Going Against the Grain: Reg-Ass Maxx

Care to share your list without NRE? sounds fun.

1 Like

Here you go: itā€™s pretty standard stuff apart from the changes I mentioned.

A few comments: Iā€™m on 2 D4v1d because I was seeing a lot of Blue Sun when I built it, but you can likely cut to 1 if youā€™re not seeing much of that ID - and Iā€™m on 2 Kati instead of 3 because I accidentally missed one out when I built the deck, then played a lot of games without realising and never felt like I missed her. As the deck runs a lot of power events, Iā€™d really like to squeeze in the third Same Old Thing; Queenā€™s Gambit would be the probable cut if I did.

Zu MaxX

MaxX: Maximum Punk Rock

Event (15)
2x DĆ©jĆ  Vu
3x Iā€™ve Had Worse
1x Immolation Script
1x Knifed
1x Legwork ā€¢ā€¢
1x Levy AR Lab Access ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢
1x Queenā€™s Gambit
1x Spooned
1x Stimhack
3x Sure Gamble

Hardware (5)
3x Clone Chip ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ ā€¢
2x Grimoire

Resource (10)
3x Daily Casts
2x Kati Jones
3x Liberated Account
2x Same Old Thing

Icebreaker (6)
2x Corroder
2x Mimic
2x ZU.13 Key Master ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢ā€¢

Program (10)
2x D4v1d
2x Datasucker
2x Imp
1x Medium
3x Parasite

15 influence spent (max 15)
46 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Chrome City

Deck built on http://netrunnerdb.com.

5 Likes

Would you consider going to 1x corroder?

1 Like

Thing is, you donā€™t want to use all your recursion on getting milled breakers back. Two of each helps mitigate that. Because of the self-mill, Parasites are limited as well, so you canā€™t kill every low-strength barrier eitherā€¦

2 Likes

This thread hasnā€™t seen any discussion in quite awhile, and I am curious why. Is RegMaxx not situated well in the current meta? Is the new turtle-hotness too fast for her? Has there been any experimentation lately, and what is working?

I love RegAss MaxX and she is always sleeved up for me.

My problem recently is that due to Noise and people trying to slow Kate down Iā€™m seeing aa lot of CVS and Chronos Project. Itā€™s still definitely the case that she needs a high skilled pilot to work so its possible that better play is the answer but I think this might be the reason for quietness on this front.

I too would like to hear others take.

1 Like

I think it is just nothing came out recently, that you could fit into this deck. So nothing to discuss about, I guess. Iā€™ve managed to win one Nationals and get into top4 in two others with the same old version with 2 NRE and 2 of all anarch breakers. Was crashing NEHs all day long. But yeah, now we have much more ETF (with the release of team sponsorship), and I have troubles with that (cause itā€™s much hardrer to establish medium lock against it than against NEH).

Everyone going to 2 CVS really discouraged me. Medium is just so much worse when you keep running into those. It really is the lynchpin of the whole RegAss deck, so Iā€™ve come off it, waiting for people to drop the CVSes. Itā€™s still a fine deck, but I stopped playing it for the time being. When you have a deck that plays such close games, everyone adding that one extra tech card is a true nightmare.

9 Likes

CVS feels like more of a problem for MaxX than it does for Noise to me.

7 Likes

I feel similarly to others - I have RegAss sleeved up all the time, but currently it feels like Iā€™m having more and more tough games. Not being able to actively disrupt the top tier FA corps (the way Noise or Kate with Clot can) has caused me some trouble, and the CVS everywhere hurts not only Medium but also those runs where you really need your datasucker tokens.

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll bring it out in a few months again, but for now itā€™s sitting in my deckbox.

I think HB with CVS is still in favor of Maxx and she is the most fun challenger to that haarps 24/7 deck without a single plascrete. It is mostly just NEH that she canā€™t beat.

I tried different build, with progenitor,with double progenitor, with double medium. with scrubber, with tons of event econ, with many ice destruction or whatever. 45 46 47 48cards. Neither of them works consistantly well as long as you still need resource econ engine.
maybe fester can work, idk.
After around 30 games of testing against all sorts of NEH, I finally decide to let her go.

It is the saddest decision Iā€™ve ever made.

5 Likes

Have all these variations still included 2x NRE?

1 Like

Yep CVS has been crushing me, especially vs Fastro. And sadly, unlike all other hate cards, there are no real silver bulletā€™s to deal with it. Unless you start considering madness and folly, like Surge and Virus Breeding Ground.

The other option was dropping a spooned and possibly an Imp for clot. Which will generally always bait out the CVS which is fine, cos then you Medium. Still pretty meh though.

Is progenitor enough of a card? My plan is to try a deck with 3x CC, Atman, Utopia, Legwork, Lucky Find, Femme as Influence.

Atman covers you when you canā€™t rely on data suckers.

I was thinking of playing progenitor for +1 MU and medium protection. Career Fair might be better than Femme for the final influence.

My other tech card that I wanted to try is Wanton Destruction. 24/7 news feels me with hopelessness and despair. At least that card almost always does something.

1 Like

only 1 NRE, the other 2inf is either luckyfind/scavenge/the 2nd legwork.

All three are fine choice. Right now Iā€™m settled on luckyfind.

Progenitor has been great for me,I cut a grimoire for it for the NEH mu.
It is also super powerful agaisnt HB late game ( where you also need to get grimore after levy)

umm no levy in your list seems dicey against none-NEH. Especially if HB Glacier is gonna be popular.

Oh yeah. I was trying to do it from memory and forgot the levy. You donā€™t have inf for lucky find or femme or whatever.

Play levy.

Also there is no point slotting wanton destruction against 24/7 news.
Maxx is one of the best runner against that haarps deck because you can find IHW/medium/imp/legwork fast enough. The game is highly interactive and a tons of fun. :grin:

Itā€™s nothing like ā€œ(draw) lol here is my plascreteā€ or ā€œ(draw) shit, where is my plascreteā€ :wink:

2 Likes

IHW is a crapshoot your odds against to lose. But ok, thatā€™s good to know. Itā€™s my next project. Iā€™ll let folk know how it goes.

Seconded. Iā€™m back to playing Val and put Desperado in over Grimoire, and added 2 Progenitors. Fuck CVS. Trying to restrain myself from putting in an Archives Interface to get CVS out of Archives to let me load up on sucker tokens and dollars.

1 Like