Going Against the Grain: Reg-Ass Maxx

lol @SimonMoon and I tried archive interface in Maxx a month ago, didn’t work very well.

Wait, you are Val now!?! GET OUT OF HERE!! :rage:

I played Val at Philly regionals and did terribly with her despite being undefeated with RP. Gave her up for a while but I realized in yet another fitful “what do I play at Worlds” panic that she’s the one for me. I’m not playing the DLR crap if that’s your concern!

regass Val is the worst match up for BlueSun :worried:
now I have to add you into my list of "please keep me away from "

but yeah she is a strong contender to the assets NEH if you can find desperado early enough. I was debating between her and Kate after Maxx and decide to go for Kate. It’s odd but I think Kate is more similar to Maxx than Val. Val is more like Andy in spirit.

2 Likes

We should probably take this to the Val thread but yeah, playing against Val can be real shitty. She has answers for all the decks I’m worried about–like you said, can trash assets easily (esp. with Desperado), get into nasty HB remotes, and put on standard Medium pressure while agendas pile up in HQ that they are too scared to score. Plus IHW makes sense, which is going to be good against the Haarp kill deck, or any other kill deck. Top it off with some Wildcakes and some Faust. I’m in.

MaxX is awesome as well, but she stresses me out. I like to trudge through my 50 cards please thank you.

2 Likes

Spoiler alert, it sucked

What?

1 Like

I think it can be useful for trashing the SE and TA, but it doesn’t help your gameplan of “carefully steal one agenda per turn, and then when you only need 1-2 more go tag me”.

1 Like

What about the 24/7 so long as I score Breaking News +1 you’re dead plan?

1 Like

Imp and being fast helps a lot with that. Tested it a number of times, a Maxx that knows what to do has a pretty good match-up vs Convenience Shop.

Just wanted to chime in that for a couple of weeks I did try cutting NREs for an Atman and a Utopia Shard.

It wasn’t the best idea, actually.

The likeliness of Kate having an Astrolabe in play pre-Levy is far more frequent compared to Reg MaxX having a Grimoire in play pre-Levy. It is already very hard having to try and recur crucial pieces before you Levy anyways that Atman just ends up forcing you to choose between the Atman plan, Datasucker plan or the Parasite plan. It made me acknowledge that having NRE in play made having Parasite as your 4th MU an easier decision to make than having to pick one of the three options.

Ultimately the Atman and Utopian Shard splash were fine but made the deck way too complicated to play. Especially to the point where you question whether running those cards over NRE was ever correct in the first place.

1 Like

The reason I don’t like wanton destruction is that you don’t really want to SOT it and it stops you from getting points that turn. Also it’s not very useful in other match ups :worried:
SOT-Deja-IHW or SOT Legwork should be more effective here and if you draw into wanton destruction, It might just be better if this is your 3rd imp.

I know find IHW, imp HQ, score agenda, get some money, get corroder, medium lock, shake early tags sounds like a whole lot of work compare to corp just score 2 1/2 and Jackson power draw behind a raven. But your card is more effective, they power draw for a whole turn, you imp into it and now they have to power draw again, or they are like, shit! I just discarded a copy of it now I have to Jackson. Their full turn action can be denied by a single click of yours and then you are free to do your own things. They also need a full turn to kill you most of the time. All of these disruption can actually buy you a lot of time. Then once you set up medium, you put them on clock :smile:

The MU is 60/40 in favor of Maxx I think.

3 Likes

Maybe Progenitor is the best answer to 2CVS currently.Fester just don’t work,you often mill it and even all of them are on the board,most of time corp just don’t give a fuck and purge anyway.
I am really sad that my favorite girl got nerfed this much.When I first saw this deck it just blew my mind,and I immediately tweaked a little bit and play with it.With Blacklist came out I once thought RAM is unplayable but then Dan take it to the tournament,and she still performed even better (thanks to NRE).Back then I really hope (and bet) RAM will wins the Worlds,but meta changed so fast and suddenly she just vanished.I know it’s just the meta,but I still feel really sad.

@crfluency @SimonMoon moment of silence

6 Likes

I’m still on maxx unlike you quitters. The last of the maxxhicans

20 Likes

Oh my god you are my savior

1 Like

Just blame @lucasli and @Webster
they crushed me so hard with sponsorhsip neh in our practice :worried:

3 Likes

At the Worlds you can hold the MaxX identity card and yell at them “YOU MURDERED HER!”

4 Likes

I’ve been playing Progenitor in Val. It’s been great.

Now that Dan is distracted with his repeat performance, it’s the perfect time to post non-regassmaxx decks! I’ll start - http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/tc8T2AmWfzbGHcZ7A/

Power nap maxx is the best, highlight of King of servers was making credits for several turns against CI and vamping for 40ish credits.

7 Likes

If you want to run Power Nap Maxx, Trope can be really fun. Playing it right before you deck yourself and pulling three power naps back into your deck to get rich before you levy is hilarious.

1 Like