Hayley Kaplan: Click Decompression

I’ve been goofing around with putting Rebirth back in. Political Operative is clearly the better choice in general, but Rebirthing into a Kit when the winning agenda is on the top of R&D, and you just need one more access can be a fun play. Won a game where I was relatively low on credits and they’d stacked ICE on R&D enough that I couldn’t do the Pancha/Sharpshooter thing to get through all of it otherwise. I’m also back to 1x Deus Ex.

I’m going to play around with putting a Vamp in instead of a Clot. This deck makes such a ridiculous amount of money, it seems silly not to, especially if Sandburg is getting play. I’m missing the multi-access but at least Freedom Through Equality sort of works like a multiaccess.

1 Like

Quick Hayley rules checks. Old and contradictory answers online.

Can installing a 6th spy cam give you a replicator shuffle? Rabbit hole ancur says yes?

SMC fail to find, returns SMC and credits but shuffle? Street peddler ruling.

Replicator still has a partially resolvable ability: shuffling the stack, so why wouldn’t it? What Street Peddler ruling are you referring to. IIRC, SMC has always resolved and shuffled, even when there wasn’t a valid target in the stack.

I have a couple of questions for Hayley players who have been using cams:

1. what fracter are you using?
    I’m on Inti, but I often don’t install it, since it isn’t much good for barriers str>2

2. what decks/strategies are giving you trouble?
    So far my only loss has been to a top-tier player, after I failed to read the situation and committed a blunder

3. SMC, how many copies do you run?
    Once I’m set up, I don’t often need one, but against FA decks, it is a option to have clot available after a Levy

1. Inti isn’t a great fracter and the first time you go through the deck you can’t really afford to use it most of the time (exception : wraparound, resistor, ice wall of). But you get filthy rich soon enough and at this point breaking with it becomes less of a problem.

2. I hate the bn into all seeing eyes and I lost pretty much all my games when it occurred. Watch out.
    Rush decks with a mean to FA the last point can be good but it is the reason you have clot. So you’re not helpless.

3. I personally have 3 copies. Between fetching panchatantra / deus-x / sharpshooter / clot, I tend to use it a lot.

2 Likes

Anyone try hyperdriver yet? I’ve been amazed by its efficiency. Try it in the 2x econ slot you all have, it works wonders.

Also, I’ve been slotting one council man–it makes CI an auto-win essentially since comboing through triple clone chip, clot in play, council man in play (to derez cvs :P) is extremely difficult… Plus it’s polop for batty!

Overall I’m running the last list Kiv posted above except:

-2 Dirty Laundry +2 Hyperdriver
-1 Saccon +1 councilman
-1 Zu +1 Gordian (personal preference, I don’t think either is better)
-1 SS +1 Deus X (more matchups turn into near auto-wins, can help you vs some ice set-ups, and it is only around a cred more expensive on average when used instead of SS)

Deck feels so good.

Also, @BubbaTheGoat:

1. No other good influence free options other than inti. Snowball is tempting but takes 4 pumps before snowball starts being cheaper.
  2. There are a lot of weird hands you have to be able to play out. A lot of awkward turns where you just set up and bluff that you can run next turn because even if you can, you really don’t want to. So in some sense that’s going to be one place that gives people trouble–piloting. Bad piloting can allow good players to get ahead of you and give themselves chances to win.
    That being said, I honestly don’t know of bad matchups. Rushing Breaking News into All Seeing I seems like an option. Targeted Marketing can sometimes create a win (but even so converting 60 creds into a win vs this deck once set up is still hard–and Freedom is still an out for us which we can hunt for (with 6 spy cams) so that it’s only 60 creds once). Some decks can sometimes rush points out fast enough when you have a bad starting hand that you can be forced to run on an incomplete engine and can sometimes run out of steam or lose the race.
    shrug It’s a strong deck.
  3. One SMC is fine, two is luxury from my testing.
3 Likes

I like Dirty Laundry more than Hyperdriver. I know it’s easy to get the 3 free MU to install Hyperdriver in cams while setting up, but it’s more often credits I need than extra clicks early. If I had extra credits, then I’d just use Hopper to draw more, so to me, the battle is Dirty Laundry v Casts v Gamble.

Gamble: net 4 credits when you need them most…provided you already have 5, encourages a slower setup

Casts: net 5 credits…eventually, also gives a slower setup, but can install on Hayley trigger ( a nice bonus)

Laundry: Net 3 credits now, provided you can make a successful run. Don’t bother checking a remote, just run something boring that can pay you, this card is about credits, not click compression.

After the combo is running, I can only really see myself using Laundry on some target I was going to run anyways.[quote=“coffeeyay, post:470, topic:3752”]
-1 Zu +1 Gordian (personal preference, I don’t think either is better)
[/quote]

I also prefer G-blade over Zu in cams. I’ve been focusing on my own setup over challenging the rush most of the time, so for my playstyle, G-blade is better.

I also agree with you Re: Inti v Snowball, 4 is a lot of breaks to come out even with a 0-cost program. I’d probably use a Lady if she weren’t on the MWL. Nonetheless, I very often don’t install Inti, maybe a 2nd Atman would be better for me?

2 Likes

@CodeMarvelous and @kiv made this video on the Hayley Replicating Cam deck:

2 Likes

Two Hayley games, top one with some commentary:

Somebody still plays hayley with all the tagging going around?

With Paperclip out. I might try this: schehe, Aesops, sahasrara, cache,…
Run barrier, use hayley to install a chameleon. I’ll see if i can come up with a list…

2 Likes

So can we still play hayley as long as we play NACH to deal with breaking news?

The problem is you want to see the NACH quickly. I’ve been all-seeying-I-ed too much lately in the first 4 turns without a NACH. I’m starting to try out 3 NACH and Sym vis instead of Proco, so i actually have the creds to ignore the tags.

I just dusted off my old Hayley deck and it’s feeling like tag defense in Shaper is still an open problem. I’m currently running 2x NACH and 2x Film Critic and it feels terrible. What are people using as influence light/free tag defense?

Aaron Maaron in Quorum seems good but at 2inf a pop it’s competing with Temujin for influence and slots.

Aaron is immense but at 2 influence and non-tutorable outside of criminal (hostage is also 2 influence so it’s a wash) I think it may be hard to justify the splash over temujin. In faction misdirection seems your best option but you have nothing instant speed except for the clunky and awkward NACH/critic combo.

having luck with this list lately:

2 Armitage Codebusting
2 Quality Time
2 Aaron Marrón
1 Misdirection
1 Gordian Blade
3 Data Folding
1 Net Shield
1 Corroder
2 The Toolbox
1 Legwork
3 Modded
2 Beth Kilrain-Chang
2 Film Critic
2 Paricia
3 Career Fair
1 Employee Strike
3 Self-modifying Code
3 Diesel
2 Clone Chip
3 R&D Interface
3 Underworld Contact
3 Daily Casts
1 Femme Fatale

2 Link, aaron and clickless money help with nbn matchups. Clickless money and net filter really helps against kill decks. The deck needs finetuning but i think the core seems solid. New cards from Terminal directive could be nice (draw package). HB FA is a problem without clot, HB Glacier is nice because the longer the game, the better your odds!

Any ideas? Thoughts? Try it out!

2 Likes

Open brainstorm: what do we need to make hayley great in this meta?

*Quick Cash
*Tag removel
*asset spam
*Clot against FA

?

I’m looking at a Cam Hayley list with 2x FTE and 2x Mad Dash to live the dream of the 2-score game.

1 Like

is cam hayley fast enough to deal with Asset spam/prison decks?

Against Jinteki Prison? no, not really. Biolock is a bad matchup for cams Hayley.

Against CtM, Russian NEH and Sleeper Hold? yes, those are match ups you can contest.

Cams is more of a combo rig-building deck that is somewhere between competitive and jank. It is a lot of fun to play, which is the main criteria for my interest.