Foodcoats

Next ice is cheap binary ice with upside. You need support to get to critical mass. If you have 2 rezzed they’re pretty good in terms of cost to break vs Rez cost. 6-8 ice slots being next seems ok.

Kate with parasite was the biggest problem in my opinion.

The issue is that some number of that NEXT ice is Silvers which just die the second the runner sleeves up parasite. With Noise looking like the winner post-MWL, I just can’t justify the NEXT suite.

I’m really not sure glacier EtF decks want to be filling their decks with cheap binary ice, though. In fact you are trying to avoid filling your deck with that stuff! So you’re relying on the upside at that point, which means you’re not just hurt by Parasite, you’re crippled by it.

It wrecks Criminals and makes Shapers without Parasite a little sad, but Anarchs will romp all over it. I’m not sure this is how I’d want to set my ice suite up.

1 Like

You’re right. If you want to play Dan’s deck from worlds - don’t play next ice. I think there’s a place in decks not dissimilar to the one bblum and calimsha were touting towards the end of SanSan. And @vinegarymink and @Xenasis did well with at BABW finals. Team Sponsorship is great in that sort of deck - which helps NEXT in the not great matchups. This is probably the wrong forum for that though.

4 Likes

I think that’s fair. NEXT is not a bad ice suite in and of itself, and if you have a strong gameplan for rush (Fast Track, ABT, Team Sponsorship, Bifrost Array(!?)) then I bet it’s great.

I’m on next, running every abt to ensure the next count is always on the rise, and using Team sponsorship to recur them as needed, when adonis isn’t, or the next agenda needs to bake longer. Its really quite fine, even vs parasite. Noise can’t handle the early tollbooth+jam agenda into the remote. I scored out 2, 2, 3(food) in like 6-7 turns a few times.

Why not? It’s just D4v1d and 3 credits. Literally any time I play against Noise he has a D4v1d whenever he needs one.

i wish I knew. If you’re really hard up, toss in ash, early game noise is rarely over 6.

2 Likes

So with us having to cut NAPDs and a Caprice for the normal Foodcoats build are we going to run 2 Biotic Labors seeing as we are going to run 6 3/2s?

Right now my influence is

2 Architect
3 Eli 1.0
2 GFI
1 Caprice Nisei
1 Crisium Grid
3 Jackson Howard

So far the concessions I have made thus far is running only 16 pieces of ice. I may consider cutting an Eve or a Breaker Bay Grid but am very reluctant to do so.

This is my post MWL list:

HB Global Food

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test
1x Efficiency Committee
2x Global Food Initiative ••
3x Project Vitruvius

Asset (9)
3x Adonis Campaign
3x Eve Campaign
3x Jackson Howard •••

Upgrade (9)
3x Ash 2X3ZB9CY
3x Breaker Bay Grid
1x Caprice Nisei ••••
2x Cyberdex Virus Suite

Operation (4)
1x Archived Memories
3x Hedge Fund

Barrier (5)
2x Eli 1.0 ☆☆
1x Heimdall 1.0
1x Markus 1.0
1x Wall of Static

Code Gate (7)
3x Enigma
1x Tollbooth ••
3x Turing

Sentry (6)
2x Architect ☆☆
1x Assassin
2x Ichi 1.0
1x Ichi 2.0

11 influence spent (max 15-4=11)
20 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Data and Destiny

I haven’t found it much weaker than it was before tbh. It’s possibly I haven’t been exposed to tough enough competition post MWL, being purely an online player atm. 2 biotic isn’t crazy to try and sneak through the last agenda without risking it on the field, but I don’t think a drastic solution for Foodcoats is really needed. I might try 1 biotic over the 2nd cyberdex, which has been my flex-slot.

1 Like

Some weird stuff that can be considered post MWL:

Ronald Five - good rez:trash ratio, decently useful effect

Haas Arcology AI/AggSec/Thomas Haas: all in the same vein of advanceable ‘traps’. HAAI lets you bluff an agenda in scoring remote and rewards you anyway when the runner doesn’t run. Works particularly well with the new agenda suite running 6 3/2s.

Team Sponsorship: Gets back trashed Caprice, good card overall. Might not be the best in a 3-2-2 scoring game plan though.

Extra CVS: If Noise becomes super popular.

Biotic Labor: Already discussed a thousand times over

Despite Biotic Labor being discussed over a thousand times its a more organic answer to a standard HB Foodcoats build after cutting down to a single Caprice than NEXT Ice. Also this variant will easily have a better win rate vs Parasite for obvious reasons.

1 Like

I tried a similar build, but I have run into following issues:

1. Decks with Security Nexus are starting to be really popular post MWL around here. HB just crumbles against that, especially with just one Caprice.
  2. I was really missing NAPD. Without it it feels like you’re serving your agendas on a plate when runner is multi-accessing.
  3. The ICE quality feels so much worse than before, especially if you try keep 2 Caprices.

ATM? Regional season starts soon…

I remember Dan commenting that one possibly two Freelancer in Foodcoats might be a good move. Going to try it out with one or two Archived Memories.
Then again, that was said per-NAPD MWL.

Freelancer was specifically to deal with WNP DLR; I doubt it’s a good move now that WNP is unique

1 Like

Security Nexus Kate will be an interesting one, so far I’ve only played against two and won both easily, but yeah, more experience with that matchup needed. This is one of the reasons I’m reluctant to play 3 assassins.

I don’t think the loss of NAPD hurts much - I was one of those people only playing 1 NAPD before the MWL came out. Once Mumbad hits, I plan on trying concept hopper, perhaps 3 of them.

Ok, that makes since. Thanks.

MinhMaxX is still rather good.

I feel a proper kidnapping is in order now.