Imaginary Cards

No I didn’t intend Operations to trigger it. In that case, “Whenever the Corporation trashes a non-Operation card, gain 1c.”

That makes it confusing as to whether Runner trashing effects would trigger it. Blargh

1 Like

Speaking about the Self-Modifying Code comparison, keep in mind that I designed these cards months before the announcement of Order & Chaos: at that time Anarchs needed some strong cards to fill the gap with other factions.
Now that we have a more balanced meta, I agree that it’s probably too strong; the adding of a “non-icebreaker” clause should be fine.

I don’t know, I prefer the on-the-fly effect because Anarchs already have a reusable tutor (Djiin)… to use Cosmic Egg you need to trash another program that defines the cost of the program you can search: this should make this card balanced and different enough from other tutor cards.

I designed Refactoring several months before the release of Interns (if I remember well, it was during the Genesis Cycle). The inspiration came from “Sunset”: I liked the idea to reorder our servers and I wanted to create a playable card to do so.
It doesn’t seem to me that Refactoring and Interns are too similar: Refactoring can only install pieces of ice and I think the most useful (and unique) part of its ability is that you can install it in the middle shifting already installed pieces of ice. It’s especially useful if you play positional ices such as Chum or Inazuma.

Thanks! I like the idea that influence could have an active role during the game, it’s another variable that should be considered during deckbuilding! :smiley:

You can also find this active role of influence in manifestos: after the release of “Director Haas” and “Chairman Hiro” I thought “An executive is a unique corporation card that defines the faction, what could it be a corrisponding card for runners?”. The answers to this question were the 3 Manifesto cards:

Each manifesto has a typical in-faction ability; note that the “Whenever” clause is triggered by playing the manifesto itself.

I like the idea, if you add the “non-Operation” clause and the usual “Limit one console per player.” should be fine to me :slight_smile: Maybe it’s a bit expensive… I would lower the cost to 3 or 4: after all it’s a console! (it should also be unique)

I’m a little disappointed in those manifestos, to be honest. The concept is great but they’re not powerful enough and they’re just colour-swaps of each other.

My idea for a manifesto would be something that would be more like value statements that fit each faction, and if you met the specific criteria for that manifesto you’d move it to your score area for some number of agenda points.

1 Like

I’m interested to know how you template the cards, they look awesome!

I use the OCTGN templates created by db0 (thanks again db0!!! :smiley: ) that you can find here:

I search the artworks on google and then I create the cards using a free program called GimpShop :wink:

I used a common template to create a version for each faction; something similar to the upcoming Cerberus concept. I tried to diversify the cards with a specific “Whenever you install” ability based on in-faction mechanics.
I can understand that you don’t like the cards, but they don’t seem underpowered to me.

However the idea of a manifesto that can be scored seems good! :smiley:

Corps have Wotan and other powerful ICEs, what could it be the corrisponding card for Runners?
I’ve designed a new set of powerful unique cards: the “Avatar” programs! :smiley:
Being an avatar the digital incarnation of the Runner, you can only have one avatar in play and can be dangerous to use… the power comes with a price! :wink:

I’ve used the same template to create avatars for each faction, based on this schema:
ANARCH: strong angainst barrier, good against sentry, weak against code gate
CRIMINAL: strong angainst sentry, good against code gate, weak against barrier
SHAPER: strong angainst code gate, good against barrier, weak against sentry
Avatars 1.0 and 2.0 are icebreakers:

while Elemental avatars are utility programs with thematic abilities:

The Earth Elemental is my favourite avatar: “the ICE loses a subroutine” is an interesting new ability :smiley:
I think the “avatar” concept would be really cool to play! They are strong but they also have limitations and drawbacks in order to be balanced :slight_smile:

Very cool concept and beautiful art. I definitely find the Forms more interesting and playable than the Avatars.

New ICE idea, one that purges Virus counters (as if we needed another Anarch hate card).

Sweeper
3c / 0 Strength
ICE - Trap
–> Purge virus counters. Trash Sweeper.

Opportunity cost of purging is 3c. Originally had this as a Sentry, and maybe as a trap it’s too powerful. I just thought it was too underpowered as a 4c / 2 Strength Sentry.

I like it! I’ve been thinking about:
Lucky Guess
Event–Cost 0-neutral

Gain 1 click and draw a card. the corp must search R&D for any copies of astroscript and remove them from the game, replacing them with any other cards to make their decklist legal.

If Lucky Guess is not in your grip at the start of the game, you may mulligan as many times as is necessary until it is. Lucky Guess does not count toward your Identity’s minimum deck size.

I mean, it’s obvious, right? Of course they’ll try to write on the moon. Let’s just, like, not let them.

Brainstorming some concise yet potentially utterly game-breaking ID abilities…

Runner: Whenever you break all subroutines on a piece of ice for the third time in a turn, trash that ice. Anarch 45/10

Runner: You may activate abilities of scored agendas in the corp’s scored area as though you controlled them. (This identity card can be advanced.) Shaper 45/15

Corp: The runner bids first on traces. NBN 45/12

Corp: You have 1 additional click each turn. You may score agendas only at the beginning of your turn. HB 55/10

2 Likes

Samson 1.0
Rez: 3 Str: 0
HB
Bioroid - Barrier
The runner may spend [click] to break any subroutine on Samson 1.0.
Samson 1.0 gains -->End the Run for each point of strength it has.
“Sometimes bald is better”–Quetzal

How does the Corp reliably boost Samson’s strength?

HB: Stronger Together, Experiential Data, and Lag Time each give +1.

Corporate Troubleshooter turns the card into a very scary piece of ice, but only temporarily.

But it’s not really that scary ever, cause it only ends the run.

1 Like

This is barely ever even as good as Eli. Maybe make it cost 0 or 1 or have 1 strength automatically?

"Card Name"
Weyland Agenda - 3/0
When you score “CN,” place 1 agenda counter on it for each Bad Publicity you have.
“CN” is worth 1 additional agenda point for each agenda counter on it.
When the Runner steals “CN,” he or she gains 1c for each Bad Publicity you have.

A weird mutant cousin of Beale and Sleepers. Originally I was thinking a 3/1, but that seems potentially too powerful late game. What do you guys think? Also feel free to try to name it, I only had 2 minutes before work!

Waaay too powerful. 1 point for every 2 BP would still be busted in the faction with the most BP. Just score three Hostiles and rez a Grim, and it wins you the game with 4 points.

Neat idea, but waaay too powerful as something that can be FA’d so easily.

Yes, but you’re overlooking the fact that it doesn’t count towards your Agenda requirement. I think the card is more balanced than it first appears. If you’re running 3 Hostile and 3 of this, you’re at 3 of 20 AP. Even if you’re not intending to win via your other Agendas, they are still available to the Runner. also, if you’re sitting at 3 or 4 BP waiting to find one of these to score for the win, the Runner is likely running amok on your servers. The only answer to FA it is Biotic, which is expensive influence wise. All this considered, I think it is far from “way too powerful.” I’d like to hear other opinions; maybe I’m off the deep end.

And now, two more Bad Pub ideas:

Project Pyrrhus
Weyland Agenda
5/2
Lower the advancement requirement of Project Pyrrhus by 1 for each Bad Publicity you have. Its advancement requirement cannot be less than 2.

If they’re going to hate us, let’s at least make some money out of it.

"Card Name"
Weyland Agenda
5/2
When you score “CN,” place 1 advancement counter on “CN” for each Bad Publicity you have.
Click, hosted agenda counter: Trash an installed card with an install cost less than or equal to the number of Bad Publicity you have.

(Awkward wordings, maybe. The second might be feasible as a 4/2, even.)

1 Like

I think as a 4/0, it might be more balanced, though you’re right about the size (and the ease of stealing Agendas

Pyrrhus seems like a better way to go about doing it, although Profiteering might make it a bit much.

The problem with introducing another potential 3/2 to Weyland is how powerful Atlas is. It requires overscoring, so it’s not a straight-up fast advancement card, but it’s a clickless Fast Track (with more utility) for each overadvancement, which makes it a powerful lead into other FA things. With Hostile as the only real 2/1 and Atlas itself as the only 3/2, that’s fine. But the 3/0 that could be a 3/3 or 3/5 makes a Biotic splash into a very hard win, and Pyrrhus becoming a 2/2 with Profiteering also plays merry havoc with that. GRNDL with Profiteering makes both those cards into killers. Limiting Pyrrhus at 2/2 at least stops 1/2 or 0/2 shenanigans.

Not saying they’d be unbalanced by themselves necessarily, but boy howdy would I hate to play against 'em.

“Card Name” seems a bit more reasonable, except that, again, it’s easy to rack up the BP in Weyland. It’d do a lot to help, not going to lie, but the combination of “more tokens” TOGETHER with “more power per token” is a bit worrying. Maybe make it like IT department, you get agenda counters based on BP, but the value of what you’re trashing is limited by the agenda counters?

Honestly, the way I’d try to handle BP would be either an in-faction version of Veterans Program that’s a 3/2 or 4/2 (and hence worth playing for points anyway), or something that gives you credits (possibly drains them from the runner) upon scoring based on BP.

A 4/2 that gains tokens like “Card Name” does but instead they get spent during a run to force the runner to spend credits equal to the BP you have or end the run might be good, though possibly too powerful. Would certainly force them to have more credits than BP, because even if they can break through your stuff for “free” if they can’t match the cost anyway they’d be almost like Nisei counters. Might have to limit to once/run. Maybe as a 3/1…

I really like this idea!
I don’t like the idea of giving Weyland agendas that remove BP. I want to see FFG print cards that allow Weyland to embrace BP and reward them for it.

1 Like

NBN Identity - Division
PanoptiCo
45/12
At the end of each unsuccessful run, give the Runner one tag.