Hayley Kaplan: Click Decompression

I think maya can fit almost anywhere astrolabe does; it’s definitely a meta call (and in this case astrolabe as anti-asset tech is very strong in most metas right now).

All-nighter instead of casts is a mistake (though maybe a fun one; i don’t want to rain on anyone’s jank parade). Casts is a major source of cash, especially important if you’re having trouble finding aesops, and it only gets better once you do find the pawnshop. All-nighter is strictly a wombo-combo card in a deck with no apocalypse or notoriety(plus, even if you added these things, it is generally outclassed by hyperdriver).

4 Likes

Gordian Blade is fine, but I definitely prefer Cy-Cy for its cheaper install and higher base strength. If you’re having trouble without a proper permanent decoder, remember that you have heaps of ways to reinstall Cy-Cy on a new server. Even if you’re out of Clone Chips you can Levy and tutor with your Artist Colonies at instant speed.

One of my favourite things about this deck is how lightweight the breaker suite is. That’s why I prefer the Cy-Cy.

Maya is a very reasonable choice - I had Maya in earlier versions and only switched to Astrolabe at the last minute. I prefer Astolabe for its draw (which is significant in a lot of games at the moment) and its lower install cost. The extra MU is nice, but like I said it’s no big deal to overwrite your breakers in this deck.

@voltorocks is right about Daily Casts.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re right about Casts. I’m trying out NACH to adjust for all the Yellow tag decks at the moment… EOI is everywhere!

Heard about this during the weekend but haven’t seen in action yet, top secret tech or is the list available somewhere to see what it’s about?

A couple of people have lists out in the wild, but I’ll leave it to them if they want to share.

The core concept is installing all your Spy Cameras with one click due to the Replicator/Bazaar interaction. Do it with Technical Writers out and that gives you your setup money. Pop them with Tech Traders out and they make you money while pseudo-pressuring R&D (or rearranging your stack for the Sports Hopper pop). Then Levy 2-3 times and do it all again.

Breaker suite is Pancha + Sharpshooter to make use of the Tech Traders, and to benefit from being able to install all your Clone Chips in one click through the same engine. Other breakers added to taste.

There’s a lot of neat synergies and it makes an absolutely absurd amount of money. The setup is quicker than you’d think, but in my (so far limited) testing, a single SMC and Clot aren’t enough to stop NEH FA (the speedy kind, not that durdling asset shit) from stomping you. It’s also vulnerable to good old fashioned rush.

I’d love to be wrong on those two weaknesses, because it’s a ton of fun to play but not well suited to an NEH-heavy meta.

1 Like

It’s the new variance smasher. Kind of like Noise used to be. It’s god-draw beats every deck and it’s average draw still destroys slow decks. The troubling thing about it is that unlike Noise, the god-draw seems to have no weaknesses at all. If you get replicator, bazaar, Spy Cam, and 1-2 of tech writer/tech trader down by turn 3-4, you can lock down most games to 90% certainty.

Our lord and savior.

3 Likes

Here are the first two games of someone trying it out for the first time. After watching this, imagine what an experienced pilot could do.

2 Likes

another HB 3/1 with a good ability that will never see play because it’s a 3/1

3 Likes

…which might have seen play if it was green

Can Hayley get enough cheap shots on RnD for Caprice to not be worth it?

How does this deck actually win? Does it simply remote lock and then spy r&d every turn and snipe when necessary?
Why the Panchatantra package over normal breakers?

1 Like

It clot locks and remote snipes, and then eventually you will snipe enough agendas off RD or a stocked HQ to win.

panchantantra is a ton of additional econ in the form of sharpshooter breaks with techtrader. one piece of ice per run that is expensive instead makes you money. even more if you clone chipped it back.

2 Likes

it seems a bit… well, boring?

where’s the variance?!

Variance is in getting the combo (Replicator + Bazaar + some Tech Writers/Traders) online fast enough. I think the deck could use Artist Colony/Fan Site package.

1 Like

It might be sacrilege, but I think a Spy Camera could be cut for a Political Operative (or, y’know, the boring choice of cutting Crescentus in versions that are running that). If (if) you get set up before the Corp runs away with it, the only way you lose is psi games. Panchatantra being once per turn makes you especially vulnerable to them.

I think this might be the original (or first published) list:

Hayley Spy Camera Bazaar Nonsense.

Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar (Breaker Bay)

Event (6)

Hardware (18)

Resource (9)

Icebreaker (8)

Program (4)

12 influence spent (max 15-3☆=12)
45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to The Liberated Mind

Decklist published on NetrunnerDB.

It looks like @kiv (in the videos above) took out the Corroder to make room for Clot, which is probably the right call, and some other changes as well.

2 Likes

Here’s the list I’m on now. There’s a couple more videos on my channel too and more coming in the next couple days: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-8Ph6h3pRqpIatKjf5yhdg

###[Panopticon 1.4][1] (45 cards)

• [Hayley Kaplan: Universal Scholar][2]

Event (9)

• 3 [Diesel][3]
  • 2 [Dirty Laundry][4]
  • 1 [“Freedom Through Equality”][5]
  • 3 [Levy AR Lab Access][6]

Hardware (16)

• 1 [Astrolabe][7]
  • 3 [Clone Chip][8]
  • 3 [Replicator][9]
  • 3 [Sports Hopper][10]
  • 6 [Spy Camera][11] ••••• •

Resource (11)

• 3 [Bazaar][12]
  • 1 [Political Operative][13] •
  • 1 [Sacrificial Construct][14]
  • 3 [Tech Trader][15] •••
  • 3 [Technical Writer][16]

Icebreaker (6)

• 1 [Atman][17]
  • 1 [Inti][18]
  • 3 [Sharpshooter][19]
  • 1 [ZU.13 Key Master][20]

Program (3)

• 1 [Clot][21] ••
  • 1 [Panchatantra][22]
  • 1 [Self-modifying Code][23]

Built with [http://meteor.stimhack.com/][24]
[1]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[2]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[3]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[4]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[5]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[6]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[7]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[8]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[9]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[10]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[11]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[12]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[13]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[14]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[15]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[16]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[17]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[18]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[19]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[20]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[21]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[22]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[23]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder
[24]: Meteor Decks - Android: Netrunner Deckbuilder

10 Likes

Such a tight list.

Only close cards are the 2x dirty laundry right? Any room that daily casts could be better?

in the tag meta, dl is far better.

This hurts so much as Camera Hayley.