Foodcoats

I think Rainbow is the best tech against cutlery right now, since it covers all three events, and is a single card the corp can toss out when it seems needed, but given the cost in install, rez, and deckspace, Interns may be a better recovery option with a variety of other uses.

Fine, sub boost + tenma line it is!

But actually I’ve been playing 3x hopper and cheap etrs more (next more often than not), and rushing a hopper helps with the matchup so much. It’s not quite as swingy as a good ABT, but way more reliable. The tempo from hopper really helps you and, install, and rez enough ice to play netrunner against that monster.

1 Like

Well, yes and no. Architect is always good on its own, you can still drop one turn on on R&D with no regrets. Sub Boost is better against Faust than other rigs, since it doesn’t have a downside against AI rigs, and Faust hates multi-sub. You can always drop it on an Eli for the non-Faust matchups. I guess the cutlery protection is a side bonus, and I’m really asking if Faust’s dominance is making Sub Boost playable?

Do you use anything for ICE recursion? I have a NEXT Foodcoats deck, and I worry about rampant ICE destruction keeping the ICE from ever getting up to strength (and as a runner I am always giddy to kill NEXT ICE when I see it).

Thus far, it seems that doing an early rush of either ABT or ACH is pretty solid for the match up. They usually are setting up for the first four ish turns.

I am running Eli and Architect instead of NEXT ice and it has been okay. Eli tends to get hosed pretty hard. I just hate NEXT against Parasite.

In a more traditional build, Rainbows might be decent as I can use them to protect my precious Eli. I had not really considered that. Might swap out my IQ or my Markus for them. Probably Markus, because IQ has been pretty solid as a flexible breaker that you res for cheap and can actually buff from 4 to 5 strength in the middle of a run if the runner can’t produce a D4 thanks to Advanced Concept Hopper.

Since everyone is on whizz, does it make sense to put in some clearances? I’m running 2 BLC ala @bahram , both for throughput and cash. I also run 3 hoppers because scoring even 1 is amazing. I came off next ice, and moved to more midrange ice.

BLC helps with rush play. I could see that working alright.

What are people cutting for Hopper? I’ve still got all 6 3/2s, two Food, and an NAPD for my last inf in a more traditional Foodcoats list (no NEXT ice).

It’s not a case of next vs Eli and architect. You run 3x all of them. Top it off with ichi and a couple Turing and I think it’s probably the best ice suite to let you play vs whizz. It’s not super resilient, but it’ll last long enough to give you a chance, and you won’t be as dependent on econ draws.

1 Like

I have cut down to 1 Project Vit and cut NAPD to give me x3 Hopper.

Hopper is probably worth more of a x2 than a x3, but its a pretty solid agenda.

3 Likes

My full suite is 3x of each ABT, GFI and Hopper

I think HB glacier has a pretty good matchup against the Whizzard deck. The ICE is very strong and has multiple subs, you have Architect which is a great card against this (not to mention heavy taxers like Eli, Ichi, Vikram, Viper), you have recursion, and all of your agendas are strong against it (ABT is ABT, Hopper is a great tempo card, and an overscored Vitruvius recurs killed ICE).

Just another case of HB Food having a solid matchup against basically every opponent.

(Side note: Vikram is amazing)

Vikram is great. It has three relevant subs and two meaty traces.

It’s not Assassin, but I love it just the same.

So can you play Breaker Bay Sexbots Inc in a Whizzard meta, or should we make the switch to event econ? (Hedge Fund either way, but it’s Adonis/Eve/BBG vs GLC/BLC/Restructure.)

In my opinion a combination is better! :wink:

Keep Adonis and BBG, probably an Eve or Two, add in 3x BLC, have 1-2 Biotic and/or a SanSan City Grid.

A mixture of burst econ, card draw and some asset econ gets you money and cards quickly to start blasting agendas out. Of course, if they have all the right answers early that might not be enough!

1 Like

Unless you are running Willow. If you are running Willow you need x3 breaker bay.

I probably wouldn’t bother with less than x3 Breaker Bay. Its just such a good card that saves you so much time and cash.

BBG is probably my vote for strongest corp card right now, overall. Running less than three is insane, and I wouldn’t play HB at all right now if BBG didn’t exist.

9 Likes

What’s your ice spread? I feel like the hardest part of the Whiz matchup is finding ice that is even remotely relevant when rezzed.

Barrier (6)

Code Gate (7)

Sentry (5)

Run all the beta tests.

Totally swapping to this spread. Seems pretty solid.

Only thing I am not a huge fan of is Viktor 2.0, but thats just because I like IQ so much. Its probably solid.