree. Atman is even better with Null, as every breaker effectively becomes part-faust.

1 Like

Yeah, he’d be really interesting if Faust didn’t exist, I think. But it does, so…

4 Likes

Grimoire, scrubbed, ice carver null means you can insta-kill a 5st ice on the outside even if they are playing for example, navi city grid. Neat.

He will become more relevant if more elements of the anarch destruction engine are placed on MWL, or more anti faust/para/d4/sucker bullets are printed. For now, the better in Kate syndrome seems to apply.

This is the Internet. There are many who could say that and mean it