Going Against the Grain: Reg-Ass Maxx

Love these tweaks. Will try this list out for sure.

1 Like

Yeah, the games of yours I saw were a blast to watch. Just the added consistency that this breed of MaxX gives Anarch is such an edge.

1 Like

Yeah, I found out that 2 D4V1D was really necessary, a single one isn’t enough, especially if your meta have a lot of Blue Sun or Space ICE (which is the case here in Belgium).
Have you missed the Queen Gambit or the Stimhack by the way ?

2 Likes

No. I hate those cards in here.

1 Like

Great list @mediohxcore, also very sensible tweaks @spags. I’ve played over 20 games with Siphon MaxX, but after playing just two with RegAss I’m not coming back.

Currently I see two potential issues with the list though.

1. What to do against NEH if Mimic won’t show up? Just start facechecking into inevitable Architect?

2. I don’t like Lotus Field solution. Not sure if anything can be done to fix this without severely handicapping other parts of the deck. 3x Ghost Runner, 1x Refractor, 2x Aesops and going with Wantons instead of Legwork might be worth testing, but I feel it won’t be good enough. It’s like stuffing your deck with Easy Marks just to enable more efficient code gate breaker…

3 Likes

If you’re willing to dedicate 6 Inf to The Lotus Field Solution™, I think tripling up on Personal Touch is the way to go. It’s crazy strong out of Ed, and I see no reason why it should be weak out of MaxX, who can see her breakers sooner and cheat them into play.

(as a bonus, you get to laugh at Ichis)

5 Likes

I was wondering about the NEH/Mimic thing after reading the write up, too. You can’t really afford to not be face-checking NEH within the first couple turns, so I guess you just have to plant into Architect. Keen to hear back from @spags and @mediohxcore on the matter, though

1 Like

It’s usually on R&D, so if you can’t find a Mimic, playing an Imp and going for HQ until you do is a fine choice. Also, if you haven’t trashed anything and you’re desperate/they’re poor, you can face an Architect and be ok.

2 Likes

that’s a lot of ifs! ;d

I don’t like Zu as a Lotus solution either. My build runs Torch over Zu and Lucky Find and I think it’s amazing.

I have a retrieval run, a 3rd SoT and one stimhack for ways to cheat it out – less dedicated deck slots than Refractor and more reliable. I haven’t played a game where I haven’t been able to get it out if I wanted to.

Breaking Lotus for 1 feels good man. Also makes Wormhole and Tollbooth a little easier to deal with. I initially ran Femme as well – I don’t really want to cut Legwork or a Clone Chip for it but it was really nice tool so I might shift back to relying a little more on Retrieval run and cut a Clone Chip.

1 Like

I’m also not sold on ZU, although it seems like the cleanest solution to have in your deck in case you don’t need it. I think atman 4 woud be great, but then you need 3 inf instead of 2, (dropping ZU and Lucky find). What then to do with the spare 1 inf? I don’t think atman alone is worth the trade off, although it can also come in handy against eli or together with sucker for the heavier ice, putting less strain on D4V1D.

Great article by the way Dan, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Dunno how I missed this, especially playing Kate before :confused: . I’m doing this to @spags’ list: -1 Zu -1 Scavenge +1 Atman +1 Utopia Shard +1 Stimhack. This get’s us to 46 cards but I think Stimhack is kind of necessary to cheat out Atman at 4. After logging some games possibly I’ll know better what to cut to go down to 45.

Scavenge has such great synergy with D4v1d and Imp though… I can tolerate an awkward LFS to keep the possibility of MOAR IMP.

2 Likes

Utopia, excellent idea! Perhaps cut legwork and ZU for atman and utopia, might cut a knifed as well (eli being less a problem) and add some fast econ (including too many slow cards could hurt the NEH match up)

IMO, cutting the legwork is entirely out of the question. Same Old Thing is about 60% worse if you don’t have access to it.

5 Likes

I agree that at least 1 Legwork needs to stay.

However, Yog’s ability to blank ice removes the need to Parasite everything. I would prefer Personal Touch as a 2 of to deal with Lotus, cutting Zu and a Lucky Find. With 2 copies you’ll still get it when you need it, and you can slap it on Mimic for value too.

1 Like

If you’re going to spend 4 influence breaking large code gates, i’d almost rather play a cyber cypher or a torch with ret runs. If the Lotus Fields that are bothering you aren’t coming from BS, Knight works fine against everything else and is quite useful even if they’re not playing Lotus, (Personal Touches will be pretty much dead).

Regardless, I’m pretty sure Zu is as good as it gets. Personal Touch is wonky as fuck.

3 Likes

i like running one maker’s eye mainly because sometimes you need a hail mary and medium won’t get you more than one access or enhanced log in is hamstringing your turn. sometimes maker’s eye is the only way to get RP to burn a Nisei token so you can even make an attempt on the remote. i forgot how good maker’s eye can be in general. its been a long time since i played gabe with 3 maker’s eye but when you are running hot with your maker’s eye you can rob the corp of games they seem to have well in hand.

1 Like

ended second in the Outpost Ghent store championship, lost twice at the Grand final against @fluffdasheep. I pretty much threw away my runner game by playing a queen gambit on a naked ABT. Except on that mistake, the deck fared really well against a very diverse field. Everytime I ran, I got a solution to either run through some nasty ice or to keep the pressure on the Corp. I think if I’ve to remove anything from my 47 cards list it would probably be the stimhack for maybe a vamp.

2 Likes

One of the maxx players in cleveland yesterday, the one who was playing peepy veepies and lucky finds, had a vamp (or maybe 2) and said that it alone was responsible for 4 wins among the 5 swiss rounds.