Hemorrhage Noise: Is hemorrhage the return of Noise?

videos are coming up

4 Likes

3 - 0 at league night today, 2 GRNDL, 1 HB. Season One championship mat is mine, all mine ;).

1 Like

I like that Noise deck, it has a pretty direct approach for itā€™s play style, and it seems fairly well streamlined. Seems like a corp deck with a lot of ICE and money might be a tough match up for it, but not a lot of decks like that out there right now.

I have been working feverishly to make a strong Noise build. I have a pretty good one, but just not as consistent as other factions. I will have to take this build for a spin. Although its obviously very strong, the 3 account siphons just seem so cliche, and I fight playing that card. Maybe Iā€™m just stubborn.

Nice deck!

I actually think Hemorrhage and Keyhole have aided Whizzard more than anything, after testing out all three Anarchs running Account Siphon.

Look at how heā€™s running Noise and trashing Assets, that game would have been aided by Whizzard far more than Noise. Plus, a rig running Knight/Corroder is more safe from virus purges if Hemorrhage is the only virus in play. Finally, I feel as though Quality Time is a more important splash than Gorman Drip in Anarch in general, though the latter is a very nice virus for Noise.

1 Like

Tough to say that definitively, milling can always be devastating, and Noise will always mill, Whiz wonā€™t always trash. I think itā€™s safe to say Anarchs are generally moving up, which is exciting!

1 Like

I rarely see enough trashable cards to get any mileage out of whizzardā€™s recurring credits, or Iā€™d say ā€œheck yeahā€. I played DLR Siphon Whizzard for a long while, but switched to Noise once assets started to dry out. Iā€™m curious to try Reina with this sort of build, though.

It seems like Noise SHOULD be the strongestā€¦ I will have to try this deck, but I am not convinced Anarchā€™s are there yet. I played like 10 Noise games consecutive, then played 5 criminal games, and it was night and day on consistency.

When I win with criminal, I feel like I just totally steamrolled and out played the corp, and I feel like I can do this almost every game. When I play with Noise I feel like a genius, a luckbox, or just angry I am trying to make Noise work (usually dependent on the draw and match-up). I never feel like, ā€œjust another game of winning as the runnerā€¦ā€

I hope that doesnā€™t sound bad, but I am guessing you guys know what I mean.

4 Likes

after talking to him after the match, 2 of the agendas in archives that won me the game were off noise mills (there was a 4th agenda in there), and I got a jackson. The number of times iā€™ve won by cashing in my random mills offsets the money iā€™d save by being whizzard imo, although whizzard is scary when iā€™m playing nbn. also I usually like it when they purge, thats one more turn where they donā€™t get to play netrunner

3 Likes

If the HB player had trashed DLR, it would have been a very different game. That was a huge error from him. I assume you would have Hemorrhaged him instead of milling on the next turn, which would still have been good, but not quite as good since it didnā€™t look like he had any agendas in hand.

Keep posting the vids, Iā€™m enjoying them and itā€™s helping me get my head around the deck!

Yes, this has certainly been true in general for me too. About the only decks I see that run more than Jackson/SanSan (meh/imp-bait) are HB decks, which is why I think HB is the weakest matchup for this style of deck :).

1 Like

Totally agree. My Store Champ deck would be an extremely tough match up against this deck. It can usually stop even criminals from landing a siphon all game, and recovers fast when it actually lands.

I think this deck is going to stall quick against big strong servers.

I played about 10 games last night with this deck (with the corrodor and no Masanori). I felt like I had the same problem I normally do with Anarch. If I got the right cards I was devastating. If I didnā€™t, it was frustrating. It beat weaker players, but as soon as I started playing strong players I ran into problems.

I am not convinced Hemorrhage is worth the time and money it takes to work. Its click intensive, costs 3, and it requires a rare set of circumstances for it to be powerful.

I think I will try datasucker and maybe even a Darwin or 2 for cheap mills and additional breaker options. Darwin on itā€™s own can provide decent pressure on low strength ICE like rotoā€™s, Ice Walls, ect, and with datasucker it significantly improves as a breaker to help land a siphon, or get through any server one time. There were a number of games I could not find a breaker to save my life, and thatā€™s just bad when you want to land a siphon.

All that being said, it felt like one of the strongest Anarch builds I have played. I am not trying to come across as negative, just reflective on my experience.

Thatā€™s because itā€™s packing three siphons. Anarchsā€™ only redeeming feature right now is the fact that they have a decent breaker suite (several, actually) without spending influence. Packing three siphons capitalizes on that, only leaving the card draw aspect uncovered :slight_smile:

Yeah, if you lose the hemos then youā€™re back to ā€œNoise as usual + 3 siphonsā€ :). Iā€™ve enjoyed the hemorrhage play, personally.

At what points in the game are you finding Hem to be useful?

So far it is largely an intimidator, giving me an extra Timewalk or two, but it is also nice to clear out a corpā€™s hand of stuff youā€™ve probably seen before when they have two or three cards left.

itā€™s really useful for making hq runs productive. hemorrhage like 2-3 times and run the hand, chances of agenda go way up, especially if they canā€™t afford to set up a remote yet

Hem is good if you activate 2 times (best with two hems down), run their HQ while you have imp so that the imp impact will be bigger by trashing something that the wanted to keep in their hand and then running again for the last click. This way you will again have two counters on each Hem to repeat the same thing next turn.

Of course this is good at the mid- to late game.

The deck actually wins more than you expect it with decking the opponent out.

The people I play rarely let me build up tokens, but either this play or the extra turn is nice.

Got another several games in last night, and stayed with hemorrhage. It was more effective in these games. I donā€™t think the opponents were quite as strong as my previous games, but the deck performed well. I won 3 games by milling, itā€™s very good at that. Joshua B and DLR can put a ton of pressure on.

This is a really fun deck to play. I made a couple modifications, but this is one of the best Noise builds I have seen.