Foodcoats

I took another look at this. What my draft build ended up gaining was 1 tollbooth, 3 popup, an architect and an eli. Probably still not worth it. The MWL would have to hate on HB a lot more for it to be worth it, I think.

Looks like more of an HBFA ice suite…paying 4 inf for SSCG?

1 Like

Agreed, HBFA is not Foodcoats.

Yeah, I was responding to ghost. I’m not arguing it’s foodcoats.

I’ve been playing with 3x eli 2x architect 1x caprice 1x crisium grid 2x gfi 3x jackson for influence.

The concessions are playing 1x Efficiency Committee (not as bad of a card as I thought; I usually use it to purge) and obviously only the 1 caprice. Architect is mandatory for me because of it’s synergy with Ichis and without Eli your Crim match-up feels like it goes in the tank.

The deck is obviously weaker, but it still plays pretty much the same. The slower runner econs make Ash more viable for scoring and with 2 Archived Memories the 1 Caprice sticks once you draw it.

1 Like

Has the Crisium been worthwhile?

In a world with account Siphon spam and eater keyhole apocalypse shenanigans, i cannot see why not

Crisium is the bomb. I’m still amazed people are playing one Caprice instead of two or none. I also don’t understand what a “crim matchup” is - is that a new faction? :wink: :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes. It’s helps the Dark Maxx match-up immensely and is always nice to have against Maker’s Eyes.

2 Likes

This archtype is still legitimate after NAPD-MWL. I got Vamped three time by a Jes Mopus deck and still eventually recovered for the win at a store tournament today. Can’t say much about my runner deck but most of my opponents were running Foodcoats as well.

2 Likes

Right. I also swapped into x3 Hopper, x2 Eli, x2 Architect and am running x2 caprice.

Seems pretty strong still.

BBG is just sooo sweet. I even got the benifits from a scored Advanced Concept Hopper.

Hopper was good for me and @Arkidents today in Chicago, thing pays in spades when you get it early. Run it, I’m going to 3

4 Likes

I went with 3 each of ABT, Hopper, and food. Scoring a hopper early pretty much makes it a pop up window for the rest of the game unless Turn Table happens with an ABT. Scoring two of those is very brutal, so yes to three hopper.

1 Like

I’ve also become convinced that in a post plop/councilman, the 4 inf is best pushed back into the ice. Im going 0 caprice, 3 eli 1 architect. In yo face MWL.

Aka caprice is a crutch.

1 Like

I didn’t run Caprice in my list. The strength in HB, that I have come to realize, is their ice. Eli and architect are still worth the loss in influence

2 Likes

If runners are gearing up for the expected post-MWL rushy environment (where NBNFA is the majority of the field), that might be a good meta call. The thing with Caprice is that she gives you at least a hope/prayer against grindy control decks who are willing to setup and poach remotes. If you’re anticipating a lot of Mopus, for example, no combination of Ice, Ash, and money are going to give you the space to advance a 5/3.

Aggressive secretary :slight_smile:

thats my post mwl list. 5-1 at a sc yesterday (the first post mwl i attended) and its been testing with very high win rate.

4 Likes

It’s not the worst play to create a scoring window, especially in the post-MWL world where Clone Chips are more scarce. But it’s not Caprice, either. You can shunt Caprice over to the scoring remote early (even behind a single piece of ice it’s very likely to work out to your economic advantage), whereas AggSec, with its 0 trash cost, will be a liability in your hand until you’re ready to at least bluff the 5/3. Caprice helps keep your Adonises and 3/2s alive, can do real work on centrals against Keyhole/Apoc/Siphon shenanigans, and the synergy with Ash is phenomenal. AggSec is markedly less flexible and the combination with Ash gets a bit wonky*. Against rushy-Faustian decks, there’s also a good possibility that AggSec has minimal impact on deterring the runner from repeating the run on the next turn. Whether those advantages are worth the 4/8 influence tradeoff at the deckbuilding stage is a judgment call, of course, but until Political Operative is legal there are very few in-game situations (read: virtually none) where I’d rather draw into an AggSec than a Caprice out of a Foodcoats shell.

*It’s not exactly a nonbo, but it’s not stellar either. If the runner makes it through to eat the AggSec, the entire server (including any Ashes) is likely cleared out, making a followup 5/3 a bit riskier. And there’s always the outside chance that a previously-rezzed Ash actually saves the runner from AggSec if they take the bait but can’t run the server twice/beat the Ash trace.

1 Like