Grip, not Hand: Yes We Khan!

Like uninstall some icebreaker ?
Snoop dog, like hey, yeah…

I would say the cabled falconer’s glove will be her console (maybe it can host a program like Omni-Drive) and this hawk-holo is her sentry breaker that returns to hand after it’s been used. Fits perfectly the hunting theme.

3 Likes

I think it’d be more likely called Horde or Golden Horde, don’t you think?

Seems pretty accurate:

https://i.imgur.com/Ai098G3.jpg

Her breaker is only better than Ninja.

Yeah, it does seem expensive. I just wanted to link it in case someone hasn’t seen it and @HongkongKoma was pretty spot one with the prediction.

1 Like

the one on her card and temujin is blue, and Khan /Temujin is a reference to Genghis Khan, and his sons commanded the Golden Horde (comprised of the Blue and White Hordes)

i imagine she’ll get a blue and white breaker as well with similar paid abilities (and likely different str/cost ratios, similar to Sunny’s)

Now wait for the console :wink:

I’m not really sure what to do with Khan. Golden is interesting, but not enough on its own to make her ability worthwhile. The next obvious idea is trying to pull shenanigans with Chameleon, Tech Writer and maybe LLDS, except she only has 12 influence and Chameleon costs 3, so that eats up a ton of your deck space, and it’s still super awkward to need to get past that first piece of ice. Next I thought about Geist’s breaker suite, except she doesn’t have any link.

It’s just so many hoops to jump through to get her ability to fire at all, much less build around it consistently, and the payoff feels so minimal once you do.

3 Likes

Don’t bother with Khan til we see her console and hopefully more breakers.

Although, personally I would put in Sahasrara.

1 Like

I started making a Khan deck and got increasingly disillusioned with it as I progressed. Still, these early ID threads are all about throwing ideas around, hey? Maybe someone can take an idea from this and make it good, but in the meantime the following is a bit stream of consciousness. Also, I’m looking at her as she is now. Maybe she’ll get some support down the line, who knows; Geist had to wait for a full cycle before he got Tech Trader and Spy Cams, so we could be sitting on her for a while.

I feel like a (the main?) use for her ability is to maintain early aggression while continuing to rig build. I also really like Deuces Wild with her as you can see what ice further down a chain and install the right breaker from hand. Plus draw is great in crim! Her ability works great with Inside Job, so they’re a no brainer. I went with cheap breakers so she can install then free/nearly free (1 cred for Corroder!). This was possibly a mistake, zu.13 is such a to do anything with.

First test game went well, though obviously some major flaws in the lack of RnD multiaccess and a total (almost criminal) lack of recursion. Deuces Wild was great, and I managed to install all 5 breakers through Khan’s ability. I had just about burned out my deck when I finished though, and was floating all the siphon tags. Some great plays like exposing ice on the inside of a server then running archives for Temujin money, then drawing firing an inside job to install the breaker I need to access, all in two clicks. Comments from the corp player was that seeing answers appear from nowhere as you run felt really difficult, that she’s quite disruptive to play against in a Nasir-in-full-flow kinda way.

Yes We Khan

Khan: Savvy Skiptracer (Blood Money)

Event (22)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Deuces Wild (23 Seconds) ●●●
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
3x Inside Job (Core Set)
2x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (5)
3x Desperado (Core Set) ☆☆☆
2x Prepaid VoicePAD (Second Thoughts) ☆☆

Resource (7)
2x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
2x Symmetrical Visage (The Valley)
3x Temüjin Contract (Blood Money)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ]●●
1x Golden (Blood Money)
2x Mongoose (Kala Ghoda)
1x Passport (Honor and Profit)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) ●●
7 influence spent (max 12-5☆=7, available 0)
40 cards (min 40)
Cards up to Blood Money

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

(Finally, apologies for the name)

I would remove Zu & Passport and try two Criminal dogs. With the inf I would get (Corroder #2) or (Paperclip + sheherazade instead of Corroder) or (Scavenge) by removing a Mongoose.

Other than this, I like your deck. I could see myself having an Autoscripter there.

Yeah, Rex is a good call actually, he’s a pretty nice include at 2 to install and you’ve got a reason to want the second one.

I’ve had Elis rezzed against me in 5 games today, so I’m pretty tempted by Paperclip. I would also LOVE to fit a datasucker in there to optimise the use of mongeese mongooses both of the Mongoose cards and Golden.

Can’t believe I missed the Autoscripter interaction, but slots on that feel a like a luxury in a 40 card deck :wink:

I really don’t get why she got the influence hit unless she’s getting absurd support, and Golden really doesn’t look like it. Sure she’s got a smaller deck but so does Sil, who’s rotation proof and honestly has a better ability in a vacuum.

3 Likes

I’m thinking Pheromones might make sense for her since the credits can be used to install her breakers. Plus if her breakers all have bounce effects like Golden, they’ll make farming counters easier, which in turn makes using/installing her breakers easier. Sneakdoor/Temujin Contract to help get enough counters to be relevant. Hopefully her console is 2MU…

2 Likes

Are we basing her having other breakers on anything?

Hope? If the only breaker support she gets is Golden, she is garbage imo

Feels like if Geist only got Shiv

2 Likes

at the very least, she’ll get a console or something because the bird in her card and Temujin is blue, not gold

Pheromones seems worthwhile in Khan with the delicious new Criminal resource.

But yeah, I think I do struggle to find what her “suite” would be at the moment. Golden is expensive and is not economical, but rather a power turn icebreaker.

So you likely want to build a runner that preps for a big turn with at least three runs in a row.

Which is also kind of antithetical to her id ability, which wants you to install and reinstall icebreakers.

I can’t see her being playable, much less competitive without getting the Geist treatment.

Not sure Geist & Hayley cam were known to Lukas / Damon while designing the Mumbad cycle.
They seems to be a little op even compared to other strong runner archetypes ?