Going Against the Grain: Reg-Ass Maxx

Who’s on the dang blacklist anyway?

Probably a buncha hunks.

2 Likes

The guy from Push Your Luck is pretty sexy. I bet he’s on there.

2 cost, 2 inf, current
Cards from newest datapack are blank.

8 Likes

Apologies if I have missed this but are there any videos out there of some solid RegAss MaxX piloting? I’m enjoying the deck myself, but struggle on occasions to take hold of a game and close it out. The point you raised above about not going broke resonates with me and perhaps something to use as reference would help.

1 Like

Yes. You can always spend a click to gain a click.

3 Likes

Well thank you Mr Loaf

2 Likes

I have a dozen or so on my Youtube channel. The more recent ones are probably a bit better.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kiv+maxX

6 Likes

How is everyone dealing with Lotus Field with this deck. I routinely find myself locked out of a server since Yog cant break it, parasite cant kill it, and my Zu’s routinely end up in my discard pile from milling. Is lotus field that much of a hard counter to this deck or am I just missing something.

I’d say about half the time I ignore it and the rest I nut up and get the spooned and zu going.

I default to not ever playing Yog against decks that are likely to have Lotus Field, (BS and any Jinteki).

1 Like

Its a pretty safe default. Finding your code gate breaker is probably your first priority.

I only find Lotus to be a huge issue if I actually installed the Yog.

I found room for a 1-of Personal Touch in the deck. Depending on the ice suite, it either goes on Yog to deal with Lotus/Vyper/Merlin, or on Mimic to deal with Cortex Lock/Ichi/Info Overload whatevers. If it ends up in the trash, usually I don’t mind, but if I need it that’s what a Deja Vu can be used for.

1 Like

If that’s the case, would you consider cutting the Yog for anything else? Since the majority of the main taxing corps run Lotus. Could be more stimhack, third liberated, second D4v1d, retrieval run, or even a (slightly less useful) knight?

Personal touch seems like an elegant, if not slightly expensive solution to the problem.

Mainly, if it falls into the garbage, you have to spend 4 creds and 2 clicks pulling it back out. I suppose this gives you a degree of “tutoring” out of MaxX. After all, you will always know when you can challenge the might of lotus field.

It will be less taxing post Net-Ready Eyes. Paying 2 to tutor and two clicks + possibly triggering I’ve Had Worse sounds pretty awesome to me.

Yog is really really good when it’s good. If your opponent isn’t playing Lotus Field it’s the best breaker in the deck.

3 Likes

Will Net Ready Eyes be worth trying in this deck over Zu once we have it? Not being able to Clone Chip for it is a pain but MaxX is happy to pay the cards

I am going to try -1 zu -1 lucky -1 spooned +2 NRE +1 Yog but I’m not super hopeful.

1 Like

NRE will very much help Mimic also, there are plenty of 4-STR sentries on the market these days.

I’ll go +1 NRE +1 Yog +1 Deja Vu -1 Zu -1 Spooned -1 Stimhack. Drop a Yog without second thoughts, then deja NRE when Lotus shows up.