Imaginary Cards

See, while the install isn’t much on its own, it’s good combined with other things. Lateral Growth sees play, right? I don’t think it’s a weak effect, I just think it’s odd that it’s the only one that’s outright worse than just clicking, if you’re not getting any of the other effects. Increasing the cost to 2 puts Weyland’s and Jinteki’s pieces in the same boat if we take 1 click = 1 cred = 1 card to be true for balance purposes.

Hmm… Jinteki start-of-turn things aside from net damage, huh? There might be a few other things.

• Swap 2 pieces of installed ice
  • Put 1 card from HQ on top of R&D (could make for some fun shell games with the HB and NBN effects)
  • Install an asset or upgrade from HQ in a new server
  • Rez an installed piece of ice, paying all costs (hey, the other 3 factions have ways of doing it outside a run now, right?)

True, increasing the cost to 2 probably is the best solution and leaving the HB one at 1 install should be fine. Yeah even with just Jackson rezzed it becomes draw two then install 1 which is playable. get the rest in there and its pretty great (though i kinda want to increase the Weyland credit gain to 4, I feel like people are less likely to have random Weyland stuff rezzed other than maybe Executive Boot Camp?)

For the start of turn stuff I think the “Rez a piece of installed ice” one is my favorite Mostly because I feel like Blackmail and False Echo decks are just the most annoying decks behind DLR but thats just my personal preference…

I’d say that, if they’re less likely to have random Weyland stuff rezzed, that’s a fantastic reason for the Weyland effect to be a little better.

However, I do hear that Crisium Grid still has some value, so there’s another Weyland card that might get imported (probably as a one-of). And Commercial Bankers Group may have a place in the asset spam decks you’d play with these (since it’s hard to rely on having ice rezzed to activate them, if the runner isn’t running or keeps you too poor to rez them).

Sunflower departement : Transparency is the key.
Jinteki Identity: Division • 45 / 15

The first time a run is successfull on a server, you may place 1 advancement token on an installed card in or in the root of this server.

Insects leak was a major accident provoked by international terrorism.
– Chairman Hiro

1 Like

Guardian Angel - 1
Resource: Connection
Once per turn, when you access or encounter a card with 1 or more advancement tokens on it, you may pay up to 2c to move that many advancement tokens from the accessed or encountered card to Guardian Angel. When there are are 3 or more advancement tokens on Guardian Angel, trash it and either trash 1 resource or take 1 tag.
"I don’t know how much longer I can keep them off your – oh god, they’re here!"
Shaper – ●○○○○

Mutate says hello

1 Like

You know, this was before the new spoiled Jinteki ice reminded me that Heritage Committee / Mutate was a thing (maybe not a good thing, but a thing, at least), or maybe I would have remembered it. Still, Mutate requires the sacrifice of rezzed ice, which doesn’t help much in the Blackmail / DDoS situation.

EDIT: Which is also an Architects of Tomorrow problem, I suppose. Oh well. Weyland needs to do something well that decks other than NBN Kill want to import, right?

And hasty relocation, that works with accelerated diagnostics as well as mutate

Faraday Cage
Hardware
You are not tagged.
You can’t initiate a run.

Is this not just the most boring card ever once it’s installed? Unless you’re doing something very weird, surely the corp just wins?

On the other hand, if kards like Keyhole or Siphon get around it, then it’s way too strong.

Combine with Dr. Lovegood and you’ve pretty much got an unbeatable DLR deck.

2 Likes

A couple takes on positional (sort of) ice.
EDIT:

Smoking Mirror
Rez 3 - Str 1
ICE: Code Gate
Smoking Mirror gains the printed subroutines of the next rezzed piece of ice directly behind it protecting this server. If Smoking Mirror is the innermost rezzed piece of ice protecting the server, it gains “-> End the run” instead.
Jinteki – ●●●○○

I figure it should be safe in Jinteki if it doesn’t duplicate Komainu’s subs and needs the same breaker as DNA Tracker. The fact that they also have access to ice-swapping should help. I want it to be expensive for HB to get, because copying a bioroid without the click-to-break ability could be nasty.

Border Gate
Rez 2 - Str 3
ICE: Barrier
Border Gate gains “-> End the run unless the runner pays 1c” for each piece of ice protecting this server.
When each turn ends, if Border Gate is not the outermost piece of ice protecting a server, move Border Gate to the outermost position protecting this server.
Weyland – ●○○○○

Just a porous way to add some tax to a growing server. Strength might be too high, but it’s not that hard to get through. I originally had it moving on rez, but realized that I’d have to address whether or not the runner moves with it if it’s rezzed during a run. This way that’s not an issue.

1 Like

Cool ideas and about right on balance. What happens if you have two border gates on the same server? Does the corp just choose the order of triggers?

Ooh, good point. Well, they’re both end of turn triggers, so they’d trigger at the same time and then the corp would choose the order, right? They’d both wind up on the outside, and I guess the corp would decide which one goes second in case one is parasited or something.

EDIT: Realized I needed to address unrezzed ice behind smoking mirror. Or is its uselessness with unrezzed ice behind it part of the balance of the ability?

●Kaizo - 0 rez - 4 trash
Asset
Rez only if the runner made a successful run on HQ, R&D, and Archives this turn. Increase the rez cost of Kaizo by 3 for each piece of ice protecting this server.
The next time the Runner spends at least 1[click] on his or her turn, do 6 net damage unless the Runner just initiated a run on this server, then trash Kaizo.
Jinteki - ●●●●○

What kind of deck would you run this in? RP? This seems so difficult to pull off.

It’s Apocalypse protection´. And also from those other cards that are not as flashy as Apocalypse.

Install 2, win the game.

1 Like

That’s why I added the “unique” dot, so you can’t have 2 rezzed at once.

And yeah, Apocalypse and the upcoming Encore are the main reasons for it (Notoriety and Quest Completed don’t need anything keeping them down). It won’t stop them, since the runner can poke the server and deal with one ice at most, but it’ll make the runner wait a turn and lets you know what their plan is.

Plus I wanted a reference to the Kaizo Trap trope.

Ah, somehow I inferred this card as triggering on the start of the runner’s next turn, instead of the very next click. I was thinking it would be useless against apoc since it would just get trashed anyway.