2x Fairchild 2.0
1x Ravana 1.0
2x Turing

Sentry (5)
1x Hunter
2x Ichi 1.0
1x Sherlock 1.0
1x Vikram 1.0

14 influence spent (max 15, available 1)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Escalation

This is decidedly not a tier 1 deck, but was fun to play, and killed more just a handful of runners. It was put together before Fairchild 3, so obviously that would go in, but the idea was simply to use tags as tax, with prisec as a pseudo defensive upgrade for the remote that cannot be turned off by rumour mill. Archived memories works nicely, retrieving any Boom that the runner trashes, and the taxing ice / decent econ does a good job supporting HHN. I also played a similar deck out of Palana, which is probably more effective due to access to snares and nasty ice like DNA tracker.

Maybe more practical if going the tagging route is to spend some influence on data ravens, and use ounishment like closed accounts and the neutral Best defence, aiming for more of a rig-shooting deck.

Unfortunately HB isn’t well setup as a faction for killing runners, so any deck that tries to do so will always be tier 2 at best. But it can be fun to brew at times, especially if a bit bored with the more mainstream decks.

2 Likes

HB with big agendas and Punitive has definitely been a thing in the past. You can also build decent decks with prisec and sea source / hhn. Scorched earth can also be used well with archived memories instead of boom.

I’m definitely bringing something very close to this to my next meetup. This is far too hilarious not to play, and actually looks very reasonable, all things considered.

Obviously the larger Fairchild needs to go in, and I think maybe I’d drop a Vanilla to throw in a Wraparound to spend that last influence (and give Faust the finger). It might also be worth to go to 2 Prisec and 2 Ash, just because almost no one around here is actually running rumor mill, they’re just banking on the card’s existence to scare off the scoring upgrades. Other than that, I’m ready to murder fools with some HB!

Now I just gotta bank on nobody from my meta reading this message for a week. >.> <.<

Glad I inspired someone, heh.

That deck must have been put together on the wrong MWL setting; the singleton Eli takes up the last pip of influence. Could be dropped for Wraparound, but I’m not sure it’s worth it. 2 ash / 2 prisec is probably just as good, but with limited ways to tag the runner in the deck, I went for the 3 prisecs. Also stacking multiple prisecs in a remote and having the runner bite is the greatest feeling.

Also a great feeling: cackling inwardly as the runner discards all their plascretes, NACH, networking etc.

1 Like

Has anyone played around with Brainstorm more? I feel like a well-timed Brainstorm rez, combined with the right Killer-trashing cards, could kill an unprepared runner. And brain damage is harder to prevent with common cards in the meta right now, and doesn’t depend on tagging.

Personally I think it would be fun to have an all-bioroid deck, except with ~2x Brainstorm, and see if you can get a surprise kill. But a dedicated kill deck would work better.

DeadCoats !

Haven’t seen Brainstorm much since Battle of the Wits was the flavor of the month back in September. It might be a great time to revisit that concept since most people have forgotten about it and there hasn’t been any change in the meta to make it significantly worse (you’d just probably not get many Brainstorm blowouts against Stealth Shaper).

2 Likes

glaciery hb with food and ash and stuff. i guess this counts as foodcoats sort of. ITD isnt rumor mill able… so i been working on it for a while.

seems strong, didnt drop a game all day (though i ID’d vs someone who woulda likely beat it with their runner)

4 Likes

Neat idea! Really like it, congrats on the win.

I’ve been really annoyed with the belief that “Oh, Rumor Mill is a card, guess glacier is dead.” I think we just need to learn how to play around it and change assets and upgrades.

I’ve been trying to play around with cards like Brain-Taping Warehouse (which has a great Rez to trash ratio and often offers a discount on first use) and Mumbad Virtual Tour. Could even squeeze in Prisec and tag punishment cards like Closed Accounts.

i was testing a HHN list with 3x best defense to kill breakers and a closed or exchange (runs sleepers and a archer)

theres creative space for hb glacier faithful i think. but community hivemind is kinda choking it right now.

to my knowledge im the only person i know that thinks hb vs whizzard is hb favored. need to just get the reps in and figure out how to beat some of this shit.

1 Like

I think one trick to help against Whizzard is to just give fewer targets by using fewer assets. That lends itself well to an operation economy, or the Jeeves FA plan. I also had luck in the past with Hedge Fund, BLC, Restructure, and Lateral Growth.

I’ve had a good amount of success recently with this list:

Next fastro

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Corporate Sales Team
2x Global Food Initiative ●●
3x Project Vitruvius

Asset (9)
3x Adonis Campaign
3x Advanced Assembly Lines
3x Jackson Howard ●●●

Upgrade (4)
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite
1x SanSan City Grid ★ ●●●
2x Surat City Grid ●●●●

Operation (11)
1x Archived Memories
3x Biotic Labor
1x Friends in High Places
3x Hedge Fund
3x Lateral Growth

Barrier (5)
2x Eli 1.0 ★★
3x NEXT Silver

Code Gate (6)
3x Fairchild 3.0
3x NEXT Bronze

Sentry (4)
1x Ichi 1.0
3x NEXT Gold

Other (1)
1x Mother Goddess

12 influence spent (max 15-3★=12, available 0)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Martial Law

This is the fast advance shell I’ve been playing for a while, but with the NEXT ice suite instead. Surat City Grid has greatly exceeded my expectations as an economy/utility card in this deck, often granting 8-10 credits savings over the course of a game, and very quickly turning your next ice into taxing pieces.

The counterplay against Blackmail, DDos and other irritating combos is very nice too. Unlike bootcamp, you don’t even have to stick it on the table for a turn before you can use it - just install and rez Surat, then rez a Jackson or Assembly lines on top of it, and rez 2-3 ice on an unsuspecting opponent. Adonis is also a fine way to trigger Surat if you are comfortable waiting for your next turn, and friends in high places is a nice way to re-trigger later.

Oddly enough the goodstuff Whizzard matchup is one I haven’t had that much practice with so far. The games I have played went well, but ultimately I expect it to the decks worst matchup, and at least a bit worse than if the ice were mainly bioroids.But the matchup against the trendy Andy decks feels glorious, and most shapers also do not enjoy running through next silver with 8 subs on it. Pretty glad to make something decent out of a card that I barely looked at when it came out.

If that isn’t enough, think about the immense satisfaction from causing the blackmail/En passant/siphon spam player to rage quit.

8 Likes

Okay, so with the new MWL out, feels like foodcoats could be back in business. Here’s a list to get discussion going–still needs lots of tuning, but the idea is to make use of the old taxing plan with ash and caprice, but to try to go a bit more up-tempo and avoid leaving open servers for temujin by cutting eve campaign for advanced assembly line and running some extra draw power.

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Corporate Sales Team
3x Project Vitruvius

Asset (9)
3x Adonis Campaign
3x Advanced Assembly Lines
3x Jackson Howard ●●●

Upgrade (7)
3x Ash 2X3ZB9CY
2x Breaker Bay Grid
2x Caprice Nisei ●●●●● ●●●

Operation (7)
1x Blue Level Clearance
3x Friends in High Places
3x Hedge Fund

Barrier (6)
3x Eli 1.0
3x Vanilla

Code Gate (6)
2x Fairchild 3.0
2x Magnet
2x Turing

Sentry (5)
2x Architect ★★
1x Cobra
2x Ichi 1.0

What do people think? How could this list be tuned? Is this the right direction, or do you go for super late game dominance? Help me brew!

1 Like

I’m skeptical about the value of Ash even in a meta where Rumor Mill is nerfed. I could be wrong, but runners still have money and link is still pretty common because of all the NBN in the meta.

Does Adonis + AAL generate enough econ to fun your ice and defensive upgrades?

1 Like

I don’t really like Cobra in Foodcoats, because the Runner already has to respect the Architect.

1-of Biotic Labor has done a ton of work in closing out games for me.

1 Like

I’m working on a build that looks like this:

Foodcoats

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Corporate Sales Team
3x Project Vitruvius

Asset (8)
3x Adonis Campaign
2x Eve Campaign
3x Jackson Howard ●●●

Upgrade (8)
3x Ash 2X3ZB9CY
3x Breaker Bay Grid
1x Caprice Nisei ●●●●
1x Cyberdex Virus Suite

Operation (7)
1x Biotic Labor
1x Foxfire
2x Friends in High Places
3x Hedge Fund

Barrier (3)
1x Eli 1.0
2x Wall of Static

Code Gate (7)
1x Fairchild
2x Fairchild 3.0
2x Lotus Field ●●
2x Macrophage

Sentry (6)
3x Architect
2x Ichi 1.0
1x Sherlock 2.0

Other (1)
1x Excalibur

11 influence spent (max 15, available 4)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Quorum

Deck built on https://netrunnerdb.com.

I don’t really like AAL in Foodcoats, it makes R&D too porous and offers too little value compared to BBG/Eve.

My list has too many tech cards. It can still win games, but it needs to be tuned better.

Foxfire (for ICE Carver and Net Mercur) is largely meta-dependent. If you see a lot of stealth shaper, you may want to swap the FiHP for AM to recur the firefox.

2x Macrophage + CVS is dumb…unless you test in a meta that is 100% AndySucker and TemuWhizz. If runners aren’t looking for free runs to feed sucker counters, you can go down to 1x CVS/Macrophage pretty easily.

I’m not crazy about barriers lately, since paperclip breaks them all so cheaply. I’m on WoS > Eli for two slots because I like to be able to rush an agenda behind a gear check as early as possible.

Lotus Field is only worth it if you are seeing Yog. If there is no Yog, don’t bother with Lotus Field.

Fairchild is kinda neat, but probably not economical/practical. It will keep a runner out (they will run somewhere else instead), but 9c for no face-check penalty will feel pretty flat most of the time.

Excalibur is cool with Caprice/Ash. It makes a lot of scores happen.

Sherlock 2 is the one piece of Prepaid Kate tech I tossed in. In truth, I just really like the art. This ICE is neither destroyer nor AP, but it’s subroutines can make an impact. It’s pretty cool, but nothing amazing, probably better than Fairchild though.

So, in everyone’s testing, was Ash a factor? I’m a big fan of Glacier but instead of returning to Foodcoats I’m playing Palana Glacier. I like having Caprice and Batty over Ash and 1-2 Caprice. I can theorize that maybe Ash is ok since Glacier can shut down Criminal’s run based economy but Anarch…

If I was to test FoodCoats, I would start here:

The only tech is Seidr and Turing. I’m a big fan of influence free tech that takes up ice slots.

4 Likes

So what I am seeing is:
9 Agendas
17 ICE
2 Caprice
3 Ash
5 Adonis/EVE
3 BBG
3 Jackson
3 Hedge
2 FiHP

Which leaves 2 tech slots.

Basically grab Dan’s 2015 World’s list and make a few substitutions (FiHP for AM) and you are there. It’s definitely a cheap way to get into a tournament if that’s what you are looking for.

4 Likes

Palana certainly has the edge in defensive upgrades. HB gets better Econ assets and better ice in exchange. But ash still does work I think, even it I just taxing them extra to trash your Adonis campaign, plus it can protect a caprice even if they win the psi game.