Flashpoint Cycle!

Sadly, yes. You can use it to put power counters on baba (there’s a ruling that applies from Wormhole I believe), but the counters do nothing.

Gordian Blade might be good.

Wish Baba Yaga was Criminal

And a Daemon

Wormhole is a separate thing. When you use Wormhole to trigger another ICE sub, you are resolving the sub on that ICE. In this case, you are inheriting the abilities from the breakers, not directly using them (or else, Baba Yaga itself would do nothing; you would be buffing other breakers strength, and using them to break things, and paying 5c + 1MU for the opportunity to do so).

EDIT: I nonsensically went from Orion to Wormhole initially, but the same is true for Wormhole to whatever other ICE. Edited to the latter for clarity.

1 Like

I can see a crim big rig using Baba with Faerie, Passport and Breach - 8 total install cost, 2 for 4 or 1 for 1 for str, , breaks sentries for 0, code gates for 1 and barriers 2 for 3.

Relevant ice:
Wraparound 2
Data Raven 2
Archangel 5
Ichi 2
Archer 4
Tollbooth 8 (not good)
Fairchild 3.0 6
Fairchild 2.0 5

Swapping Passport for Yog ups the efficiency, but costs 4 more to install and 2 inf.

Program destruction is becoming a more relevant player, so I like this in Shaper to prevent such effects (though realistically Sacrificial Constructs are only a 1-inf import).

Actually might be decent for The Professor. I mean, Baba wants an array of the most efficient programs across factions to work together, which is pretty much The Professor’s mantra.

Combine with other such good cards as Reaver, Imp, etc. I think he’s worth considering once this pack drops.

Huh. That’s actually a very good point. Baba might, indeed, be Prof’s power card. Holy shit, the Johnny in me really wants this card now.

EDIT: You know, with 3x SacCon to protect Baba, and 3x Chip because Prof basically ignores MWL, Clot gets mighty good. This theoretical deck could have FA game.

3 Likes

I also just like the idea that the Prof has been designing Baba Yaga since Day 1.

“Ha…HAHAHAHAH…fooools…FOOOOLS…I’ll show them - SHOW THEM ALLL! I only NEEEED the one program….”

10 Likes

I don’t think you choose Prof simply for an ideal rig, that doesn’t cost enough inf. And a Baba rig takes 4 MU already, what more can you use Prof for?

Quickly, off the top of my head: DecksOutForProf

(Bishop = Baba)

Look at all those hollow circles… Can’t even see the stars.

Undoubtedly needs tweaking, and probably several omissions, but the point is that the professor can get plenty of influence worth of programs in a coherent deck. I agree that you don’t take him if your sole spending on influence is intended to be the Baba rig, as anyone can cover it.

I also think the professor’s ability can be a bit of a trap. If your usage is below 15 Kate is without question a better call, but getting 25 influence worth of cards and making a deck that jives together is likely better than going for broke at 40.

Just realized I omitted SMC haha. Instantly bottom-feeder tier.

EDIT: Perhaps more functional. Link (1-influence on your favorite prof influence card). Also should find room for parasite.

If you’re only using Mirror for the MU, why not Maya instead? Same cost to play, same MU, and Maya might actually be relevant in same games.

EDIT: Oh, no, I get it now. It goes with Sahasrara. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

I mean Maya might still be the right call. I was mostly going for compressed MU, and it’s a bit of a carry-over from the initial stealth attempt (which might be the right way to take it). I’d have to play with it a bit. The goal wasn’t really to make a top-tier deck, but more so just proof-of-concept.

I don’t think full Stealth is even necessary. Baba + Yog + Switchblade + Faerie + Inti gets you through almost anything currently played for 1 Stealth and almost no creds. Hell… Maybe even Morningstar instead?

Gimme a sec. I am going to put together some hot jank BS.

So suddenly criminals can use their central server breakers on remotes.

2 Likes

But still can’t break Turing with that …

Hmm. Yeah. That blows. D4v1D will do it. Plus, with the right support, so could Yog. Any breaker on Baba looks like it still can be used.

I don’t think Baba Yaga would be so good. It’s the same problem as with Yogosaurus, too much setup.
Btw It looks like first slavic folklore themed card.

2 Likes

I have delved deep down the jankhole and come out to other side. I have built BabaProf. Not sure what to cut for fighting tags: Dr. Jankenstein. Bishop = Baba.

And do you know that you don’t have mu for all this programs? Baba Yaga doesn’t give you free mu for hosted breakers. Again this deck in other ID is much better than in profesor.