Flashpoint Cycle!

Aesop is not virtual resource.

9 Likes

See, we should move this to the Apex thread.

6 Likes

you trash a corp card and get draw off it. there is a reason why this is 4 influence it would be broken elsewhere

5 Likes

Itā€™s the best card the Professor has gotten in a while.

8 Likes

This is true! You can reliably get the effect to trigger every turn, along with some great off turn triggers with clone chip/smc.

Hah! Actually, yeah. Usually the issue (okay, once issue of a few) with the Prof is that whenever he gets a good program it means that someone else also got a good program, so theyā€™re increasing at the same rate as he is, so heā€™s still behind. This time, the poor sucker that got the program was Apex, and no one is further behind anyone than Apex is! Score 1 Prof.

6 Likes

Even worse than that, hw/resources comboing with said programs is usually off limits for the professor.

Wait a minuteā€¦
So now Professor can become Reverse Exile???

Yup. And its probably the best Professor build available right now.

Not convinced it will be competitive. But it is probably more potent than what is available right now.

1 Like

So is this how professor will become competitive? Via the release of cool, high influence programs for the mini factions?

2 Likes

Martial Lawā€™s status is Shipping Now.

5 Likes

New Angeles is due Thursday, so I assume theyā€™re dropping at the same time.

The Conspiracy Breakers Killer = MKUltra. Embarrassed I didnā€™t guess that. Otherwise SPOILERS

EDIT: Nerdbears! We have a new target: MOST RIDICULOUS BABA YAGA.

4 Likes

Can you still use the breakers hosted on Baby Yaga? I guess so, right? In that case any sentry breaker hosted on it might even protect it from Swordsman ā€¦ still bit tricky to set up and there is a lot of new AI hate released, but boy, that thing looks like fun!

Seems fun to host Yog, Faire, and Faust on it. Thing is, it looks like you have to pay install costs for those breakers.

EDIT: Also 2 Infā€¦ No thanks.

2 Likes

MKUltra looksā€¦ bad

Install cost 2
Base strength 1
Install from heap
3c for 2 str and 2 subs?
2 influence

9 credits to break Ichi 1? that isā€¦ pretty much unplayable. I know I could just fight the trace on Ichi 1, but there are plenty of times when that isnā€™t a great plan.

I donā€™t think I ever want to spend 12c to break Archer.

Am I missing something here? I know my French is bad, but it may be better than MKUltra.

Houdini + Inti + Faerie

7 total install cost (5 baba, 2 Houdini)

has the abilities:

1c: Break Barrier sub.
1c: Break Code Gate sub.
0c: Break Sentry sub.
1c: +1 Strength.
2c: +4 Strength for the rest of the run. 1c must be stealth.

(also has Intiā€™s boost but thatā€™s safely neglected)

Amazing breaker. Even at base 0. Efficient strength for the remainder of the run on something that can break the big three sub-types is incredibly strong.

Also, it canā€™t host AI, so no Faust.

5 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if this will be a good breaker because of all of the setup requirements, but the combo player in me loves this.

1 Like

Study Guide + Faerie. 2 to permantently boost str vs ALL ice is pretty damn good. (inti or corroder for barriers, depending on faction)

Study Guideā€™s routine specifies that the power counter goes on Study Guide. Even if it didnā€™t, power counters on Baba donā€™t boost its strength (Baba only gets paid abilities).

1 Like